[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

https://pastebin.com/VGP4hq8i

This is my POB .Can you have a look, if you have time , for some advices ? :)
I do have Militan faith with elemental resistances, but its not shown in POB.
Also temporal chains and lightning trap are there just for lvling them, coz I dont use RF yet, my regen is high enough only with flask(not sure if it supposed to be otherwise) :) Again, the build is great, thank you.

Edit : I do have

But its kinda hard to cap resistances with it.and frankly i feel that my flask are up all the time even now, but maybe I am wrong :/
I feel a bit confused about weapons..I though i have one better but it seems its not..atleast what ingame stats says

and my flasks are a bit different from this POB
Last edited by AlexAndonov on May 26, 2020, 12:04:57 PM
I just wanted to pop by and thank you for this awesome guide!

Very well detailed, without explaining a bunch of unneccessary stuff either. :)

I am using a saboteur based on another guide, but found some inspiration from your excellent guide as well.
Last edited by Avous on May 27, 2020, 5:55:17 PM
Killed Awakener 8 for the first time with this build. Thanks a lot for the guide. Next up is uber elder if I have time before league end.
Hi!
I wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for this build. You really explain everything in detail for the beginners like me. Before reading this I didnt even understand a lot of mechanics.

I tried to follow "akane's" build when I first saw it. But ofc I think I failed miserably because i didn't have that agnostic keystone. After reading your guide, I realized that and bought it.
Currently I can clear A5 t16 maps. But I couldn't even do sirus A0.

Can you guys please checkout my build and guide me on some improvements. I want to understand how to improve a build so I can have better time next league.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/bloodfish5/characters?characterName=EthicalRap
First thing I noticed is you haven't followed the build exactly. You have different skills and gem set ups. I too had problems, and it was also because I had unwittingly not followed the build guide exactly. Make sure you get a trigger a socketed skill weapon using the link in the guide under weapon section for POEtrade and put the right skill gems in there.

From your characters POB it shows you have 2.2k life, and 4800 mana. Prioritize life and mana jewels to get above 2.5k life and 5k mana, it will help a ton. I had 2.7k life and 5k mana for Awakener 8, as well as capped resists, and I had to avoid most things to get him down, it still wasn't enough life or mana to face tank beams. Also in my experience, liquid inspiration was the biggest buff to this build. Remember max mana and increased mana recovery also equates to increased life recovery. Try to get it on your second cluster jewel so you have 2 of them. I wish I could figure out a way to get 3 of those Liquid Inspiration nodes.

You are also missing a jewel socket, right above Herbalism. Outside of the uniques, jewel sockets really make this build.

I hope this helps, and hopefully someone even more experienced than me can set you right if this doesn't.
Last edited by pvb32978 on Jun 2, 2020, 12:38:35 AM
"
pvb32978 wrote:
First thing I noticed is you haven't followed the build exactly. You have different skills and gem set ups. I too had problems, and it was also because I had unwittingly not followed the build guide exactly. Make sure you get a trigger a socketed skill weapon using the link in the guide under weapon section for POEtrade and put the right skill gems in there.

From your characters POB it shows you have 2.2k life, and 4800 mana. Prioritize life and mana jewels to get above 2.5k life and 5k mana, it will help a ton. I had 2.7k life and 5k mana for Awakener 8, as well as capped resists, and I had to avoid most things to get him down, it still wasn't enough life or mana to face tank beams. Also in my experience, liquid inspiration was the biggest buff to this build. Remember max mana and increased mana recovery also equates to increased life recovery. Try to get it on your second cluster jewel so you have 2 of them. I wish I could figure out a way to get 3 of those Liquid Inspiration nodes.

You are also missing a jewel socket, right above Herbalism. Outside of the uniques, jewel sockets really make this build.

I hope this helps, and hopefully someone even more experienced than me can set you right if this doesn't.

Thank you man. Really...
As I said I was following "akane" at first. That's why I dont have "EXACT" build. But I am slowly trying to transition to it. Thank you for pointing out jewel socket. I didn't even realize.
I will try to get the other medium jewel with liquid inspiration asap. But the thing with mana and life is: I have resistance problem... If I were to try to get max res without some jewels I fail miserably. That's why I have %35 fire res on my weapon... seriously. I know it's weak :( but that weapon has 2 affix left! I want to craft "3 crafted mods" to that weapon ^^

I am ofc waiting for OP's opinion too. But thank you sincerely!
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
8.0 Additional Information
Spoiler

> Playstyle
Spoiler

Playstyle is very straight forward, hold down the D key, throw your mines then blast through everything. You can piano flask all the time, keep your mana up at all times and use arcane cloak as often as possible.

