[3.10] Heraldry Cluster Guardian - 9k Es | 90% all res | 75% block | 10M+ boss dps

"
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
But I don't have points to travel to those nodes nor do I have the currency to free up those points, that's the issue. Should I get rid of the interrogation and spend those points on ES nodes? Or are my next upgrades 5-passive jewels?
There's a bunch of stuff that can be improved super cheap.

First. Drop Vitality. It's a great add-on aura for later on, especially after you can drop a bunch of exalts on an amulet that grants the skill without requiring the strength that the gem does. Right now, it's not helping enough to justify.

When you can afford it, drop that dusk prism small cluster. It's not a great way to get the strength you need, it costs too much in the way of skill points. You could replace 3 skill points for that with ONE by picking Might or Physique.

I'd drop the helmet and belt for the suggested starter gear of an Alpha's Howl and Bated Breath. You can reroll your Quicksilver flask for something else at this point because Alpha's takes care of freeze.

You should be able to drop the Enlighten as well at this point.

Now you have 2 extra gem sockets. Vaal Righteous Fire and Smite. With those gear replacements, your current tree and gems, PoB puts you at 3.8 million DPS. (Which is another thing - if you replace Controlled Destruction with Energy Leech, you would be at 3.9, and get the benefit of leeching ES basically all the time...)

Ahem. Back to VFR and Smite. You should be able to sustain RF all the time, which boosts your DPS to 5.3 million. Tapping Smite boosts that to 10.0. Adding in VRF pushes that to 12.8.

This setup will give you a massive DPS boost all the time, and burst damage goes up by triple. (Using ES Leech gem instead of CD pushes that burst damage to 13, btw.)

Furthermore, with this setup, you don't need so many Heraldry cluster jewels, so when you get some currency, you can pick up some more damage by fitting 1-2 Endbringers or maybe go with one and a Replenishing Presence for better ES regen.

PS: None of the advice from the rest of the guys is bad in any way either. There's a lot of headroom available on your setup, so it's only going to get better from here.

PPS: Send me a message in game if I'm on, I'll shoot you some chaos. Chances are my next upgrade - if I even bother - is going to be very expensive, so I doubt a few dozen chaos will have any effect on my bank.

I've farmed up some chaos by now, but thanks for the offer :)

Dusk prism isn't for the strength, it's for the Pure Might notable, which allows me to use PoF.

Should I be using Smite instead of Arc? I'm having a blast with my setup as-is, I'm just struggling a bit on Sirus, which is mostly because I don't know the fight that well and partially because 6.3k ES ends up being pretty unforgiving at higher difficulties of Sirus.

I looked into upgrading to an amulet with Vitality and Mana reserved, I think I'm gonna spend time farming up to that upgrade (I'm 1/3 of the way there)

Smite is used with arc not instead. The issue is normally fitting it in due to lack of sockets.
Thanks!

I made the changes as suggested (Alpha's, drop enlighten and vitality, use VRF and smite) and it's playing pretty smoothly. Now it's saving up to get a Vitality and -mana reserved amulet... Would Discipline or Haste on the amulet be as good?
Last edited by Michael_Rock on May 21, 2020, 12:19:33 PM
"
Thanks!

I made the changes as suggested (Alpha's, drop enlighten and vitality, use VRF and smite) and it's playing pretty smoothly. Now it's saving up to get a Vitality and -mana reserved amulet... Would Discipline or Haste on the amulet be as good?

You want vitality, haste means no vaal haste and caps the lvl. (26 is just a bug, it's lvl 22 vit)
Hi, can someone suggest the best pantheon choose for simulacrum?

i'm using the arc version

thanks
"
Scappotto wrote:

thanks
Depends.

If you are using a Presence of Chayula amulet, Arakaali / Shakari to cut down on chaos damage. Some folks like Solaris / Lunaris with the Chayula setup as well, feel free to use whatever you like most.

If you are using a rare amulet and have problems with stun, Brine King. If stun doesn't affect you (usually because everything dies instantly around you) stick with Arakaali.

If you need reflect immunity, swap in one or two
and swap your minor over to Yugul. This will be a massive nerf to your DPS output, but you'll still deal enough to kill Uber Atziri, or T16 map bosses with reflect. Just make sure you get the ring on the right hand!
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Thanks!

vit is best. haste= no vaal haste and disc= no vaal disc and also cant juice up the gem level with corruption implicits.

also to the person asking earlier, i found +1 frenzy maligaros were pretty cheap (especially compared to ele weakness on hit etc) and an extra frenzy is a nice little dps boost
Last edited by yoloqueen on May 21, 2020, 6:31:08 PM
the reason why most people choose vit on amulet is due to strength requirement. this build has low str
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Scappotto wrote:

thanks
Depends.

If you are using a Presence of Chayula amulet, Arakaali / Shakari to cut down on chaos damage. Some folks like Solaris / Lunaris with the Chayula setup as well, feel free to use whatever you like most.

If you are using a rare amulet and have problems with stun, Brine King. If stun doesn't affect you (usually because everything dies instantly around you) stick with Arakaali.

and swap your minor over to Yugul. This will be a massive nerf to your DPS output, but you'll still deal enough to kill Uber Atziri, or T16 map bosses with reflect. Just make sure you get the ring on the right hand!

Thanks for the help, i'm using presence of chayula, so in simulacrum there is a big part of chaos damage?
I'm using also Rumi's conc, lunaris & tukohama, and my phys reduction with flask, and stationary in hideout goes to 90%, but if there is more chaos damage in simulacrum, i should use Arakaali / Shakari
"
Scappotto wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Scappotto wrote:

thanks
Depends.

Thanks for the help, i'm using presence of chayula, so in simulacrum there is a big part of chaos damage?
I'm using also Rumi's conc, lunaris & tukohama, and my phys reduction with flask, and stationary in hideout goes to 90%, but if there is more chaos damage in simulacrum, i should use Arakaali / Shakari

You should already be at 90% phys damage reduction without any pantheon modifiers. Mine is 90% in hideout with zero flasks running, and I'm using Arakaali / Shakari.

If your phys reduction is similar, Tukohama becomes questionable. Lunaris is worthwhile just for the avoid projectiles / dodge / chain avoidance. In your case, I'd be really tempted to use Ralakesh for the blind / maim immunity.

I don't think the Simulacrum runs any more chaos damage than anything else. Among other things, I didn't notice it being any harder to survive when I dropped the Presence of Chayula for a rare amulet, my Chaos resist went way down and I still have no problems.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
There is a fairly nasty extra damage as chaos mod that is pretty common. killing everything quick means I don't notice it but it was more of an issue when I self cast arc.

I havn't bothered with chaos res at all other than a tiny bit on my weapon and poison immunity to avoid the dot.
Last edited by facelessman122 on May 22, 2020, 5:14:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info