[3.11] Hollow Palm Cyclone Glad–4M DPS 5.5k Life Max Block–up to 9M DPS

"
sxsilver21 wrote:
Awesome build. It helped me get the rest of my orbs to Awakening level 8. I can do Simulacrum good. I was wondering what would be the best thing to improve. I tried the Split build (3 Split and my gems pretty sure if I had 50+ EX I could make it work better but....why?) but it gave me less DPS with my gear. POB (https://pastebin.com/2SCUcN7k) Thanks.

Looking at the Split on your current tree, you probably had bad dps because you are running bad splits. You need dex/str splits. Looking at your stuff, everything is fine. The next major upgrade is GOOD split personalities. You shouldn't be downgrading in dps by doing that. Split builds break 10 mil dps easy as long as you have 2-3 dex/str jewels. You also likely didn't manually update your splits in PoB. PoB doesn't calculate split personalities, it leaves them at 5 dex. You have to manually count the path length and figure out the correct values.
Switched over to echo's split personality variant a handful of days ago... and I absolutely love it! But I do have some questions and viewpoints to share.

First off, I made some personal changes I like... https://pastebin.com/KcZqhkpp

I ended up dropping master of arena, and two 5% hp nodes. This allowed me to pickup vaal pact and 1 point into life/mana leech like in original build.

I switched flesh and stone with blood and sand in my links because I can't manage 28% reserve Flesh+Stone. Even with mana on all rares it left me with ~17-18 mana.

With 25% reserve F+S I have around 45 mana, so unless the maim effect from supporting warchief and F+S stack, I shouldn't lose boss dps right?

Now using a vuln ring because the route we take picks up ~50% to all res so that lowered the "res stress" on the rings. Also made room for a double damage pride watcher's eye.

You have to manually edit the Dex/Life/Str values into PoB for each split personality jewel, I was pulling my hair out over my dps only attaining 4m on the split personality version...

PoB also doesn't like my large jewel clusters.. I have to manually recreate them in item tab, only then will the tree update properly.

I got 5 Split Person jewels, all of them Dex/Life, am I going to miss out by not having two Dex/Str versions?

Is it better dps to drop other anoints (swift skewer/master of force/etc) for hardened scars? I get to slot melee phys now which is 13% more phys over fortify but due to my lower level, I run out of points before I can skill forceful skewering, with only the impale gem and two deep cuts on the clusters I am not sure if I've lost dps or not...

Edit: One or two other things that I noticed as well, echo's variant does not have infusion active in the PoB config page, ticking that brings close to 15m dps instead of 13.5m.

Pride should also be set to "maximum effect" under the skill pane on the tree tab.

It was a PITA for me to calculate the split person jewel amounts.. for reference the flat attribute values should be, 91/86/76/76/66/40, as in from furthest jewel node to the socket by dynamo... you could also just read the ingame values instead of calculate
Last edited by ragequitter33 on Apr 13, 2020, 1:03:24 AM
"
ragequitter33 wrote:
Switched over to echo's split personality variant a handful of days ago... and I absolutely love it! But I do have some questions and viewpoints to share.

First off, I made some personal changes I like... https://pastebin.com/KcZqhkpp

I ended up dropping master of arena, and two 5% hp nodes. This allowed me to pickup vaal pact and 1 point into life/mana leech like in original build.

I switched flesh and stone with blood and sand in my links because I can't manage 28% reserve Flesh+Stone. Even with mana on all rares it left me with ~17-18 mana.

With 25% reserve F+S I have around 45 mana, so unless the maim effect from supporting warchief and F+S stack, I shouldn't lose boss dps right?

Now using a vuln ring because the route we take picks up ~50% to all res so that lowered the "res stress" on the rings. Also made room for a double damage pride watcher's eye.

You have to manually edit the Dex/Life/Str values into PoB for each split personality jewel, I was pulling my hair out over my dps only attaining 4m on the split personality version...

PoB also doesn't like my large jewel clusters.. I have to manually recreate them in item tab, only then will the tree update properly.

I got 5 Split Person jewels, all of them Dex/Life, am I going to miss out by not having two Dex/Str versions?

Is it better dps to drop other anoints (swift skewer/master of force/etc) for hardened scars? I get to slot melee phys now which is 13% more phys over fortify but due to my lower level, I run out of points before I can skill forceful skewering, with only the impale gem and two deep cuts on the clusters I am not sure if I've lost dps or not...

Edit: One or two other things that I noticed as well, echo's variant does not have infusion active in the PoB config page, ticking that brings close to 15m dps instead of 13.5m.

