[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

Hello Exiles. My first guide, but far from my first build. In a league full of 2 mirror jewels, 45ex watcher's eyes and 40ex skill gems, I wanted to share a build that can do 99% of content effortlessly without breaking the currency tab. This build brings 7.5M DPS per brand and 7.5k Energy shield for 7.5ex at the time of writing.

As is tradition, feel free to leave any questions and comments here, Youtube or join me MWF 10pm CST on Twitch!

Pros and Cons

+Damage to cost ratio is out of this world
+Tanky via 7.5k EHP, Arcane cloak and Energy Shield Leech
+Brands allow you to focus on mechanics and not maximizing DPS
+League Start viable with hybrid variant
+Zoom zoom play style
+Scales very well with currency

-Cannot run Atziri or Ele reflect
-Stun avoidance requires 5ex investment (Skyforth)
-Optimal play style requires more than 2 buttons (lame)
-Jealous friends
-Annoyance that other builds aren't this effective

TL/DR POB and Vids NAO
https://pastebin.com/gsDUjwQj
[Note] the damage modifiers added to the amulet to account for Arcane capacitor and Sign of Purpose.
Deathless Elder. Initial proof of pricing and concept.
100% Delirium. Sirus. Conquerers. Simulacrum
Check level trees, notes and alternate gearing in POB.

But I only have 1ex!!

Check level trees, notes and alternate gearing in POB.
This version drops to a 5-link and loses the fevered minds. It still produces a rock solid 1.5M dps and maintains the EHP and leech levels. It will get you into red maps and earning those other 7 exalts in no time.

Build Mechanics
This build is centered around creating the largest possible unreserved mana pool in order to convert it to lightning damage via Archmage and Arcane cloak then use it on Storm Brand. Once casted, all flat damage and spell modifiers are locked to the brand for its duration. Since we use brand recall to bring them with us everywhere, they persist for the duration of a map. Increasing the spell cost of Storm Brand increases it's damage. This is the reason Fevered mind was nerfed in 3.10 from 100% increased spell cost to 50% (it was called a buff, Indigon users collectively eye-rolled). It is also the reason we hoard fevered minds like Jared Kushner hoards medical supplies. When combined with mana cost increasing items such as Voidbringer or the ultra-budget Apep's Rage and high mana multiplying supports, fevered minds produce an eye watering 4.4k mana Storm Brand.

Cluster Jewewls
Large: Fevered Mind
Medium: Fevered Mind
Small: Fevered Mind
1 blank passive Voices: Sell it, replace with fevered mind

Ascendancy | Bandits | Map Mods
1. Sign of Purpose: This will help you keep brands nearby while leveling and provide extra boss damage.
2. Divine Guidance: This will buff Archmage damage significantly and increase brand damage with transfiguration of mind.
3. Illuminated Devotion: Increased damage. More damage. and Leech, initially life, can later be converted to ES via Ghost Reaver
4. Sanctuary of thought: Now I know what you're thinking..."F1rstborn, this reduces mana cost and damage wtf??". It's true, it does; but we are trading this damage for EHP, reserving an additional aura on our Prism Guardian, and being able to summon two brands without a potion. [Underated QOL]
5. Arcane Blessing: Should you throw caution to the wind, go full softcore POB warrior mode and die to every other t3 delirium mob, at least this will keep you from being frozen in the process. Jokes aside, this path works just fine if you pay more attention to surroundings. EHP 7.5k->5.1k | DPS 7.5M->13.6M
6. Conviction of power: I use this instead of Arcane Blessing after Skyforth and Watcher's eye. This will provide permanent endurance charge generation for us.

Bandits:
Kill Them All

Map Mods to Avoid:
Physical Reflect [Wave of Conviction]
Elemental Reflect [Everything Else]

Pantheon
Major: Soul of the Brine King to avoid stuns. The dead produce no DPS ~Eleanor Roosevelt.
Minor: SSoul of Ralakesh. Chaos DOT is absorbed by our mana, this helps with the physical DOT.