On bosses this is what you want to do in order
Preload all of your mines
When the boss is almost active, activate righteous fire and vaal righteous fire, use arcane cloak then throw bear trap then activate all of your flask
then detonate all the mines when the boss comes live, should be able to 1 shot them if you manage to do this properly

Arcane cloak increases your damage by a lot, do use this often!

> Boss Fight Tips
Spoiler

Sirus tip
- When the fight starts, he will say "What's this? A challenge.. bla bla bla", during that time throw a bunch of mines under his feet, then detonate it when he becomes damageable, do make sure to use arcane cloak during this time
- On the first 3 phase, repeat the same thing, do be aware of the carpet bombing where his statue fires at, that is the only thing we can die from in the fight (ofc we also die to the storm so beware)
- Some of the ground degen hurts so you don't want to step on it for too long
- When he enter the final phase, he will gain 3 extra abilities,
> Empowered Die Beam
> Spinning beam
> Clone beam
He will teleport more often during this fight so you have to adapt on it.
- Empowered Die beam can be easily tanked as you can see on above
- Spinning beam slow can't be negated, so avoid getting hit by it
- On the clone beam, he will summon a bunch of clones then goes something like "Feel the thrill of the void", when he almost says the word "of the void" activate your Arcane cloak and your mana flask and shock immune flask, you will 100% survive the hit.

Do not attempt to facetank the meteor slam!!! This is because it is a waste of time waiting when we have 200% movement speed, when he crits you are likely to die because our build have barely any physical mitigations

9.0 QnA
Spoiler

"

Q: I face problems with survivability, what should I do?

A : My first question is, did you follow the build guide entirely and didn't threw your spin on it? (As in taking certain skill tree nodes by yourself, swap out certain stuff, cheap out in some ways like jewels etc).

Jewels are important part of the build as they cap your resistances. If you do not have capped resistance, you take 4% increased damage for each 1% you are missing. For example if you have 50% fire resistance, you take double the fire damage of someone who have 75% fire resistance! (100% increased fire damage taken!).

DO NOT RELY ON FLASK TO CAP YOUR RESISTANCE as they are insanely inconsistent and you can't guarantee you'd always press it do you.

If you follow the build guide exactly, here is my second question for you.
Did you use Arcane Cloak & Vigilant Strike often? Spam flask often? Those are quite mandatory on your defenses so you are suggested to always have Arcane Cloak and your flasks up.

Note : VIGILANT STRIKE is EXTREMELY important as sometimes it can determine you survive it or not. Though it is something that we don't really use it often, but whenever you saw a huge wave of monsters or Kosis / Omniphobia (delirium bosses), you are suggested to use vilgant strike and keep your fortify up as long as possible as fortify is a huge part of your defenses.

Most people tend to struggle on this build is only due to cheaping out in some ways (especially jewel parts) as they are quite mandatory on your defenses and can be expensive. You would really want a lot of mana (minimum 4.5k mana) in order to have some decent survivability. Even you have lower than 4.5k mana, you will rarely get one shotted, mostly is due to your positioning, attempts on facetank bosses with dangerous map mods (the only way to get one shotted).
Also don't tank shaper balls as they have penetration (same goes to atziri's Flameblast) which could be very dangerous to our build.

Hi everyone. Thank you sm for making this build, it is good! But one question, there are some skills like Blade Blast, Elemental Weakness, where we must to use them? Or if we mustn't, so why we need these gems(or skills)? Please answer, I need your help! And again, thanks a lot for this build.
"
bloodfish5 wrote:

Thank you man. Really...
As I said I was following "akane" at first. That's why I dont have "EXACT" build. But I am slowly trying to transition to it. Thank you for pointing out jewel socket. I didn't even realize.
I will try to get the other medium jewel with liquid inspiration asap. But the thing with mana and life is: I have resistance problem... If I were to try to get max res without some jewels I fail miserably. That's why I have %35 fire res on my weapon... seriously. I know it's weak :( but that weapon has 2 affix left! I want to craft "3 crafted mods" to that weapon ^^

I am ofc waiting for OP's opinion too. But thank you sincerely!

I quickly looked through your character on PoB and here are some problems

1. Lack of life
Your life is too low, with 50% MoM your life is only 4672, which makes you vulnerable to one shots. What you are lacking on is increase life, you need to take Blood Drinker near the shadow starting area.

2. cwdt setup
The reason why we don't use any cwdt setup is because we rarely take damage because of our dodge. WoC setup is a debuff for bosses / tanky monsters, usually when they hit insanely hard, so it makes your WoC setup kinda useless. Also you have 2 curse setup, which means one of them will be useless due to your curse limit is at 1.

