[3.11] Spellslinger VD Necromancer. All content. Easy and fast Sirus A8 kill. Wave 20 Simulacrum.

"
EarfwormJim wrote:
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
EarfwormJim wrote:
Looking to craft a shield for this build, any thoughts on the best base? Str for life or int for spell damage? Block shouldn't matter, I think, as you end up block capped anyway. And is 30% quality worth the time? Sorry if these are basic questions, I'm new to crafting.

I preferred an int base for the spell aspects which is a huge dps increase
, shaped is important for the %life on block which is huge QoL

Got it - that's exactly what I was thinking. So, I think the prefixes would then be +1 fire gems and T1 life - then, what's better for the third? % increased fire damage, or fire gained as chaos?

Also, I'm seeing a lot of regen on some items being linked by others. Is this being scaled at all or is it just a QOL thing? Should I be looking for that on items, or are there better mods?

Thanks for the reply and for helping me out! :)

I have no access to POB right now, and it really depends what you get honestly, because rerolling fire mods and having the danger of losing +1 would suck, fire dmg/fire as chaos/spell dmg everything works.

you mean life regen? it's okayish, nothing to focus on. if you do not have a cluster with doryanis lesson (spell dmg leech as life) try to get fire dmg leeched as life on an amulet (temple mod) that helps to sustain life and can face tank a lot with high hp pool
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
"
villajohn wrote:
"
FurtiveGadfly wrote:
When you look at damage in POB, are you all considering the ignite damage at all or just focus on the average hit? I ask because a lot of people are using ele focus, which seems to be a big reduction in damage, when factoring in ignite.

ignite is probably useless, since we are not hitting hard for each hit, just dozens of small hits per second. And given different ignite do not stack with each others, the overall ignite damage is insignificant. I'm using ele focus.

that's true, however sadist is perma up if you can ignite with your Balls ;) and Hypothermia scales better than ele focus, atleast my pob tells me that I have way more dps than with ele focus, but both can be played obv
Last edited by Lyxara on Jul 4, 2020, 4:01:16 AM
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
EarfwormJim wrote:
"
Lyxara wrote:

I preferred an int base for the spell aspects which is a huge dps increase
, shaped is important for the %life on block which is huge QoL

Got it - that's exactly what I was thinking. So, I think the prefixes would then be +1 fire gems and T1 life - then, what's better for the third? % increased fire damage, or fire gained as chaos?

Also, I'm seeing a lot of regen on some items being linked by others. Is this being scaled at all or is it just a QOL thing? Should I be looking for that on items, or are there better mods?

Thanks for the reply and for helping me out! :)

I have no access to POB right now, and it really depends what you get honestly, because rerolling fire mods and having the danger of losing +1 would suck, fire dmg/fire as chaos/spell dmg everything works.

you mean life regen? it's okayish, nothing to focus on. if you do not have a cluster with doryanis lesson (spell dmg leech as life) try to get fire dmg leeched as life on an amulet (temple mod) that helps to sustain life and can face tank a lot with high hp pool

Got it, got it. I will check on POB - I assumed this build might be difficult to calculate DPS for given the nature of how we deal damage with spellslinger, VD, etc - but maybe I am over-complicating it. And I am trying to plan out the item crafting in a similar way to the explode chest, where we guarantee the mods we want. I'll be sure to post again here if I come up with anything. As for the life regen, that's good to know. I believe cluster jewels should come down in cost so hopefully I could get a jewel with doryanis and then would have room on the amulet prefixes for life, fire pen, and +1 gems. This is a really interesting build & as I'm just getting into the crafting side of things, I'm much more looking into the theory rather than the realistic chance that I might get one of these crazy GG items in game.
"
EarfwormJim wrote:

