3.10.0f Patch Notes (restartless)

Still crashes every second blighted map. Unplayable.
OK what i did today. I edited my registry to turn 'always on' (31 I changed to 32) Shader Cache, because Adrenalin 2020 no such option, running latest version.

Btw I reset shader in Radeon Control Panel day ago.

After that I started Poe and it update to new patch. Now I'm playing 1hr maybe too early to say, but damn feels alot better now. Influence monsters and other monsters are not blinking anymore.

Damn feels good so far, thank you GGG.

Edit: now we need damn Vulkan patch PLEASE, even in beta. I cant wait. Should improve particle effects alot, I still notice on AMD card that even in dx11 some effects are causing lower fps than what should be.
Last edited by Joleco on Mar 23, 2020, 1:50:49 PM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
Chico1988 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Additionally, please make sure that Shader Cache is enabled in your Nvidia or AMD graphics control panel settings.

Since yesterday, I struggle with this. I use AMD Radeon RX 480, and the new version of software don't give me any control of shader os buffer of any kind (only to reset the cache or to apply a buffer to Open GL aplications).

To "see" how it looks like right now: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh2-012

Others, including me, found this other page when researshed: https://www.amd.com/pt/support/kb/faq/dh-012

If you take your time, you see that not only the UI changed, but some options from it are not there anymore!

I do believe, by reading the second page, that shadder buffer is enabled by default. Right now I just hope that it is the case...

It's actually quite simple to toggle as long as you know what you are looking for.

Open Regedit.exe, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\UMD, then change "ShaderCache" from "30 00" or "31 00" to "32 00". (30 00 = off / 31 00 = AMD Optimized / 32 00 = Always On). Save and Reboot.

It works like a charm and you can keep it Always On if you feel like it, as AMD optimized will set it to ON only for AMD sanctioned profiles with certainty.

Hope that helps all AMD users with the new interface. ^^

You sir, are the real MVP!! :D
I'm still constantly crashing to Desktop.

During Metamorph I was able to play with Engine Multithreading on, and suffered no crashes the entire League.

But ever since the '3.10.0d' patch was released, I started crashing every 4 minutes. Couldn't complete a single map without getting booted back to the Desktop with no error message.

I disabled Engine Multithreading and despite now having 30fps and being unable to play with my friends due to >10fps, I could once again map by myself and suffered no crashes.

Today I tried activating Engine Multithreading again,and crashed on my second map. Crashed again about 5 minutes later on the following map. Nothing on the Client.txt whatsoever.

Please GGG... I don't know what you're doing, but I want to keep playing this League... this is making it rather difficult and frustrating.

For comparison I can play Doom Eternal on Ultra settings at 120+fps.
The issue here isn't my machine, it makes no sense that POE is the only game giving me low performance and crashes.
"
Limited shader uploads to avoid overloading the graphics driver.
Oh, really ?? Well, glad that you told me because I didn't notice any improvement.
Oh and in last amd radeon drivers, shader cache is on and not changeable. And my computer is really a decent one, that's your server oriented coding that is a design mistake.
"
I'm still constantly crashing to Desktop.

During Metamorph I was able to play with Engine Multithreading on, and suffered no crashes the entire League.

But ever since the '3.10.0d' patch was released, I started crashing every 4 minutes. Couldn't complete a single map without getting booted back to the Desktop with no error message.

I disabled Engine Multithreading and despite now having 30fps and being unable to play with my friends due to >10fps, I could once again map by myself and suffered no crashes.

Today I tried activating Engine Multithreading again,and crashed on my second map. Crashed again about 5 minutes later on the following map. Nothing on the Client.txt whatsoever.

Please GGG... I don't know what you're doing, but I want to keep playing this League... this is making it rather difficult and frustrating.

For comparison I can play Doom Eternal on Ultra settings at 120+fps.
The issue here isn't my machine, it makes no sense that POE is the only game giving me low performance and crashes.

I am currently suffering the same outcome. The game crashes and won't load instances from trials/maps and the game has been booting me out even standing in town for under a minute. This patch broke something open that prevents me from being able to play.
This:

Did NOT help...

3ms latency to servers and lagging/freezing killing a Twin boss with no other mobs around.

Full application default settings:

*Click me for HD view

DXDiag info:

EDIT PSA (Possible Fix):

Game running much better after deleting ALL FILES and FOLDERS from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheD3D11_GI

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheD3D11

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\CachedHLSLShaders\DX11

The game was a bit laggy after deleting all that, but once it repopulated the caches, it's running a lot smoother
Last edited by corosou on Mar 23, 2020, 4:55:43 PM
Shader Cache? im pretty sure my gpu doesnt have that in its control panel

Old gpu is old
The client is crashing for me at startup. The last log from client.txt file is:

"
Building Uncached Shader Resampler_OutColor_Upsample_MinMax. Profile ps_4_0 and entrypoint Resample with macros: OUT_COLOR=1 UPSAMPLE=1 MINMAX_FILTER=1

I have RTX2080
Last edited by Armeriol12 on Mar 23, 2020, 5:08:02 PM
After installing the patch, I got "buffer underflow" error.
Shader cash also on.

gtx1660ti
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by TauOrigin on Mar 23, 2020, 3:48:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info