[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Movement seems kind of clunky with the Vortex on Left Click as it prevents Flame Dash from being used?

Also why not use Faster Attacks and Second Wind on Flame Dash? I've seen that quite a lot.
"
SiAnKo wrote:
THe LL pastbin seems to not work properly, cant import it :)

(the http://poeurl.com/dfW9 one )

Just checked and the pastebin works for the LL (https://pastebin.com/Bf0gcVZk). You need to get the Community version of Path of Building as well.

As a side note, you linked the poeurl, which won't work for Path of Building unless you're importing only the tree.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
Jasper111 wrote:
Movement seems kind of clunky with the Vortex on Left Click as it prevents Flame Dash from being used?

Also why not use Faster Attacks and Second Wind on Flame Dash? I've seen that quite a lot.

I've never ran into the issue where Vortex casting prevents Flame Dash from being used. I also spam cast it, so maybe that's why?

I assume you mean faster casting, which is an option- but you lose out on 2 gem slots by using faster casting + second wind. Those 2 gem slots are really big for Spellslinger builds and the supports don't give a big enough benefit for me to justify using. With that said, you can modify it for whatever works for you!
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
So even with the reworked trigger that has +8sec CD, thats the weapon to go?
delete
Last edited by jybpoe on Apr 18, 2021, 1:36:08 PM
"
○ Act 3:
-Grab TWO Spellslingers as soon as you can. If you don't already have Vortex yet, temporarily link: Spellslinger + Arc + Added Lightning Damage + Controlled Destruction for the first setup. For the second setup, link Spellslinger + Wave of Conviction + Controlled Destruction (ideally Added Lightning to apply Lightning Exposure) + Elemental Focus. Drop Vitality until you have enough mana reservation to use it (keep it in an alternate weapon or open gem slot to level still). You'll only have enough mana to use two 4L Spellslinger setups, do not try to link more than this. Spellslinger will trigger both spell setups with one attack. These two setups will be used until you have Vortex.

-Use the Spell Siphon you got earlier to trigger your Spellslingers (this does not need to be linked).

Spoiler
Nothing procs when I cast spell siphon I don't understand why.

I have one spellsinger linked to Arc (wand), and another one linked to Wave of Conviction (foot) (no 4 slots piece yet).
And Power Siphon alone (shield).
You're just supposed to cast Power Siphon? I must have read something wrong.

Edit: OK I'm stupid, didn't realize you had to activate the spellslingers auras.
Last edited by jybpoe on Apr 18, 2021, 2:56:01 PM
"
Clydehart wrote:
"
Jasper111 wrote:

I've never ran into the issue where Vortex casting prevents Flame Dash from being used. I also spam cast it, so maybe that's why?

I assume you mean faster casting, which is an option- but you lose out on 2 gem slots by using faster casting + second wind. Those 2 gem slots are really big for Spellslinger builds and the supports don't give a big enough benefit for me to justify using. With that said, you can modify it for whatever works for you!

Yeah I'm not sure, maybe I was just lagging a lot from league start. It seems smoother today.

Sorry yes I meant Faster Casting! And makes sense about the gem slots, I'm using Fast Casting + Second Wind for now but will swap back to your recommendation once I get more gems.

I have another question! What do you think about taking the Sanctity node in the skill tree? 1% Life regen per second would add to energy regen once you take Zealot's Oath and it also gives 10% more max ES. Seems good but it costs 3 points.

Another thing I'm thinking about is getting more cast speed because it seems to be one thing that I've struggled with so far is slow casts.
Loving the build, thanks for sharing!

I'm still on league starter build, but I dropped Frost Bomb and replaced it with Increased Duration. I may play around Wintertide Brand later when I'm more tanky.
"
Jasper111 wrote:

Another thing I'm thinking about is getting more cast speed because it seems to be one thing that I've struggled with so far is slow casts.

power siphon is an attack so you actually need attack speed, onslaught flask makes it run way smoother
Last edited by viionc2 on Apr 18, 2021, 4:49:30 PM
Act 3 Leveling Video

Skill gems:
Spellslinger + Arc + Added Lightning Damage + Controlled Destruction
Spellslinger + Wave of Conviction + Controlled Destruction
Power Siphon

Timestamps:
00:00​ - General Gravicius
00:40​ - Lunaris Temple level 1
00:56​ - Ultimatum Altar
03:00​ - Kole
03:47​ - Lunaris Temple level 2