3. Arcane cloak with increased duration is quite important, as you get to spend more mana for more damage and defense, and Vigilant Strike without ancestral call means you have to get very close to the monsters just to get Fortify, which is not that great.

That's the general error for your build atm
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Rarestriker wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
8.0 Additional Information
Spoiler

> Playstyle
Spoiler

Playstyle is very straight forward, hold down the D key, throw your mines then blast through everything. You can piano flask all the time, keep your mana up at all times and use arcane cloak as often as possible.

On bosses this is what you want to do in order
Preload all of your mines
When the boss is almost active, activate righteous fire and vaal righteous fire, use arcane cloak then throw bear trap then activate all of your flask
then detonate all the mines when the boss comes live, should be able to 1 shot them if you manage to do this properly

Arcane cloak increases your damage by a lot, do use this often!

> Boss Fight Tips
Spoiler

Sirus tip
- When the fight starts, he will say "What's this? A challenge.. bla bla bla", during that time throw a bunch of mines under his feet, then detonate it when he becomes damageable, do make sure to use arcane cloak during this time
- On the first 3 phase, repeat the same thing, do be aware of the carpet bombing where his statue fires at, that is the only thing we can die from in the fight (ofc we also die to the storm so beware)
- Some of the ground degen hurts so you don't want to step on it for too long
- When he enter the final phase, he will gain 3 extra abilities,
> Empowered Die Beam
> Spinning beam
> Clone beam
He will teleport more often during this fight so you have to adapt on it.
- Empowered Die beam can be easily tanked as you can see on above
- Spinning beam slow can't be negated, so avoid getting hit by it
- On the clone beam, he will summon a bunch of clones then goes something like "Feel the thrill of the void", when he almost says the word "of the void" activate your Arcane cloak and your mana flask and shock immune flask, you will 100% survive the hit.

Do not attempt to facetank the meteor slam!!! This is because it is a waste of time waiting when we have 200% movement speed, when he crits you are likely to die because our build have barely any physical mitigations

9.0 QnA
Spoiler

"

Q: I face problems with survivability, what should I do?

A : My first question is, did you follow the build guide entirely and didn't threw your spin on it? (As in taking certain skill tree nodes by yourself, swap out certain stuff, cheap out in some ways like jewels etc).

Jewels are important part of the build as they cap your resistances. If you do not have capped resistance, you take 4% increased damage for each 1% you are missing. For example if you have 50% fire resistance, you take double the fire damage of someone who have 75% fire resistance! (100% increased fire damage taken!).

DO NOT RELY ON FLASK TO CAP YOUR RESISTANCE as they are insanely inconsistent and you can't guarantee you'd always press it do you.

If you follow the build guide exactly, here is my second question for you.
Did you use Arcane Cloak & Vigilant Strike often? Spam flask often? Those are quite mandatory on your defenses so you are suggested to always have Arcane Cloak and your flasks up.

Note : VIGILANT STRIKE is EXTREMELY important as sometimes it can determine you survive it or not. Though it is something that we don't really use it often, but whenever you saw a huge wave of monsters or Kosis / Omniphobia (delirium bosses), you are suggested to use vilgant strike and keep your fortify up as long as possible as fortify is a huge part of your defenses.

Most people tend to struggle on this build is only due to cheaping out in some ways (especially jewel parts) as they are quite mandatory on your defenses and can be expensive. You would really want a lot of mana (minimum 4.5k mana) in order to have some decent survivability. Even you have lower than 4.5k mana, you will rarely get one shotted, mostly is due to your positioning, attempts on facetank bosses with dangerous map mods (the only way to get one shotted).
Also don't tank shaper balls as they have penetration (same goes to atziri's Flameblast) which could be very dangerous to our build.

Hi everyone. Thank you sm for making this build, it is good! But one question, there are some skills like Blade Blast, Elemental Weakness, where we must to use them? Or if we mustn't, so why we need these gems(or skills)? Please answer, I need your help! And again, thanks a lot for this build.

You put it on a weapon with the craft "Trigger socket spell when you used a skill", it will trigger 3 of the gems with you throw a mine.

I've covered this in the gear > weapon section and the gem link section, explaining what, how and why.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
So next league the agnostic will be a keystone in the tree. That's interesting.

So you can now combine it with "divine flesh" from a timeless jewel and get chaos res. Altough I don't know if the inversion in chaos resistance is worth it.
Last edited by haitike on Jun 4, 2020, 4:08:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info