[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

IF you are struggling with this build make sure you get good flasks and maintain 100% flask uptime. Veiled flasks mainly stun immune and phasing flask is critical to this build.

Quality up your cheap unique items:

Get better rares. Belt/Weapon/offhand/gloves/jewels. These slots can add alot of damage and ehp.

Cluster Jewels: Don't skip these as they are ultra important for your recovery and survivability. 1 spiked concoction is needed with heart of oak to give you 100% stun avoidance with veiled mod stun avoidance flask. Without this you will get stunned and killed by hard content.

Levels: Cluster jewels are very powerful so every level is a big power spike. The build does not come to full power until level 95 or so.
I have been playing this build for a while now, and can definitely confirm the above. This build is very strong, however it doesn't really take off till you have both cluster jewels with Liquid Inspiration and Numbing Elixir. I went from underwhelmed to just destroying the atlas. For me, that was at level 89.

Speaking as someone who played this as a relatively new player, this toon isn't perhaps the best mapper out there, but for slaying bosses it is top tier in my humble opinion. If I run across something my Trickster can't easily kill, I just hop on this and slay it in no time. Killed t16 Hydra like nothing yesterday, when I only had 1 cluster jewel still.

I just started delving with this toon, and it is so smooth even for a noob like me. I just pop flasks and run around without even popping flares, it is so fun. I fully intend to play this again next season. Thank you so much for the build, it really opened up the game for me.

PS. New players, don't forget to look at the POB when transition time comes on the passive tree. I missed a lot and it made life hard for a bit.
Last edited by pvb32978 on May 21, 2020, 11:59:06 PM
Would it make sense to replace elemental focus support with trap and mine damage support so that our critical hits can shock? or is shock in general hart to apply/porfit with this build?
"
wennilein wrote:
Would it make sense to replace elemental focus support with trap and mine damage support so that our critical hits can shock? or is shock in general hart to apply/porfit with this build?

You can't apply shock at all with ball lightning (without archmage). This is due to how shock works. You need to deal the amount of damage that bypasses their shock threshold in a single hit in order to shock, and BL relies on huge amount of hits to deal large damage, which is incapable to shock.

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
That sounds plausible. But since this is a crit build, shouldnt those critical hits also cause shock without elemental focus?
"
wennilein wrote:
That sounds plausible. But since this is a crit build, shouldnt those critical hits also cause shock without elemental focus?

I mean i do get what you meant, but this is because on our average hits from ball lightning is just too low to shock bosses, which isn't good for bosses.

Your crit will have 100% chance to shock, but if it doesn't bypass the ailment threshold for the monsters, you still can't apply shock. I know this is a little bit difficult to understand.

"
Shock effect is based off how much lightning (or in general shock-eligible) damage you do, as a percentage of the enemy's life. You need to hit for at least 0.2% of the enemy's life to get the minimum shock, which increases damage taken by 1%. Thus you probably won't get any useful amount of shock on bosses, but you'll get big shocks against trash enemies (which doesn't matter since they die in one hit anyways).

Path of Building always uses the maximum possible value of shock (50% increased damage taken) if you check the "is enemy shocked" checkbox, which is generally a huge overestimate.

If you want to use shock for consistent damage increases, take Elementalist's Beacon of Ruin, which gives shock a minimum strength of 20% increased damage taken, and stack increased shock effectiveness.

An answer from a guy I know from PoE official discord
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Ah, too bad. But still thank you for the fast answer and for this awesome guide. Really having a blast with your build!!!
Hey.the build is great but i have a question . When i place Militant faith it converts Pain Attunement to The Agnostic but also converts Destructive Apparatus to Calming Devotion, so basicly my annoitment didnt work :/ What I am doing wrong ?
"
AlexAndonov wrote:
Hey.the build is great but i have a question . When i place Militant faith it converts Pain Attunement to The Agnostic but also converts Destructive Apparatus to Calming Devotion, so basicly my annoitment didnt work :/ What I am doing wrong ?

This means that you pretty much got unlucky that it your Militant faith applied on that spot. You have to use divine orb to reroll your Militant faith that has the name Venarius or you have to buy a new one.

It is a very rare situation not gonna lie, you pretty much got very unlucky right there unfortunately :c as Militant Faith by nature will be changing some notables around the area sometimes.

I personally recommend you to replace the notable, because divine orbs are very expensive right now
Last edited by Remicaster1 on May 25, 2020, 10:23:47 AM
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
AlexAndonov wrote:

This means that you pretty much got unlucky that it your Militant faith applied on that spot. You have to use divine orb to reroll your Militant faith that has the name Venarius or you have to buy a new one.

It is a very rare situation not gonna lie, you pretty much got very unlucky right there unfortunately :c as Militant Faith by nature will be changing some notables around the area sometimes.

I personally recommend you to replace the notable, because divine orbs are very expensive right now

My luck always :) So i have to look for a new jewel, better than reroll, coz I dont have much currency anyway, despite I am playing on standard :)
Thank you for you fast answer and for the build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info