[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

No that robbed me all my fun for this game. Its not like there arent any other games (SP) that are fun to me while I cant loose anything because I missed one detail
And now someone hijacked our conversation and robbed me out of your stuff xD

Anyway, can feel the pain. I've been scammed two times in this game and it just does not feel good. And as i said: GGG does nothing than protect scammers, which is a little bit sad
"
Ynera wrote:

HI, could you please share your PoB or make character public here?

Thanks in advance :)

https://pastebin.com/qbg03gQG

It's the same as the league start CI build in the guide. Still lots of room to improve it though, better rares, 6L armor, different helmet enchant, optimize flask, etc.
Last edited by Benjamyn on Apr 20, 2021, 10:26:26 AM

Got a lot of questions on optimising my character, would appreciate any advice:

1) What would be a good replacement for the Unique Helmet, Body and Boots? I would really like to replace the Rime Gaze because the 50% reduced ES recharge really hurts for survivability.

2) Any tips on migrating over to Elemental Equilibrium for more damage. I was thinking self-casting Storm Brand before Vortex? Or something like that.

Side note: I was playing around with Frost Shield on trigger wand. It's actually not bad at all for Ultimatum!
Last edited by Jasper111 on Apr 20, 2021, 3:10:59 PM
"
Currently 85. PoB only goes to 86 (CI Occultist). Where would you recommend spending talent points from here on out?

Loving the build. Super fun! Thank you <3

I personally think once you get >~93, you should probably be looking to swap to a 1 x large / 2 x medium / 2 x small cluster setup. Take a look at the main page for a cluster setup and a non-cluster POB for level 100, just posted it.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
Jasper111 wrote:

Got a lot of questions on optimising my character, would appreciate any advice:

1) What would be a good replacement for the Unique Helmet, Body and Boots? I would really like to replace the Rime Gaze because the 50% reduced ES recharge really hurts for survivability.

2) Any tips on migrating over to Elemental Equilibrium for more damage. I was thinking self-casting Storm Brand before Vortex? Or something like that.

Side note: I was playing around with Frost Shield on trigger wand. It's actually not bad at all for Ultimatum!

I wouldn't recommend replacing Rime Gaze for anything. Keep in mind that the majority of your ES recovery is based on regeneration, not recharge. The body can be replaced by a good rare, but there is no unique body to replace it with except Saqawal's (and then you can fit in more auras). The boots can be replaced by high ES, resistance, and movement speed boots (no other unique can replace the boots).

You can pick up elemental equilibrium if you swap out your 2nd ring for a Malachai's Artifice and slot in a Lightning Golem or Storm Brand. This will make it so the only thing applying EE are those two skills.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
I am Level 45 right now, at the beginning of act 6. I followed the leveling guide and the passive tree from the screenshot with red lines all over it :D

The damage is really good and the proc mechanic is working good.
But I am really really brittle. Rare mobs just oneshotting me instant. Sometimes bigger group of normal enemies too. This most likely happens while I try to cast power siphon, it feels like an eternity until I am out of this animation lock.
I have my resistances capped and I'm sitting on 782 life and 176 es.

I'm running Vitality although I should only start using it again in act 7. But without that aura I wouldn't see the light of the day again.

Is there a defense layer im missing?
Map: "Area is inhabited by Goatmen"
Templar: "Heavy breathing"
Last edited by Noodlez on Apr 21, 2021, 12:26:34 AM
As a rule of thumb:

The number of the act you are currently in x 3 = targeted EHP pool

So in act 6, you should aim for about 1800 HP. You don't even reach half of it. You can grab so many life nodes on the tree. There is your missing defensive layer
Been using this build as my league start, have some questions / comments.

As mentioned by someone else earlier, attack speed on power siphon seems to be the most clunky part for me. It's not super annoying, just a tad, maybe not worth trying to fix?

At level 70 I am having mana reservation issues after moving creeping frost into Rime, I assume this is because of Concentrated Effect increasing the mana cost. I added a node that gave me 8% more maximum mana and I reluctantly crafted some +mana on two pieces of gear, but I was only able to activate everything with excatly 0 mana points to spare (Couldn't cast anything). I have all the mana reservation reduction nodes, all the +mana nodes, am I missing something? Right now I just drop running Vitality, but I miss it.

Steelskin. I am not used to having to cast this myself, it feels like an hp potion that I forget to use and it requires a lot of strength to max out. Is it really worth it?

"
Acidian56 wrote:
Been using this build as my league start, have some questions / comments.

As mentioned by someone else earlier, attack speed on power siphon seems to be the most clunky part for me. It's not super annoying, just a tad, maybe not worth trying to fix?

At level 70 I am having mana reservation issues after moving creeping frost into Rime, I assume this is because of Concentrated Effect increasing the mana cost. I added a node that gave me 8% more maximum mana and I reluctantly crafted some +mana on two pieces of gear, but I was only able to activate everything with excatly 0 mana points to spare (Couldn't cast anything). I have all the mana reservation reduction nodes, all the +mana nodes, am I missing something? Right now I just drop running Vitality, but I miss it.

Steelskin. I am not used to having to cast this myself, it feels like an hp potion that I forget to use and it requires a lot of strength to max out. Is it really worth it?

My bad, you explained about the mana issue. Did you get the intelligence node yet? It gives a hefty +8% overall int. (utmost intellect) That might be it.

Attack speed works with power siphon, I am also using onslaught flask that helps a lot as well.

Steelskin must be on auto-cast, not manual casting - if that's what you mean. Steelskin is great especially early on with survivalability. It gives around +600-800 HP which is dramatically increasing your EHP when you need it. I'm still using it at the end game even though I'm pretty tanky at this point.

Last edited by bingildak on Apr 21, 2021, 6:47:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info