[3.10] Heraldry Cluster Guardian - 9k Es | 90% all res | 75% block | 10M+ boss dps

"
HavokRage wrote:
Hello everyone! Checking in to get a hand on where to progress next to feel a bit more defensive, any other optimizations and suggestions appreciated.
Honestly, I don't have much for you. You're doing all the right things already.

I'd probably drop the Rotgut.

for simalucrum runs, where you don't need much speed.
for when you're mapping and speed > raw DPS output
for mapping with temp chains

I'd probably drop Radiant Crusade for Harmony of Purpose, which should open up the jewel socket you are using for Unnatural Instinct. I just can't justify the Radiant Crusade / Unnatural Instinct combo at 22ex when you can get the same effect from a Cinderswallow and Harmony of Purpose at a cost of 1ex. Plus I figure you get a much larger DPS boost and likely about the same in ES from a ES + 3 mod damage jewel. Fair warning: I haven't actually run the math on that, so take that advice for what it's worth. :D
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on May 25, 2020, 12:38:25 AM
How to increase chaos resistance without presence of chayula?

Have -60 without flasks-
"
Axis495 wrote:

Have -60 without flasks-

Strange question. The same way you normally do when you can't pick some up on the tree, by getting it on gear including jewels.
"
Axis495 wrote:

Have -60 without flasks-
Chaos resist on amulet and belt.

However.

I've been running with just the Atziri's Promise flask for chaos resist while grinding level 95-99. I've died twice in that entire time. I'm reasonably certain neither of those was due to chaos damage, and even if it was, twice in that amount of XP gain is acceptable as far an I'm concerned.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Axis495 wrote:

Have -60 without flasks-
Chaos resist on amulet and belt.

However.

I've been running with just the Atziri's Promise flask for chaos resist while grinding level 95-99. I've died twice in that entire time. I'm reasonably certain neither of those was due to chaos damage, and even if it was, twice in that amount of XP gain is acceptable as far an I'm concerned.

I've not really bothered either with no noticeable issues.
"
Dismissals wrote:
Thank you to everyone who posted here and helped me put together my build! As I am quitting the league now, I wanted to share the end result of me min-maxing my herald stacker. I ended up playing the Vaal Arc version of this build. I had the most fun I've ever had in POE with this build.

My POB: https://pastebin.com/2k9atLW2

The End Results
ES: 6795
Life: 200/1,668
Mana: 105/1,353

DPS in POB

MAX Buff:620m DPS
Realistic: 395m DPS

I could have easily got more ES but I found the build so tanky and immortal that I didn't need it, despite leveling purely through simulacrums.

Gear: Total cost including gems/jewels/gear: ~1000ex
Spoiler
I'm curious on what other people think would upgrade best but off the top of my head, corruption on helm, ele vuln on gloves or non Malig and stacking Crit multi, better boots, explody Neb, double aura rings would all be upgrade.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Jewels:
Spoiler

I ran 9 Endbringer/Purposeful Harbinger Cluster Jewels on 5 passive voices, which I found to be an insane DPS boost vs Heraldry/Purposeful Harb. With my set-up at least one of these Endbringer/Purposeful Harbingers had to have 1% Mana reservation on it.

For the rest of my Jewels, I needed 9 reduced mana reservation corruptions
Spoiler

The Might of the Meek jewel also gave me an additional 2% Mana reservation on the node. You could get a better jewel here if you had more 1% Mana Endbringer/Purposful Harb cluster jewels.

Others
Spoiler

Corrupted Blood Corruption and Split personality to add lots of ES. Watcher's Eye could have been quite a bit better but this one did add a significant damage boost in my POB.

Thanks again to Foridesign for starting this guild. I'm curious to hear your guy's thoughts on potential upgrades. If anyone has any questions on their build also, feel free to message me

I am extremely puzzled how that is ~1000ex. My gear probably costed around 300ex-350ex (ignore 3 passive voices as I found those two, it was finding the 1st one that got me into this build!)

Is that purely because of the damage focus? Still not seeing it.

My damage is nowhere near 600million DPS but it is still high enough to kill UberElder/Sirus/Shaper/Elder in under 30seconds if you ignore the phased sections & immune sections. Furhtermore this version of the build is stupidly tanky, nothing touches it (unless you step on the temporal anomaly and are effectively frozen, then you get hit).

Eitherway still puzzled.

