[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Some of the gem you mention which seem to be very important to grab and level up early on require dex, namely: "creeping frost" and "lesser multiple projectile".

How are you supposed to get Dex as Witch?

I know some points can be spent in the passive tree but there's none grabbed in the guide (at least early on). Is it okay to deviate early on to grab some? Or would that put you too far back?

I also know some type of items can provide it, what's the recommended process of farming/getting those early on? I understand falling behind on gem lvl is bad so wondering how to go about it when no obvious drop as the required dex affix.

I guess that also applied to late game where the dex required by those gems keeps increasing.

edit: Well even Stormblast Mine requires dex at some point. You're kinda stuck if you dont loot a Dex item I guess.

Thanks
Last edited by jybpoe on Apr 17, 2021, 3:44:44 PM
Sorry for a noob question, but couldn't find what LL stands for exactly and how it's different to CI? CI is Chaos Inoculation keystone, right?
"
jybpoe wrote:
Some of the gem you mention which seem to be very important to grab and level up early on require dex, namely: "creeping frost" and "lesser multiple projectile".

How are you supposed to get Dex as Witch?

I know some points can be spent in the passive tree but there's none grabbed in the guide (at least early on). Is it okay to deviate early on to grab some? Or would that put you too far back?

I also know some type of items can provide it, what's the recommended process of farming/getting those early on? I understand falling behind on gem lvl is bad so wondering how to go about it when no obvious drop as the required dex affix.

I guess that also applied to late game where the dex required by those gems keeps increasing.

edit: Well even Stormblast Mine requires dex at some point. You're kinda stuck if you dont loot a Dex item I guess.

Thanks

Make sure to grab a dex amulet for 1 transmutation orb or the dex amulet from A3 quest. Also, pick up the +30 dex node near Elemental Overload. That alone will get you to > 55 dex. After that, you'll need to pick up rings/amulets with dex on them, or you can craft dex using the bench for cheap.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
esostaks wrote:
Sorry for a noob question, but couldn't find what LL stands for exactly and how it's different to CI? CI is Chaos Inoculation keystone, right?

LL is low life, it's a type of playstyle/build. You will need Shavronne's Wrappings to do the LL version, which is very expensive at league start and even pretty expensive a few weeks in. Follow the league start/progression section if you're new, and make sure not to pick up the CI keystone until you have 3-4k+ energy shield.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
Clydehart wrote:
Make sure to grab a dex amulet for 1 transmutation orb

Great advice, thanks didn't notice it at the shop.
"
Clydehart wrote:
"
Messiek wrote:
I'm level 42 and don't understand the build still. I watched the video and you use only Vortex and everything procs after. I have the 2 spellslinger setup but vortex is not linked in any way to the wand attack.I need to atk with with wand and then use vortex, which is not what I saw and read on the build guide.

Can someone explain this to me, please.

It is in the guide and in the video. I attack in the video while holding down Vortex. Vortex has an instant cast speed and procs on top of Frostbolt, as that is a mechanic of the skill. You take advantage of that by just constantly holding down Vortex (or putting it on LMB- left mouse button) while attacking.

EDIT: Looking at your character, you don't have power siphon- so I assume you aren't attacking. You need to attack to throw out Creeping Frost + Frostbolt when they're linked with Spellslinger.

I may or may not have added Power Siphon after the post and it clicked. haha

Thank you for the reply, I'm having a lot of fun. Can't wait to get to CI :)
Im level 75 now, and I must say, this works perfect with league mechanics and overall mapping feels great ( only 2 today..) Leveling/story was a bit slow, but thats for me because I did every ultimatum I encountered ( got some good things out of it, like 50chaos in total and a tabula).
Im playing this LL atm without shav and it feels pretty solid. THe 0,2 Shield leeche is all you need it seems. Lab to Merciless.

This build feels almost too op, started with arc build other leagues and this does not compare in terms of playfun and op'ness
"
SiAnKo wrote:

Im playing this LL atm without shav and it feels pretty solid. THe 0,2 Shield leeche is all you need it seems. Lab to Merciless.

Would you say the LL version should be considered superior to the CI version for late game?
65 so far here, early leveling sucks a bit as the author states but once you get spell slinger, it all starts to come together and its very smooth. Feel a bit squishy but it's a gear/not paying attention issue, not the build.

Thank you for the build guide, looking forward to seeing how far I can take it as a casual player.
Last edited by dsxy on Apr 18, 2021, 6:56:09 AM
THe LL pastbin seems to not work properly, cant import it :)

(the http://poeurl.com/dfW9 one )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info