[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

@ krserviss

Your characters don't show to me either they're private or something bugged.

But if you die in t1 maps, first question is are your resists capped to 75%? Second how much life or energy shield do you have?
"
krserviss wrote:
The leveling is super quick but my god.... a fart in the wind can take you out... especially in act 9.

Not dissing the guide at all, about to start A10 atm... but have already accumulated 40ish deaths.
Hi

Have you upgraded your gear yet? It's not the tankiest in the world, but I definitely don't really think it's too much of an issue, but if you play careless (I do a LOT) - then it may be.
"
krserviss wrote:
Quick question. Where are we getting our dexterity from?
We get Dexterity from our passive free
"
krserviss wrote:
Alright, last post.. lol. I just entered maps on T1 and am getting absolutely destroyed.

I know my flasks suck, but do you think you can take a look at my setup and let me know where I'm failing miserably?
So my first question is did you switch over to Essence Drain?
My next question is same what Viktranka asked, are you resist capped?

Do you have the right flasks and gem setups?

Are you still Mind over Matter?

I cannot pull your account up on Xbox, PS4, or PC? Not sure why... are you posting on a different account? What is the main account of your character?
"
Havoc209 wrote:
"
RyanRabbit wrote:

(Characters should not be private any more)
(Level 82/83 Entropharian would be the ED build)

Thanks Again!
Hi
So upon checking your character, I noticed that you are using 2 Stibnite Flask's, this is not a huge deal although I recommend swapping the blue one for a Sulphur Flask.

I also noticed you are not using Flesh and Stone.
I would actually recommend removing Zealotry for Flesh and Stone (Make sure you are in sand stance) - where do you think I can add this?

When I originally made this guide, I didn't really have the best CI starter setup, as it was originally intended for low life.
But after starting CI for 2 leagues now and not having enough currentcy early, and having to work my way to low life, I have a much better setup for it now.

Buy an Essence Drain Level 21, even if you are trying to get yours 21, it most likely won't happen (fingers crossed it will!) but mine NEVER go to 21.. I have bad luck.
Even if you buy a 21 ED - you can sell it in the future and maybe take a small loss.
Quality does not matter too much on this.

You can remove Spreading Rot for another yellow jewel with Chaos Damage Over Time Multiplier and Maximum Energy Shield %, this should be relatively cheap now.

Also don't forget to do Uber Labrynth!
You can join a general chat called global 820 by typing /global 820 (make sure general chat is on) - people give away free trials here!

Thank you so much! That really cleared things up. Made the modifications and was a huge improvement. I really appreciate all the effort you put into these builds/guides and all the help you provide responding on the forums.
Hey Havoc, awesome guide and thanks for being active in here/answering questions. I just switched over from a LL miner so had a bunch of the prerequisite gear good to go already.

With that said, starting from 0 to 100 with a build, even as an experienced POE player, you tend to miss certain things along the way. I'm about to have an influx of another 7ex and just wanted to know what the most optimal next steps were and if I made any glaring mistakes along the way. I'm sitting on 7.5k ES which I know is a bit low but not sure if that's the priority.

https://pastebin.com/T7y3vxcK
Last edited by Malfetus on Jul 9, 2020, 12:35:03 PM
"
RyanRabbit wrote:
Thank you so much! That really cleared things up. Made the modifications and was a huge improvement. I really appreciate all the effort you put into these builds/guides and all the help you provide responding on the forums.
No problem!

Feel free to ask me if you have any other questions! Also please let me know where I should add this.. should I add a CI section? Or maybe do it in budget gearing before low life? The problem is I'm out of wording.. There's a 50,000 character limit and I've damn near reached it.
"
Malfetus wrote:
Hey Havoc, awesome guide and thanks for being active in here/answering questions. I just switched over from a LL miner so had a bunch of the prerequisite gear good to go already.

With that said, starting from 0 to 100 with a build, even as an experienced POE player, you tend to miss certain things along the way. I'm about to have an influx of another 7ex and just wanted to know what the most optimal next steps were and if I made any glaring mistakes along the way. I'm sitting on 7.5k ES which I know is a bit low but not sure if that's the priority.

Hello!

Thank you very much!

That is actually the SAME thing my friend is doing right now!!