My experiences with the build so far are:
Using a rare amulet with mana mod/vitality made the character feel really squishy compared to using Presence of the Chayula.
Using Headhunter did make mapping quicker and in some cases more fun (mainly with Legion monoliths...insane instant boosts there) but beyond that nothing changed, so didnt see the 105ex value - sold.
Shavron's duration gem chest added a small DPS boost, wasnt really noticable but every little helps i guess.
Maintaining 155 Strength is the worst for this build. Had to use a passive point in the end which is a huge shame.
Running Aspect of Avian is amazing boost, speed and double damage chance.
having +3 Aura gems & Empower in helmet with Discipline was insane. 9.2k ES now - that added at least 1.3k ES.
Socketing Empower, Righeous Fire and Grace was extremely hard. Need a heck of a lock of mana reserve gems (which is majority of the cost of the build) and unique corrupted items.
Had to spend a passive point on Thrill Seeker just to get 100+ unreserved mana which is makes Vaal Haste usable again.
Righteous Fire does add a lot of damage boost but it is not needed. I still forget to switch it on in maps alot of the time.

Still chasing Maligaro's Virtuosity gloves corruption. So far still no temple, over 15 temples now (not entirely sure of the count, it was 54 dailies + new dailies obtained by mapping and by day reset). Bought a corruption altar for 2ex to get the gloves i got.

Once obtained will try corrupting the boots. Once that is obtained...nothing else really, I am not touching that helmet for fear of bricking it, it adds so much ES it is too good to risk.

Simulacrum is the way to go, ignoring the Voices drops, i get at least 3ex back (drops/trades) every single simulacrum.

Mapping this league is nutty, always get at least 1ex raw drop per 10-15 maps. most leagues i get maybe 15ex in raw drops entire league but this league i have easily got 80+ in raw drops. Could be due to playing more as a result of lockdown.

Sirus has been aweful with respect to drops. Think iam on 5th kill without a gem drop.
Elder/Uber Elder has provided at least 100+ex in dropped watcher's eye. Selling UNID at 3ex/11ex a pop.

Anyway those are my experienced and currency sources. Iam sure everyone is doing the same, but like i said ages ago, this is the first time I have ever levelled to 100 (usually stop at 94-95) and obviously more play compared to previous non-lockdown leagues.

Any questions PM me, always happy to help others do their builds. This one was very tricky to get just right.

Hell everyone!

Apologies if I've missed an answer to this question on the previous pages.

I'm having issues sustaining mana.

I have about 180 unreserved mana and one EK cast costs 59 mana. I have a lvl 18 vaal clarity atm.

I can't really play like this and it's making me loose interest whilst the build is poppin off :(.

Anyone mind having a look and make some recommendations if any? Character name is DontTellMommyImAboss.

Thanks ahead!!
"
Mentalmike wrote:
"
Dismissals wrote:
Thank you to everyone who posted here and helped me put together my build! As I am quitting the league now, I wanted to share the end result of me min-maxing my herald stacker. I ended up playing the Vaal Arc version of this build. I had the most fun I've ever had in POE with this build.

My POB: https://pastebin.com/2k9atLW2

The End Results
ES: 6795
Life: 200/1,668
Mana: 105/1,353

DPS in POB

MAX Buff:620m DPS
Realistic: 395m DPS

I could have easily got more ES but I found the build so tanky and immortal that I didn't need it, despite leveling purely through simulacrums.

Gear: Total cost including gems/jewels/gear: ~1000ex
Spoiler
I'm curious on what other people think would upgrade best but off the top of my head, corruption on helm, ele vuln on gloves or non Malig and stacking Crit multi, better boots, explody Neb, double aura rings would all be upgrade.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Jewels:
Spoiler

I ran 9 Endbringer/Purposeful Harbinger Cluster Jewels on 5 passive voices, which I found to be an insane DPS boost vs Heraldry/Purposeful Harb. With my set-up at least one of these Endbringer/Purposeful Harbingers had to have 1% Mana reservation on it.

For the rest of my Jewels, I needed 9 reduced mana reservation corruptions
Spoiler

The Might of the Meek jewel also gave me an additional 2% Mana reservation on the node. You could get a better jewel here if you had more 1% Mana Endbringer/Purposful Harb cluster jewels.

Others
Spoiler

Corrupted Blood Corruption and Split personality to add lots of ES. Watcher's Eye could have been quite a bit better but this one did add a significant damage boost in my POB.

