[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
GGorebachev wrote:
Hi Havoc, thanks for the reply. Must not have been updated properly. Can you try again please?

Chaos is not capped yet, true.

Is there a big turning point for defence, item wise or skillpoint wise?

Thanks!

Edit: I can't use Zealotry yet due to low skillpoints. Not sure whether this has an impact on staying alive. The ES is with 21 Disc.

Maybe i also need to adjust my playstyle heavily. I do not have a lot of practice with ranged caster types.
Hey again

Chaos res being 54% is not a big deal to be honest, I recommend using Prismatic Catalyst's on your Presence of Chayula for a free 12% Chaos Res (Not free, it's very expensive, but very easy to get)

Yes, the flasks and skill points make a huge difference.

It also looks like you need reduced mana reservation nodes for the auras in order to work.
Look at "Charisma" and "Sovereignty" - those 2 nodes you need in order to run all the auras.

You also need to level Blood Magic to level 16 in order to reserve your health with the auras.
It looks like you will need to get another ring with higher strength for this.

Buy an Essence Drain level 21 Gem, that will give you a huge DPS boost.
Quality is not really needed, you can get one later on, but right now its expensive and doesn't do too much for you.

Keep Arcane Surge level 10 so EVERY Contagion Cast will proc Arcane Surge
Keep Clarity Level 7-10 (This will depend on how much health you have at the time, every time you level Clarity, it increases the amount of health required to be reserved, you may even need to go lower)
(So let's say clarity is level 10 - it reserves EXAMPLE 100 health, say it's level 9, it reserves 90 health)

Pick up a Vaal Blight Gem, and a Vaal Righteous Fire, these will help for Bosses / yellow monsters that "Allies Cannot Die" which are VERY annoying for the build at times.

Don't forget to do Uber lab and pickup "Swift Killer" now that you have Presence of Chayulam.
Other than that everything is looking solid man.
What jewels should budget players place in their skill trees
"
Viridian101 wrote:
What jewels should budget players place in their skill trees
Hi

For yellow jewels I would recommend looking for "Chaos Damage over Time Multipier" as well as "Increased Maximum Energy Shield %."

If you can afford it, (They are usually really expensive unless you snipe one) a Minions Damage increased as well mod on the jewel, it is a little bit more damage for us!

For a budget unique jewel, I recommend Eldritch Knowledge placed in the top middle of the Witch tree.
alright bruh I gave up on the build already..but I came back to see if you've smartnened up and its actually gotten worse lol. Theres no clear progression on when u should change to a bow and why. I see others have mentionsed the sqame as i.. that this is not a "beginner friendly" build in the slightest.theres just so many variables, and so many things u have to do JUST to get 6.6m DoT? I played this as my starter over a bleed gladiator...and holy fuck did I make a giant mistake. I'm now leveling the bleed character and almost literally everything is so much smoother. Honestly it feels like you've never leveled with the setup and ur just theorycrafting.
Was looking into buying a bleed bow for this build, had to because work. yeah cure, ofcourse I'l; spend all this money on skills i never use/wll never use all thanks to this guy :)
oh, also I got my 6l chest with 1100 evasion for 15c. The things u find when ur not being a sheep.
oh sorry, also btw, this is currently my 2nd day. :)
took me a whole weekend and a bit to progress the ed character to that point, and it felt so much worse. essence drain is shit for 3.11 unless u wanna spend +/~ a cast everytime u turn a corner.
Just want to re-iterate once more. to get to RED MAPS all i need is a BOW WITH ALRGHT PDPS.
Last edited by raymanzz on Jul 3, 2020, 2:19:16 AM
"
raymanzz wrote:
Just want to re-iterate once more. to get to RED MAPS all i need is a BOW WITH ALRGHT PDPS.
I wanna see when you get to the point when you need ryslatha's coil and elder bow with with chance to deal 100% more damage with bleed if you'd also say it's "so easy" to gear up a bleed glad. And funny how you complain against meta specs when bleed bow is semi-meta since ensnaring arrow was put in the game, so for like... 3 seasons already?

Also I love how bleed builds show 50 million damage in POB but it's not 50 million dps, it's damage of 1 bleed across its whole duration. So if your bleed lasts 10 seconds 50 mil damage is actually 5 mil dps. I don't even know if you can reach these numbers without assailum helmet which tbh is clunky to fire because it has channel time and only 1 projectile.

But well, if you enjoy the gladiator have fun with it.

Anyway for ED levelling a lot of people are swapping to spellslinger version this season and only swapping back to traditional self cast in yellow - red maps. Supposedly it's faster and less clunky, and you're not reliant on high cast speeds unlike normal ED / contagion combo that requires 2 casts sequence to function.

And if people play it in SSF HC (for example Raiz, Goratha or Karvarousku if you want any streamer names) then it definitely doesn't require crazy gear to function.
how important is presence of chayula? Is it a necessary for the build cause I'm thinking to replace it with this amulet.
"
Kiyopon wrote:
how important is presence of chayula? Is it a necessary for the build cause I'm thinking to replace it with this amulet.

If you get stun immunity from a cluster jewel (unwaveringly evil or something like that is the noteable called) you can replace it if you are comfortable with the loss in ES.
Original

"
raymanzz wrote:
hi what gems should i use if im using wands?
EDIT:
OK I see the part under leveling and tried to use that setup but I cant run 3 spellslingers cuz it uses to much mana. am i missing something? Like im done the story, trying to transition into the actual character and I can't find an answer. Theres so many damn different versions of the build you've posted all over. This is beyond frustrating. I figured it'd be like the title said.. "beginner friendly" and I'm not even a beginner. But bruuuuhhh trying to gear using this guide is a nightmare

"
raymanzz wrote:
alright bruh I gave up on the build already..but I came back to see if you've smartnened up and its actually gotten worse lol. Theres no clear progression on when u should change to a bow and why. I see others have mentionsed the sqame as i.. that this is not a "beginner friendly" build in the slightest.theres just so many variables, and so many things u have to do JUST to get 6.6m DoT? I played this as my starter over a bleed gladiator...and holy fuck did I make a giant mistake. I'm now leveling the bleed character and almost literally everything is so much smoother. Honestly it feels like you've never leveled with the setup and ur just theorycrafting.
Was looking into buying a bleed bow for this build, had to because work. yeah cure, ofcourse I'l; spend all this money on skills i never use/wll never use all thanks to this guy :)
oh, also I got my 6l chest with 1100 evasion for 15c. The things u find when ur not being a sheep.
took me a whole weekend and a bit to progress the ed character to that point, and it felt so much worse. essence drain is shit for 3.11 unless u wanna spend +/~ a cast everytime u turn a corner.
Good luck in your future.
"
Kiyopon wrote:
Hi

I would say it's not NECESSARY, it just fits the playstyle of low-life the best.
If you can find stun immune somewhere else like Cyrix states from the Cluster jewel Unwaveringly Evil, although that will not make you COMPLETELY immune to being stunned, so there is a good chance if you run into a group of monsters, you will die. Also you could use the "Escape Artist' ascendancy, however it only has 3 charges and then once those 3 charges are up, we are easily stunned.
"
raymanzz wrote:

Have you read the "Budget Gearing Before Low Life" section? He clearly explains what to use before switching to bow, and obviously the best time to switch to bow is when you can afford it. It's that simple. As far as ED being bad this league, that's just completely false. ED is perfectly fine.
When is it recommended to change to CI?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info