[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

"
bene0019 wrote:
Chimera sucks

Best bet is to run around as fast as possible. Last time I did it deathless by casting brands in various spots so they would hit almost no matter where he showed up.

Also, hope he doesn't go into that mode. Hitting him fast and hard seems to be the only real way

To be fair, my lvl 95 zombie/spectre necro with 12K life/es with 39% damage reduction also got toasted by Chimera.

I've also found that the brands continue to do damage while you're dead so don't immediately respawn, let them do their work first.

You raise a good point--more damage is NOT useless. I forgot if you have crazy DPS you can eliminate 25% of his life fast enough to skip to the next add phase. I seem to remember doing this once with a juiced elemancer Arc witch, and I'm sure I can already muster more DPS than that build had. I guess that's the real solution in this case--thank you!

(deadbubble, definitely am trying Arcane Cloak, but as you alluded to, I'm not fast enough regardless :/)
"
Yikes, what are people here doing against Chimera? The smoke phase is pure death! With only 22% attack block and < 10% phys reduction as mitigation, I am completely toast at 7.8k ES.

Don't get me wrong, I got through it, but it took 4 portals for the whole fight. Without being able to leech during the phase--and without substantial phys reduction, evasion, or attack block/dodge--we are a straight-up scratching post while we fumble around looking for the right cloud.

More damage doesn't help, recharge is useless, ES regen is untenable, and stun immunity seems dubious. Even if you have the 35+ ex to afford 10K ES via McDuck's Eye, I don't see that it would actually solve the problem.

I'd suggest walking in and 1 shotting him. Seriously though 7/10 on the budget version i'd instaphase him and skip smoke. As your currency increases this become 10/10.
Thank you again for the answer! Now I understand why Inevitable Judgement decreases the damage.. Can you share with me the Path of Building of this Inquisitor version? [/quote]

I did not change the build to optimize, simply switched the ascendancies.
Anyone else getting 1-shotted by lots of things in Monster level 83+ areas?
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
Yikes, what are people here doing against Chimera? The smoke phase is pure death! With only 22% attack block and < 10% phys reduction as mitigation, I am completely toast at 7.8k ES.

Don't get me wrong, I got through it, but it took 4 portals for the whole fight. Without being able to leech during the phase--and without substantial phys reduction, evasion, or attack block/dodge--we are a straight-up scratching post while we fumble around looking for the right cloud.

More damage doesn't help, recharge is useless, ES regen is untenable, and stun immunity seems dubious. Even if you have the 35+ ex to afford 10K ES via McDuck's Eye, I don't see that it would actually solve the problem.

I'd suggest walking in and 1 shotting him. Seriously though 7/10 on the budget version i'd instaphase him and skip smoke. As your currency increases this become 10/10.

Yes, that makes sense and is a great suggestion. Thank you so much for this excellent guide and your very thoughtful answers to everyone's questions!
"
Ace_007 wrote:

I hope not! let me take a peep at your PoB. Can't have you out here dying!
dont know what to change anymore,i got the watchers eye,res capped but still the delirium encounter they kill me a lot mainly because there are to many mobs,both bosses in the delirium die pretty fast but the damn mobs just kill me alot,this is my gear,in my tree i had to take some life nodes in order to be able to activate clarity,its a bit harder to get the brands up since the mana cost got to 6700 and i tried with a mana pot instead of the phasing one and i dont feel it works
Spoiler

i got lucky with the new jewel so i got 24ex more to spend :))
i keep the Arcane swiftness wheel instead of Doom cast because it gives me a bit more survability
https://pastebin.com/GQ38CNbr
Last edited by norxe on Apr 22, 2020, 9:34:14 PM
"
norxe wrote:
dont know what to change anymore,i got the watchers eye,res capped but still the delirium encounter they kill me a lot mainly because there are to many mobs,both bosses in the delirium die pretty fast but the damn mobs just kill me alot,this is my gear,in my tree i had to take some life nodes in order to be able to activate clarity,its a bit harder to get the brands up since the mana cost got to 6700 and i tried with a mana pot instead of the phasing one and i dont feel it works
Spoiler

i got lucky with the new jewel so i got 24ex more to spend :))
i keep the Arcane swiftness wheel instead of Doom cast because it gives me a bit more survability
https://pastebin.com/GQ38CNbr

Honestly, given how good your gear is, I can't really understand what could be causing you such a problem, but 6700 mana per brand seems like overkill on damage if you're having survivability issues. If you drop Conviction of Power for Sanctuary of Thought and then drop Retribution, Blood Siphon, and Arcane Swiftness for Unnatural Calm, I can't imagine you won't have a better balance of defense/offense. If this build has any weaknesses, DPS isn't one of them.

But really, listen to whatever f1rstborn says when he replies. He's the expert.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Apr 22, 2020, 11:11:57 PM
"
Ace_007 wrote:

Yeah same issue here... out of the blue just getting oneshot :( Sitting at 8000 ES and all Res (except Chaos) on Maximum. No idea how I can get over 10k ES without the Watcher's Eye.

I was going through my second Simulacrum, and probably it was because of my inexperience, but I used up all portals until the last wave as there is just so much stuff happening on screen that I cannot even comprehend... and on last boss with all portals used up, he oneshot me the moment my Stormbrands ticked and killed him... all the loot lost -.-

I cannot afford the stupid Watcher's Eye to push for more ES, price is just ridiculous even for the worse ones... so I am a bit lost on what to do next, is it my lack of proper gameplay or am I missing out on something?
You're currently sitting at 6K ES and 11.9 Million DPS.

I'd suggest switching from Conviction of Power back to Sanctuary of Thought.
Take off the three nodes for Arcane Swiftness and get the 3 for Arcane Potency instead.
Drop the 2 nodes for Soul Thief and 2 for Blood Siphon and get the left-hand 4 nodes for Doom Cast.

That will drop your DPS to 8.75 Million while increasing your ES to 7.8K

That's my $.02

Looks like you're also missing the Insightfulness chain (4 nodes)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info