[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

But it is just not worth doing it as Inquisitor... you lose so many things that make this build so nice just for a little bit more DPS of an already insane amount of damage haha :D
guys how does it work with the watchers eye?i wanna get rid of Sanctuary of thought and i dont really know how the watchers work,i got really lucky with a botteled faith in a cortex map and im close to getting the eye
If you don't want to sell it for 35+ exa, you'd swap out one of the Fevered Mind jewels with the Watcher's eye (as long as it's the right version).

Then you can drop the Sanctuary of thought. You'll maintain about the same ES as before but have nearly double the damage.

I do not have a watcher's eye. I have 7K ES. If I wanted to drop sactuary of thought, it would drop my ES to around 5K. I'm currently doing about 10Million DPS.
i dont have it yet but just made 34ex so i will get one soon:)
so basically i will replace 50 increased mana cost of skills from jewel with the 50% less mana cost from sanctuary?
It's apparently not quite that simple according to the PoB calculations. It might have something to do with where the additions and subtractions exist. Fevered mind doesn't double your damage, but removing sanctuary of thought does.

For my build.

I'll do 11.7 Million DPS with 6 fevered minds (7K ES)
I'll do 11 Million DPS with 5 fevered minds and a good watcher's eye (9.2K ES)

These are both with sanctuary of thought.

By removing SoT:
with watcher's eye I'd be at 6.6K ES and 19 Million DPS
with an extra fevered mind I'd be at 4.6K ES and 20 Million DPS

I hope this helps
yes,thanks!
It's because Sanctuary of Thought gives a 50% less multiplier. Fevered Mind gives a 50% increased addition. Pretty much ubiquitously throughout the game, modifiers that increase/decrease a stat are added up and the sum is treated as a single multiplier, while modifiers using "less" or "more" are individually multiplied during calculations.

So if you have a spell that costs 100 mana and you have have 3 Fevered Minds and Sanctuary of Thought, you end up paying 125 mana per spell (100% + (3)50%)*(50%). (I'm stoned, so someone correct me if I botched part of the explanation.)
Yikes, what are people here doing against Chimera? The smoke phase is pure death! With only 22% attack block and < 10% phys reduction as mitigation, I am completely toast at 7.8k ES.

Don't get me wrong, I got through it, but it took 4 portals for the whole fight. Without being able to leech during the phase--and without substantial phys reduction, evasion, or attack block/dodge--we are a straight-up scratching post while we fumble around looking for the right cloud.

More damage doesn't help, recharge is useless, ES regen is untenable, and stun immunity seems dubious. Even if you have the 35+ ex to afford 10K ES via McDuck's Eye, I don't see that it would actually solve the problem.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Apr 22, 2020, 12:03:45 AM
Chimera sucks

Best bet is to run around as fast as possible. Last time I did it deathless by casting brands in various spots so they would hit almost no matter where he showed up.

Also, hope he doesn't go into that mode. Hitting him fast and hard seems to be the only real way

To be fair, my lvl 95 zombie/spectre necro with 12K life/es with 39% damage reduction also got toasted by Chimera.

I've also found that the brands continue to do damage while you're dead so don't immediately respawn, let them do their work first.
Last edited by bene0019 on Apr 22, 2020, 1:20:48 AM
For Chimera, Arcane Cloak is vital. It reduces damage by a lot. Of course, you'll have 1 second to find him before he tears through it, so...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info