[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

"
Acidian56 wrote:
"
Clydehart wrote:

Make sure to grab Insightfulness. It looks like you skipped over those 4 nodes, but that will solve your mana problem (it gives a ton of % mana + % energy shield).

Thank you! I was saving the ES shields for last while I was leveling (I didn't have any survival issues, wasn't even fully resist cap'ed because I was lazy), I forgot that they could have mana on them, will get them next!

Thank you for the build btw, and your detailed leveling section, I think this has been my favorite league starter yet.

"
bingildak wrote:

Steelskin must be on auto-cast, not manual casting - if that's what you mean. Steelskin is great especially early on with survivalability. It gives around +600-800 HP which is dramatically increasing your EHP when you need it. I'm still using it at the end game even though I'm pretty tanky at this point.

Sorry for the stupid question, I tried to google it first. How do I auto-cast steelskin if we are not using a trigger gem like CWDT, or having it on left click (since we have Vortex here)?

Not a problem, glad you're having a good time with it!

Not a stupid question, if you have a gaming mouse- you can map your Steelskin to another button on the mouse (ie snipe button), and just hold down LMB + that button. It'll constantly trigger both for you- that's usually what I do early on.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Steelskin is getting trigger casted by the wand anyway right?

By the way, checking the prices to convert from CI to LL seems to be around 10ex with current market (non hardcore).

Shavronne's Wrappings - 1.5-2.5ex
Prism Guardian - 2.5-3ex
Presence of Chayula - 2ex-3.5ex (mentioned optional but it would be pain to max chaos res without this, ultimatum challenges will rekt you if you don't)
Energy From Within - 0.4ex
Intuitive Leap - 1-2ex
Resetting Jewelry for resists etc - at least 1ex

Rounds up 10.5 ex or so give or take.

This is the first week of the league of course, should go down in future (i think).
Last edited by bingildak on Apr 21, 2021, 10:09:23 AM
How is this build doing for Ultimatums in red maps? Any survivability issues?
"
Clydehart wrote:
"
LordIngmar wrote:
At what point should I go for the LL build along the intended progression path?

The moment you can get a Shavronne's (5L) + Prism Guardian (Chayula's isn't required, but is really nice for the chaos resistance), I would swap to LL. The damage difference between CI to LL is about 100% more damage even when going from a 6L CI to 5L Shavronne's. The survivability will take a hit, but you can't really die if everything is dead first!

Alright thanks, I also just noticed how getting those two items is going to cost me like 5 exalted. Do you know if these items would go down in price? Also, do you have any idea how much the endgame CI build would cost?
Is it okay to play the CI version with Shavronne's Wrappings ?

The build itself is amazing I'm clearing t11 maps with a 4link Incandescent Heart and have no problem in survivability but a little bit lack of DPS on ultimatum events .

P.s : You said that a second frozen trail can increase the map clearing speed a lot but you didn't say where we should put the second one .
Last edited by AL1ReZa on Apr 21, 2021, 11:13:12 AM
Im getting mixxed up POB´s. Possible u could link LL endgame and CI endgame? :) Thanks for your work again mate
"
LordIngmar wrote:
"
Clydehart wrote:
"
LordIngmar wrote:
At what point should I go for the LL build along the intended progression path?

The moment you can get a Shavronne's (5L) + Prism Guardian (Chayula's isn't required, but is really nice for the chaos resistance), I would swap to LL. The damage difference between CI to LL is about 100% more damage even when going from a 6L CI to 5L Shavronne's. The survivability will take a hit, but you can't really die if everything is dead first!

Alright thanks, I also just noticed how getting those two items is going to cost me like 5 exalted. Do you know if these items would go down in price? Also, do you have any idea how much the endgame CI build would cost?

Yes, the price of these items will drop in price and endgame CI will be extremely expensive (> 50 ex easily).

"
AL1ReZa wrote:
Is it okay to play the CI version with Shavronne's Wrappings ?

The build itself is amazing I'm clearing t11 maps with a 4link Incandescent Heart and have no problem in survivability but a little bit lack of DPS on ultimatum events .

P.s : You said that a second frozen trail can increase the map clearing speed a lot but you didn't say where we should put the second one .

If you're getting a Shavronne's, just go low life with an Arrogance BM reservation setup. You don't need the Prism Guardian to be on low-life, it just allows you to reserve a lot more auras.

"
Im getting mixxed up POB´s. Possible u could link LL endgame and CI endgame? :) Thanks for your work again mate

The POBs are just fine, Prism Guardian is glitched in POB right now- so the LL POB doesn't have any reserved life at the moment. The POBs are correct though.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Anyone thought about adding a watchers eye with ES regen with discipline for even more survivability. Bonus if you can get ES on hit as well or even a vitality stat.
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Anyone thought about adding a watchers eye with ES regen with discipline for even more survivability. Bonus if you can get ES on hit as well or even a vitality stat.

Yep there was a discussion about it. Es on hit is very good for survivability. I consider it one of the best upgrades when starting LL.
Thanks for the great guide. One comment I have is that leveling as CI is pretty hard to do, doubly so as a league start. Do you have any guidance for transitioning from a life-based build over?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info