Got it, got it. I will check on POB - I assumed this build might be difficult to calculate DPS for given the nature of how we deal damage with spellslinger, VD, etc - but maybe I am over-complicating it. And I am trying to plan out the item crafting in a similar way to the explode chest, where we guarantee the mods we want. I'll be sure to post again here if I come up with anything. As for the life regen, that's good to know. I believe cluster jewels should come down in cost so hopefully I could get a jewel with doryanis and then would have room on the amulet prefixes for life, fire pen, and +1 gems. This is a really interesting build & as I'm just getting into the crafting side of things, I'm much more looking into the theory rather than the realistic chance that I might get one of these crazy GG items in game.

im not sure if an explode chest outperforms inpulsa tbh, immune to shock is rly nice + the explosion is lightning dmg, which is scaled by ele/spell dmg - explody chest is phys dmg and the value of explosion is a bit lower aswell. I'm a fan of inpulsa personally ;)

crafting gg items is easier this league than ever, just go for it, there is enough remove/add etc out there to take it up a notch ;) still trying to finish this one myself:
I don't have the balls to remove/add fire for a higher fire res roll since I can remove the +1 aswell...so yeah :D basically aiming for t1 life and then let it be :P
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
EarfwormJim wrote:

im not sure if an explode chest outperforms inpulsa tbh, immune to shock is rly nice + the explosion is lightning dmg, which is scaled by ele/spell dmg - explody chest is phys dmg and the value of explosion is a bit lower aswell. I'm a fan of inpulsa personally ;)

crafting gg items is easier this league than ever, just go for it, there is enough remove/add etc out there to take it up a notch ;) still trying to finish this one myself:
I don't have the balls to remove/add fire for a higher fire res roll since I can remove the +1 aswell...so yeah :D basically aiming for t1 life and then let it be :P

Damn! That's crafted with awakener orb, correct? And I would assume +2 to gems is going to give more DPS than +1 and fire penetration. I am going to try to craft the items I decide on once I finish the theorycrafting part - just not going to sell my janky current items quite yet :)
"
EarfwormJim wrote:
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
EarfwormJim wrote:

Damn! That's crafted with awakener orb, correct? And I would assume +2 to gems is going to give more DPS than +1 and fire penetration. I am going to try to craft the items I decide on once I finish the theorycrafting part - just not going to sell my janky current items quite yet :)

I bought a clean base with the +1/+1 and fire res, the rest is crafted and hopefully soon finished :D so thats why I didn't go for the awakener orb craft myself ;)
Last edited by Lyxara on Jul 4, 2020, 4:33:08 AM
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
EarfwormJim wrote:
"
Lyxara wrote:

I bought a clean base with the +1/+1 and fire res, the rest is crafted and hopefully soon finished :D so thats why I didn't go for the awakener orb craft myself ;)

Here's an idea - would you be able to use the "swap fire for lightning res" harvest craft, then reroll it to a T1 lightning? and then you could swap lightning for fire res back?
"
EarfwormJim wrote:

Here's an idea - would you be able to use the "swap fire for lightning res" harvest craft, then reroll it to a T1 lightning? and then you could swap lightning for fire res back?

u're absolutetly right thats a good idea, im missing the craft sadly
Hey guys, my clear is really awesome but i struggle a little against bosses.
Can you advice me on what i should change on my gear ?
I know i have to buy a large cluster jewel for Doryani's lesson and sadist but atm there's nothing to buy on Xbox.

"
XtR HyPnOzZ wrote:
Hey guys, my clear is really awesome but i struggle a little against bosses.
Can you advice me on what i should change on my gear ?
I know i have to buy a large cluster jewel for Doryani's lesson and sadist but atm there's nothing to buy on Xbox.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

you are missing flat fire dmg on your wand (adds # to # fire damage) this is prolly the biggest dmg boost for you
if you can get +1 on wand/shield it will boost you aswell also your passive tree is missing something, blast radius is not needed tbh, rather get the fire nodes when you travel over to the left side
you could revamp your tree to less life but get heart of flame before switching to cluster jewels
my tree looked similar to yours but I traded 800 life for more than double the dmg, also check out if hypothermia is not more dps than ele focus, im personally not a fan of ele focus and if you plan to play with sadist, then you need to get rid of it anyway
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info