[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

By the way, I wanted to thank the OP for the build.

It has been a great experience overall. The League starter part was kind of bumpy in terms of survival until I switched to CI (thanks to ultimatum mechanics).

But since I have switched to CI and invested a tiny bit into the gear, it has been a breeze.
any way to increase single target damage? Im entering red maps and while i can zoom-zoom through them, bosses and conquerors take 5 hours to kill

https://pastebin.com/ZNDArgqi
In the LL version. Thread of hope. Is it Large ring or very Large ring? Seems so weird when u add a Large ring but might be me :P

Also it only has Thread of hope in the PoB But not on on the guide. I guess its still a major one?
"
bingildak wrote:
"
Acidian56 wrote:
Been using this build as my league start, have some questions / comments.

As mentioned by someone else earlier, attack speed on power siphon seems to be the most clunky part for me. It's not super annoying, just a tad, maybe not worth trying to fix?

At level 70 I am having mana reservation issues after moving creeping frost into Rime, I assume this is because of Concentrated Effect increasing the mana cost. I added a node that gave me 8% more maximum mana and I reluctantly crafted some +mana on two pieces of gear, but I was only able to activate everything with excatly 0 mana points to spare (Couldn't cast anything). I have all the mana reservation reduction nodes, all the +mana nodes, am I missing something? Right now I just drop running Vitality, but I miss it.

Steelskin. I am not used to having to cast this myself, it feels like an hp potion that I forget to use and it requires a lot of strength to max out. Is it really worth it?

My bad, you explained about the mana issue. Did you get the intelligence node yet? It gives a hefty +8% overall int. (utmost intellect) That might be it.

Attack speed works with power siphon, I am also using onslaught flask that helps a lot as well.

Steelskin must be on auto-cast, not manual casting - if that's what you mean. Steelskin is great especially early on with survivalability. It gives around +600-800 HP which is dramatically increasing your EHP when you need it. I'm still using it at the end game even though I'm pretty tanky at this point.

Make sure to grab Insightfulness. It looks like you skipped over those 4 nodes, but that will solve your mana problem (it gives a ton of % mana + % energy shield).
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
bingildak wrote:
By the way, I wanted to thank the OP for the build.

It has been a great experience overall. The League starter part was kind of bumpy in terms of survival until I switched to CI (thanks to ultimatum mechanics).

But since I have switched to CI and invested a tiny bit into the gear, it has been a breeze.

Survival going through the acts is a bit rough if you don't pick up any % life nodes (which I never do, because I'm a masochist...). Glad you're having a good time now that you swapped to CI!

"
viionc2 wrote:
any way to increase single target damage? Im entering red maps and while i can zoom-zoom through them, bosses and conquerors take 5 hours to kill

https://pastebin.com/ZNDArgqi

If you're not against self casting storm brand, you can swap out your 2nd ring for a Malachai's Artifice to apply EE to bosses. This should help a ton with boss damage early on until you can get some better upgrades.
"
In the LL version. Thread of hope. Is it Large ring or very Large ring? Seems so weird when u add a Large ring but might be me :P

Also it only has Thread of hope in the PoB But not on on the guide. I guess its still a major one?

Thread of Hope is Large. It's a great upgrade to have, but not required if you can't get ahold of it early on.
"
Clydehart wrote:

Make sure to grab Insightfulness. It looks like you skipped over those 4 nodes, but that will solve your mana problem (it gives a ton of % mana + % energy shield).

Thank you! I was saving the ES shields for last while I was leveling (I didn't have any survival issues, wasn't even fully resist cap'ed because I was lazy), I forgot that they could have mana on them, will get them next!

Thank you for the build btw, and your detailed leveling section, I think this has been my favorite league starter yet.

"
bingildak wrote:

Steelskin must be on auto-cast, not manual casting - if that's what you mean. Steelskin is great especially early on with survivalability. It gives around +600-800 HP which is dramatically increasing your EHP when you need it. I'm still using it at the end game even though I'm pretty tanky at this point.

Sorry for the stupid question, I tried to google it first. How do I auto-cast steelskin if we are not using a trigger gem like CWDT, or having it on left click (since we have Vortex here)?
At what point should I go for the LL build along the intended progression path?
"
Clydehart wrote:
"

Thread of Hope is Large. It's a great upgrade to have, but not required if you can't get ahold of it early on.

Thanks man! Its an amazing build! Switched from CI to shavronnes and prism guardian. its so good! Was thinking about getting some more juicy dps in
"
LordIngmar wrote:
At what point should I go for the LL build along the intended progression path?

The moment you can get a Shavronne's (5L) + Prism Guardian (Chayula's isn't required, but is really nice for the chaos resistance), I would swap to LL. The damage difference between CI to LL is about 100% more damage even when going from a 6L CI to 5L Shavronne's. The survivability will take a hit, but you can't really die if everything is dead first!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info