[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

"
norxe wrote:
dont know what to change anymore,i got the watchers eye,res capped but still the delirium encounter they kill me a lot mainly because there are to many mobs,both bosses in the delirium die pretty fast but the damn mobs just kill me alot,this is my gear,in my tree i had to take some life nodes in order to be able to activate clarity,its a bit harder to get the brands up since the mana cost got to 6700 and i tried with a mana pot instead of the phasing one and i dont feel it works
Spoiler

i got lucky with the new jewel so i got 24ex more to spend :))
i keep the Arcane swiftness wheel instead of Doom cast because it gives me a bit more survability
https://pastebin.com/GQ38CNbr

First and foremost you need to improve the wand. It's missing the o-so-important mana stat that is reducing your damage, shield and energy shield. Second Kosis will still insta-lame you from time to time in Simulacrum or even a properly juiced t16. You have to stay mobile against him to survive. I had this problem at 6k, 10k and even when I tried the 14k ES variants. It doesn't matter without a significant amount of physical mitigation which this build does not have.
"
Edimasta wrote:
"
Ace_007 wrote:
Anyone else getting 1-shotted by lots of things in Monster level 83+ areas?

Yeah same issue here... out of the blue just getting oneshot :( Sitting at 8000 ES and all Res (except Chaos) on Maximum. No idea how I can get over 10k ES without the Watcher's Eye.

I was going through my second Simulacrum, and probably it was because of my inexperience, but I used up all portals until the last wave as there is just so much stuff happening on screen that I cannot even comprehend... and on last boss with all portals used up, he oneshot me the moment my Stormbrands ticked and killed him... all the loot lost -.-

I cannot afford the stupid Watcher's Eye to push for more ES, price is just ridiculous even for the worse ones... so I am a bit lost on what to do next, is it my lack of proper gameplay or am I missing out on something?

In my experience, dying on certain simulacrum maps at a later phase is a game over. You never have the chance to get back in and get up enough brands to clear. With that said, I die in maybe 1 out of every 20 now and was doing them long before I had the watcher's eye [that's how i saved for it]. Get comfortable with the constant movement style. [check my video section].
"
bene0019 wrote:
You're currently sitting at 6K ES and 11.9 Million DPS.

I'd suggest switching from Conviction of Power back to Sanctuary of Thought.
Take off the three nodes for Arcane Swiftness and get the 3 for Arcane Potency instead.
Drop the 2 nodes for Soul Thief and 2 for Blood Siphon and get the left-hand 4 nodes for Doom Cast.

That will drop your DPS to 8.75 Million while increasing your ES to 7.8K

That's my $.02

Looks like you're also missing the Insightfulness chain (4 nodes)

excellent suggestion.
"
Edimasta wrote:
Why don't we actually use the Energy Leech gem... would that be a big damage loss when replacing Elemental Focus or Controlled Destruction?

And I have been reading about a 6th Brand... how do we actually get that?

Energy leach is a gigantic damage loss as you are rarely leaching. [you go from almost dead to full in less than 2 seconds due to cinderswallow]. It is also redundant as illuminated devotion+ghost reaver have a higher leach/second.
"
NecropK wrote:
How do you guys deal with porcupines? I get insta cucked against them usually. Wanted to push 100.

I walk into a super juiced map. See a porcupine. Walk out of the map. Put a new map in the device.
I'm not entirely sure how this build works (never tried a brand build), but what about using Indigon instead of Mind Spiral? i know it's a pretty big ES loss but tapping Arcane Cloak can give you about 600% increased spell damage which feels like a lot.
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
NecropK wrote:
How do you guys deal with porcupines? I get insta cucked against them usually. Wanted to push 100.

I walk into a super juiced map. See a porcupine. Walk out of the map. Put a new map in the device.

Hahaha yes! This will be my strat moving forward as well
Thanks for the advices guys,i changed the Sanctuary but still as you said even with 9.2k es i still die
"

Thanks for the advices guys,i changed the Sanctuary but still as you said even with 9.2k es i still die

Here's my current build. I'm pulling 10.5 Million DPS with 7.1K ES. I rarely die unless I'm doing something I haven't done before (like shaper, high level sirius, or high level simulacrum).

https://pastebin.com/xGwhkbAJ

How do you play?
I guess it really is all in the movement... be fast, zoom around, never stand still... and know the mechanics of every boss :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info