Thanks again to Foridesign for starting this guild. I'm curious to hear your guy's thoughts on potential upgrades. If anyone has any questions on their build also, feel free to message me

I am extremely puzzled how that is ~1000ex. My gear probably costed around 300ex-350ex (ignore 3 passive voices as I found those two, it was finding the 1st one that got me into this build!)

Is that purely because of the damage focus? Still not seeing it.

My damage is nowhere near 600million DPS but it is still high enough to kill UberElder/Sirus/Shaper/Elder in under 30seconds if you ignore the phased sections & immune sections. Furhtermore this version of the build is stupidly tanky, nothing touches it (unless you step on the temporal anomaly and are effectively frozen, then you get hit).

Eitherway still puzzled.

My experiences with the build so far are:
Using a rare amulet with mana mod/vitality made the character feel really squishy compared to using Presence of the Chayula.
Using Headhunter did make mapping quicker and in some cases more fun (mainly with Legion monoliths...insane instant boosts there) but beyond that nothing changed, so didnt see the 105ex value - sold.
Shavron's duration gem chest added a small DPS boost, wasnt really noticable but every little helps i guess.
Maintaining 155 Strength is the worst for this build. Had to use a passive point in the end which is a huge shame.
Running Aspect of Avian is amazing boost, speed and double damage chance.
having +3 Aura gems & Empower in helmet with Discipline was insane. 9.2k ES now - that added at least 1.3k ES.
Socketing Empower, Righeous Fire and Grace was extremely hard. Need a heck of a lock of mana reserve gems (which is majority of the cost of the build) and unique corrupted items.
Had to spend a passive point on Thrill Seeker just to get 100+ unreserved mana which is makes Vaal Haste usable again.
Righteous Fire does add a lot of damage boost but it is not needed. I still forget to switch it on in maps alot of the time.

Still chasing Maligaro's Virtuosity gloves corruption. So far still no temple, over 15 temples now (not entirely sure of the count, it was 54 dailies + new dailies obtained by mapping and by day reset). Bought a corruption altar for 2ex to get the gloves i got.

Once obtained will try corrupting the boots. Once that is obtained...nothing else really, I am not touching that helmet for fear of bricking it, it adds so much ES it is too good to risk.

Simulacrum is the way to go, ignoring the Voices drops, i get at least 3ex back (drops/trades) every single simulacrum.

Mapping this league is nutty, always get at least 1ex raw drop per 10-15 maps. most leagues i get maybe 15ex in raw drops entire league but this league i have easily got 80+ in raw drops. Could be due to playing more as a result of lockdown.

Sirus has been aweful with respect to drops. Think iam on 5th kill without a gem drop.
Elder/Uber Elder has provided at least 100+ex in dropped watcher's eye. Selling UNID at 3ex/11ex a pop.

Anyway those are my experienced and currency sources. Iam sure everyone is doing the same, but like i said ages ago, this is the first time I have ever levelled to 100 (usually stop at 94-95) and obviously more play compared to previous non-lockdown leagues.

Any questions PM me, always happy to help others do their builds. This one was very tricky to get just right.

Interesting choices with your gearing. Your helm is definitely spicy and I do like the direction you took with the presence corruption and juiced discipline shenanigans.

Very different from my direction, im slightly regretting not fully min/max my build a little more. I maybe did my traditional stack deck end of league gamble abit early.

I agree the 1000ex is abit puzzling.
Last edited by facelessman122 on May 25, 2020, 9:05:17 AM
I don't know what to do...
I've spend over 25ex into this build and I can't even run T12 maps...

Can someone look at my character and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
"
iknownoob wrote:
I don't know what to do...
I've spend over 25ex into this build and I can't even run T12 maps...

Can someone look at my character and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

From what I can see your level is quite low and your gear is quite basic. Personally I feel the non crit DI route is massively inferior to crit arc/ek.

General advice.
Upgrade your amulet to either presence or rmr rare with champion of the cause.
Switch to bated breath with catalysts.
Level up more
Free up more sockets to run more auras, combined with more rmr from whereever you can.
Your gem setup seems really scuffed.
Your heralds shouldn't cost much with heraldry why are they linked to enlighten?
discipline should really be in your alphas for the +lvls
Not taking unwavering faith is a MASSIVE mistake.
Look into a split personality jewel for some missing mainstat when you have the free sockets.

I'm on mobile so can see much, I'm sure others will chip in.

Ballsy choice for a first build. How did your gear cost over 25ex?

Last edited by facelessman122 on May 25, 2020, 9:07:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info