Pride should also be set to "maximum effect" under the skill pane on the tree tab.

It was a PITA for me to calculate the split person jewel amounts.. for reference the flat attribute values should be, 91/86/76/76/66, as in from furthest jewel node to the node by stamina in marauder section... you could also just read the ingame values instead of calculate

If you have 2 dex/str you lose a bit of life and gain a chunk of damage. You aren't missing out on much. As for the Hardened scars anoint, I didn't cover all the anoints in that comment if that's what you read. I wrote more about anoints in the main post. I discussed my thoughts on Hardened scars there. To paraphrase: It's good with Blood of the Karui. Gives comparable damage to Master of force (by letting you add Melee Phys), while giving you fortify.
Last edited by Arcayn13 on Apr 13, 2020, 12:59:03 AM
How much damage are we losing by replacing wildwrap with a rare body armor with -15 mana?

I can't even cyclone right now because I don't have mana regen/-mana cost, so I'm mostly just playing with a praxis.

My solution was to get -3 mana craft on both rings then anoint Lucidity for another -3 mana, for a total of -9. However, this seems like such a roundabout way when I can just craft a -mana chest.

I could also get an Elreon ring, but those rings are unnecessarily expensive for the crappiest combination of mods ever.

I'm really conflicted because
"
15% increased Dexterity
1% increased Damage per 15 Dexterity

just seems too good to not have. Does anyone know what I should do?
Hey, i also started out with the normal version and upgradet to echo's split pers.just yesterday( 4*dex/str + 1*dex/life). I was looking to gain life and dmg like this. the more I was confused when my charscreen dps dropped from 500k to 280k. I thought i was going to have more dmg. Am i missing out on smth? Well i gained about 400 life, lost block and halfend my dmg that didnt really seem to be worth the cost -.-

Yes yes i know, generally gear is not maxed yet and gems lack a lvl and quality. But this should have buffed my dmg anyhow not make it less?
Where the catch here? Can someone tell me?

Pob: https://pastebin.com/bKxK1Xus
Last edited by Tollkirsch on Apr 13, 2020, 5:43:33 AM
Im not sure about the annointement. With cleansed I have 65 chaos resist should I drop it for another one or keep it?
Hey mate, amazing build, love everything about it and have cleared all content easily. Been trawling this thread for lots of info.
I've been trying to min/max it with what little budget i have, without going the Split Personality Gem route.
https://pastebin.com/5QDkqrNd
Where to now? more levels/skill points? cyclone enchant helm? maybe better cluster jewels.... nfi?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by Licarius85 on Apr 13, 2020, 8:23:11 AM
"
dmoniak wrote:
Im not sure about the annointement. With cleansed I have 65 chaos resist should I drop it for another one or keep it?

65 chaos res is still way better than -60. It's fine if you can't full cap it. You're already taking roughly 6-7 times less chaos damage.
"
Tollkirsch wrote:
Hey, i also started out with the normal version and upgradet to echo's split pers.just yesterday( 4*dex/str + 1*dex/life). I was looking to gain life and dmg like this. the more I was confused when my charscreen dps dropped from 500k to 280k. I thought i was going to have more dmg. Am i missing out on smth? Well i gained about 400 life, lost block and halfend my dmg that didnt really seem to be worth the cost -.-

Yes yes i know, generally gear is not maxed yet and gems lack a lvl and quality. But this should have buffed my dmg anyhow not make it less?
Where the catch here? Can someone tell me?

Pob: https://pastebin.com/bKxK1Xus

Don't use char screen dps it's garbage. And PoB doesn't work for splits either. If you manually update your splits in PoB and have the correct tree, your dps should be going up.
"
Akuq wrote:
How much damage are we losing by replacing wildwrap with a rare body armor with -15 mana?

I can't even cyclone right now because I don't have mana regen/-mana cost, so I'm mostly just playing with a praxis.

My solution was to get -3 mana craft on both rings then anoint Lucidity for another -3 mana, for a total of -9. However, this seems like such a roundabout way when I can just craft a -mana chest.

I could also get an Elreon ring, but those rings are unnecessarily expensive for the crappiest combination of mods ever.

I'm really conflicted because
"
15% increased Dexterity
1% increased Damage per 15 Dexterity

just seems too good to not have. Does anyone know what I should do?

Just keep wildwrap and do one of two things (or both):

1. Start running an Enduring Mana Flask

2. Switch flesh and stone out for Blood and Sand

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info