Item stats and priority

Wand - Increased critical for spells>Max Mana>Non-chaos as chaos>Critical Multiplier
Prism Guardian
Mind Spiral
6L Ivory Tower
Boots - Resists>Mana>Movement Speed>Life
Atziri's Foible
Rare Ring - Resists>%max mana>max mana>energy shield
Rare Ring - Resists>%max mana>max mana>energy shield
Stygian - Resists>Max mana>Max energy shield>strength/life
Fevered mind x6
Healthy mind

Gem Links
Body Armor:
Storm Brand>Concentrated Effect>Archmage>Controlled Destruction>Elemental Focus>Lightning Penetration; Optional: >Chain Support for map clear [Drop Controlled Destruction].
Shield
Zealotry>Wrath>Vaal Discipline
Helmet
Brand Recall>Vaal Righteous Fire>Second Wind>Empower
Wand
Wave of Conviction>Curse on hit>Assassin's Mark
Gloves
Arcane Cloak>Arcane Surge>Increased Duration>Second Wind
Boots
Dash>Second Wind>Clarity

What are some future upgrades?

Awakened Gems for this build in order of effectiveness:
1. Awakened curse on hit +12% DPS [will allow you to use assassins mark+conductivity or conductivity+elemental weakness once your crit is high enough]
2. Awakened Chain support [will buff your clear, do not consider until you have a 6th brand as that is a much more cost effective solution] this would replace lightning penetration in the 6 link.
3. Awakened Controlled Destruction +9% DPS
4. Awakened Lightning Penetration +5.5% DPS
5. Awakened Elemental focus +4.5% DPS

Due to the expense of these gems I'd suggest the following upgrades first.
1. Skyforth: Stun immunity and power charges
2. Watcher's Eye Mana>ES with clarity. Can either use to push ES over 10k or to drop Sanctuary of Thought and double your DPS
3. Improve belt/wand/cerulean ring stats.

My current gear

Current set up is 17M DPS

Change log
4/8/20 - Posted, Sin help me.
4/8/20 - 1 Exalt version added
4/9/20 - Leveling guide added. POBs combined
4/13/20 - Changed Arcane cloak to self cast.
4/15/20 - Added current gear section
4/20/20 - Added End game POB and second Youtube Video
5/23/20 - Cleaned POB of misc errors

Last edited by f1rstborn on Jun 15, 2020, 8:06:28 PM
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2020, 7:12:40 AM
Hi! Build look amazing! What kind of stuff do you recommend to buy first, before it can get more expensive? Can u write leveling tree?
upd. why we dont use quality on mostly gems?
Last edited by GolovaLOshadi on Apr 8, 2020, 2:39:18 PM
"
Hi! Build look amazing! What kind of stuff do you recommend to buy first, before it can get more expensive? Can u write leveling tree?

You caught me mid update! I've included a 1 exalted version level 90 version as well. I'd love to write a leveling tree, and will get write on it.
Last edited by f1rstborn on Apr 8, 2020, 2:30:51 PM
I have seen a few similar builds floating around and am interested in trying one. My biggest confusion is how the build actually play (like literally what buttons do you press and how/when/why of it all).
Also a leveling FAQ would be nice, I have no idea how to level a templar.
Is there anyway to get rid of the screen dim when on low life?
Using delirium gets rid of screen dim.

you could sacrifice a point to put it in arcane vision if it is truly a problem.
"
plsENDme wrote:
Is there anyway to get rid of the screen dim when on low life?

Arcane vision costs a skill points, just opposite pain atunement. Personally, I just deal with the reduced sight and keep the skill point.
"
jbabel1012 wrote:
I have seen a few similar builds floating around and am interested in trying one. My biggest confusion is how the build actually play (like literally what buttons do you press and how/when/why of it all).
Also a leveling FAQ would be nice, I have no idea how to level a templar.

I think I can make that happen!
"
You caught me mid update! I've included a 1 exalted version level 90 version as well. I'd love to write a leveling tree, and will get write on it.

Nice guide, will start following. Side note, when you do the levelling tree, put on the same pob! And write something on the notes if you want to. Its easier to follow imo, just separate by levels+labs! Ty
"
Nice guide, will start following. Side note, when you do the levelling tree, put on the same pob! And write something on the notes if you want to. Its easier to follow imo, just separate by levels+labs! Ty

Thank you for the suggestion.

Tomorrow I will complete leveling POB. Doing it in reverse so it's a fun challenge. Good luck in wraeclast tonight exile.
Last edited by f1rstborn on Apr 8, 2020, 10:58:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info