3.10.1 Patch Notes

After this patch does not start the game. Game crash during the cogs animation. Win10, Nvidia 1060, not steam client
After reinstall, game start again correctly
Last edited by San398 on Mar 28, 2020, 2:13:45 AM
A few examples of the issues with the game since the patch update yesterday

This is what I see in between maps, Hard to keep mapping consistently with this
Last edited by Br00ksy on Mar 27, 2020, 5:46:54 PM
On some (not all) maps the latency is unbearable - up to 1.8 SECONDS! If you spread map sessions around servers you either have a faulty server among the lot or the spread mechanism is faulty. It was bad the last days but at the time I post this it has become unplayable.

No issues so far in delves or the normal campaign areas - just some maps.
"
Mark__75 wrote:
But what developers are mainly focused? Well: the Heartseeker Armour Set, The Heartseeker Wings, Heartseeker Weapon, Portal and Character Effect, The Sawblade Bundle and the Illusionist Bundle, The Balefire Armour Set, Balefire Back Attachment, Balefire Portal Effect, Balefire Aura Effect, The Delirium Brimmed Hat and the Ghostflame Kinetic Bolt... MTX, MTX, and more MTX.

I am not sure about this game but usually the things you mention are done by graphic designers or "visual artists" and not by developers. So these guys usually work in parallel and no development time is cut off to design new armour or similar things.
Is this actually working? Because I see no performance boost.

"
Adjusted CPU core usage for processors with fewer cores. This should result in reduced CPU usage and a more responsive game experience.
"
HtFde wrote:

I am not sure about this game but usually the things you mention are done by graphic designers or "visual artists" and not by developers. So these guys usually work in parallel and no development time is cut off to design new armour or similar things.

Wiki:
"A game developer can range from one person who undertakes all tasks to a large business with employee responsibilities split between individual disciplines, such as programming, design, art, testing, etc. Most game development companies have video game publisher financial and usually marketing support."

This is a GGG management decision to employ more "...graphic designers or "visual artists"" instead more programmers. Graphic designers are usually cheaper than code writers. Good programmers can be very expensive. Highly skilled project manager which is able to manage and coordinate the process is not only expensive - he is priceless. Running beta-servers means costs - why to do that...? People are still playing, aren't they? So... let's have some savings.

GGG business gives $10MLN.+ annual turnover because people are still believing that GGG is small company that needs support and small faults should be forgiven. This approach was acceptable 4-6 years ago, when the PoE project was successfully started and was fresh on the market. Currently PoE is a mature product. GGG should deliver this game in the professional manner. They do not do that because MTX still gives money, despite unstable and not growing players base. This policy will finally kill PoE because new players are usually upset with off-putting, unclear game mechanics, old players get bored with more and more overcomplicated and not really new content, and everyone is upset with bugs making this game not playable (or at least not enjoyable).
There is also another problem - for Chris Wilson releasing a new league every 3 months is crucial (most of us have seen this prelection). He believes that this is essence of GGG business and as long as there will be no serious decrease in MTX sales there will happen nothing. Fixed 3 month schedule means they will release unready content, not tested, not balanced, sometimes not interesting for players. It does not matter - new league means new MTX sales. Once GGG management will realise that they are loosing clients it may be too late to develop a new strategy.

It would be better to release 3 leagues per annum instead of 4 - this will improve quality and will give some time for massive beta-test before official release.
Of course players get bored and every week play less and less people until a new league start. This can be partially mitigated - GGG just needs to create in game weekend events (for league AND for standard) - something on biweekly basis. People may be tempted to log in and to spend few hours, maybe 2 days, maybe more in the game (so this could temporarily boost the MTX sales as league starts do).
Last edited by Mark__75 on Mar 27, 2020, 9:31:00 PM
I just had an Essence of Insanity at the end of my delirium drop out of reach, I have a screenshot to prove it as well. I thought the patch notes said that it fixed that?
"
Maltherious wrote:
I just had an Essence of Insanity at the end of my delirium drop out of reach, I have a screenshot to prove it as well. I thought the patch notes said that it fixed that?

It seems that the only thing that is successfully fixed is a nerf of Harbour Bridge delirium reward.
After this patch, the game has become a lagfest, to the point of being disconnected due to it.

Blight encounters have become especially bad, going from 1k-ish ms latency before, to 2k+, steadily rising as the encounter progresses, always ending in death or disconnect.
Player numbers are plummeting.
Y'all are amazing and do great work.

Game already felt great after first patch, yet you still are making improvements. Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info