3.10.1 Patch Notes

"
For the people who can't play the game at all anymore due to lag/fps drops/stuttering and stuff:

You can actually set certain sounds in your production_config file to false, this increases the performance a fk ton (sorry sound people, i love your work but the game issnt playable for me without this fix anymore).

For me the game went from unplayable to smooth af (never was necessary for me before this league), just make sure you keep your loot filter sounds active. There is a reddit thread as well as a youtube guide by CuteDog_ about this.

OMG, wow thanks, it actually works!! I NEVER had any serious FPS issues with this game where it became unbearable until this f** ing patch. Its annoying cuz it feels so unprofessional and sloppy. It was a hurricane until i applied this fix (i just put channels to low and disabled (made false) the ambiance and dialog.

i was getting SUPER slow loading of textures in the start of maps and that is 100% gone cuz this fix. Still getting FPS drops but not as bad after the "fix"

To me , this feels sad that some random people online are finding actual NOTABLE fixes with issues that devs should be finding.. i had the highest respect for this game and staff but as of this patch im starting to see alot of messiness and unprofessionalism. more order guys please.. i would even say get actual players to test these performance patches before live release or some ish. Maybe have a "test servers" area, where these patches are put on there first and blah blah.... thanks again guy for this fix
"
Kiyy wrote:
For the people who can't play the game at all anymore due to lag/fps drops/stuttering and stuff:

You can actually set certain sounds in your production_config file to false, this increases the performance a fk ton (sorry sound people, i love your work but the game issnt playable for me without this fix anymore).

For me the game went from unplayable to smooth af (never was necessary for me before this league), just make sure you keep your loot filter sounds active. There is a reddit thread as well as a youtube guide by CuteDog_ about this.

I would also like to give a BIG thank you to this tip. I had enabled my sounds this league since I thought I can handle it but doing so made this patch worse. Reverting it back to FALSE solves a lot of things again. I guess now I'm just going to YouTube the cool music in the game.
Last edited by lyndoff on Mar 27, 2020, 9:52:09 AM
Oh boi my zdps build can do veritana again without being permanently AoE frozen by the damn trails, thanks!
Cool changes but the random 3-second lag spikes that don't get registered in the performance statistics as ping time or frame time are still completely awful.

"
lyndoff wrote:
"
Kiyy wrote:

I would also like to give a BIG thank you to this tip. I had enabled my sounds this league since I thought I can handle it but doing so made this patch worse. Reverting it back to FALSE solves a lot of things again. I guess now I'm just going to YouTube the cool music in the game.

It's great that this is helping people but it's not helping me. I've tried this, and also lowering my graphical settings (I have a pretty beefy GPU), and nothing works. It's not even an "every ten seconds" type of overly common thing, and it's not even strongly correlated with tons of action on screen.

Just, every 2~3 minutes or so, I'll have a 1 second spike where my screen doesn't move, followed by a 2 second spike where my inputs are ignored, which results in total in a 3 second spike where I am a sitting duck and can randomly die. Again, when I have the performance statistics on screen, neither my frame time nor latency have any kind of graphical spike. And most importantly, this never happened to me in past leagues.

I don't die that often, as most commonly, it overlaps with a time that either I'm spinning in a pack of melee monsters (cyclone safety) or I'm literally just not in a densely packed area at all. But sometimes, maybe once every half hour, it catches me when I'm surrounded by ranged monsters and can't move and I just die.
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 27, 2020, 10:37:56 AM
thanks for everything, new player but LOVE the game !! lord bless the theory crafters haha
"
b44dss wrote:
pre patch was kinda okay to play - post patch horrible performance

1080ti

I do not have a single other game that makes problems. Stop asking for peoples DXDIAG data and fix your game.

I do not say "thank you" since those changes to the visuals should have been in the patch before you released the league. If you would have played it ONLY ONCE, you would have gotten the idea that you die randomly without knowing whats going on.

This is the 110% proof that GGG does not test things under realistic circumstances. You cannot be serious if you believe something else.

i'm running 6900k with a 1080 and don't get much problems except the lag spike here and there but i put that down to me having 5000 minions on screen hahaha
Changing the production_config did nothing for me, becasue the issues are server related.
Just got home from work and tried launching game.

EVERYTHING freezes every 3-5 seconds and getting massive latency spikes. Even my force move stops and I have to press it again to keep moving.
I tested my connection to make sure no issues there so this is all client side.

Tried all options nothing changes the stuttering and game crashed when I changed texture quality.
Game was smooth ish for me last night before patch dropped...
Crazy FPS spikes and freezes after patch. Died in simulacrum because on one of the waves it froze for like 5 seconds - and it's such a small map too.
Do you even test the patches? Please hire more guys to the CI team.
Last edited by alex_disp on Mar 27, 2020, 11:21:56 AM
Joueur français.
Avant patch jouable.
Après patch suicidaire.
Donc j attends un nouveau patch...avant de m y remettre.
Pour les joueurs hard core...good Luck

Luciano

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info