So I would HIGHLY suggest -
FIRST: Cap your chaos resistance if you feel squishy since you are only at 16%, don't forget about Primsatic Catalysts on Presence of Chayula for 12%.
Second: I would get an Empower level 4 gem.. you already have the bow, so this would add a TON of damage.
I see you are using a Basalt Flask, I am very sorry - I forgot to update the Flasks on the gear, which it has been done now!
Change the Basalt Flask to a Jade Flask

The last thing is not going to be cheap.
It would be to maximize damage in your helmet / gloves by looking for influences for -9% Chaos Resist for helm, and % Chaos Damage Over Time Multi on gloves (Pref Fingerless Silk but more expensive...?)
And then after or before this, Awakened Gems.
Last edited by Havoc209 on Jul 9, 2020, 2:57:49 PM
"
Havoc209 wrote:

"
Malfetus wrote:

Hello!

Thank you very much!

That is actually the SAME thing my friend is doing right now!!

So I would HIGHLY suggest -
FIRST: Cap your chaos resistance if you feel squishy since you are only at 16%, don't forget about Primsatic Catalysts on Presence of Chayula for 12%.
Second: I would get an Empower level 4 gem.. you already have the bow, so this would add a TON of damage.
I see you are using a Basalt Flask, I am very sorry - I forgot to update the Flasks on the gear, which it has been done now!
Change the Basalt Flask to a Jade Flask

The last thing is not going to be cheap.
It would be to maximize damage in your helmet / gloves by looking for influences gloves for -9% Chaos Resist for helm, and % Chaos Damage Over Time Multi on gloves, it is not cheap after these steps
And then after or before this, Awakened Gems.

Yeah I'm totally good on DPS right now, it honestly deletes bosses - I'm definitely gonna focus on the chaos res (maybe at the cost of aspect of the spider for now) as that seems to be the only thing I'm really dying to. I'll change the flask asap as well, thank you.

Edit: Made the changes, chaos res capped and approaching 8k ES, bought a nice pair of gloves and everything fell into place and was able to keep aspect of the spider. Thanks again dude, https://pastebin.com/LTs6eicx

Edit 2: After testing, this build is god-tier if you dump in the 25-40ex. It's an excellent stepping stone from league starters with a 10-15ex cap; Excellent alternative to going down the currency rabbit hole of COC ice nova assassin or foregoing most defenses with BV poison assassin

Edit 3: Just did A8 Sirus safe and deathless, took a little bit longer than what I'm accustomed to but it was super low-stress. Conclusion: 10/10 build would dump all my currency again.
Last edited by Malfetus on Jul 9, 2020, 4:50:59 PM
Hi, loving this build so far. Can you advise on what are the next things to upgrade?
https://pastebin.com/sW59C5BJ
"
Malfetus wrote:

Edit 3: Just did A8 Sirus safe and deathless, took a little bit longer than what I'm accustomed to but it was super low-stress. Conclusion: 10/10 build would dump all my currency again.
Thank you for sharing, that makes me extremely happy!! :D
"
Viridian101 wrote:
Hi, loving this build so far. Can you advise on what are the next things to upgrade?
https://pastebin.com/sW59C5BJ
Hello!

I would FIRST: Change your Basalt Flask to a Jade Flask, change your Eternal Life Flask for a Sulphur Flask.

Next: focus on getting on either getting the bow or Empower 3 or 4, it also looks like you are missing Aspect of the Spider which helps a TON.

Change your Ascendancy since you have a Presence of Chayula - remove "Escape Artist" and grab "Swift Killer"

From here it just starts to take a lot of currency, the bow is ~7-10 exalts, empower 4 is around 4, you need Tranquility on your amulet, also need to cap your Cold Resist.
Is awakened swift affliction worth it? It's more dps, but the extreme shortening of skill duration means you have less total damage.

Thoughts?
I did want to do an update post.

I did not realize the skills in the Pastebin were so confusing, I had someone help me, and give me an idea of how to label them properly.
The Harvest - Fork Leveling Pastebins have been removed, and replaced with a final Leveling Pastebin now to clear the confusion of so many pastebins, I still need to work on the full-low life pastebin to update it to 3.11, and any updated changes I find, but everything is the same.

"
Kurnis wrote:
Is awakened swift affliction worth it? It's more dps, but the extreme shortening of skill duration means you have less total damage.

Thoughts?
Hi, yes although it gives Essence Drain a shorter skill duration, I still think it is worth picking up because it is almost 50% MORE damage.. that is a a lot of damage!

Also you can just use another Essence Drain when the skill falls off, it does last quite a bit of time already!
Last edited by Havoc209 on Jul 11, 2020, 10:48:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info