[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

I think all Chaos Dot builds will always suffer from subpar Boss DPS - at least compared to builds with millions of dps. That is just how the nature of Chaos Spells is with their very, very few avenues of scaling the dps. (no crit, not cast/attackspeed, no scaling via pen, no conversion etc)

This means one of the main ways to scale SpellDot dps is the GemLevel.

Now add up all the possible ways to get spelllevel going (double corrupted shavs, +1/+1 all weapon (all spell, all chaos) and an amulet) - and that is it. +/- a couple spelldamage or chaos multi rolls.

If you can't afford this stuff (and lets be real, most people can't) you are stuck with way less dps then that.

This is the current state of ChaosDot skills.

I even tried out some very out there options with
- those are 1 node Voices worth about ~3 Mirrors each but the dps scaling for chaos skills has a very low ceiling.

And tbh that is okay. They have a lot of other benefits.

I would try to make people understand that first and foremost and help them with other aspects of their characters before trying to pob warrior +gemlevels.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jun 30, 2020, 9:56:33 AM
Played this build in delirium, got REKT hard because I didn't cap chaos resist. I could clear maps really quickly but I felt like a really fragile glass cannon.

I tried other builds but they don't quite work well for me, so now I'm giving this build a second try, trying to cap chaos resist this time.

Still at the post-act 10 section, running CI, and farming T3-5 maps for currency towards a Shavronne's so I can spec into a low-life build, allowing me to run the auras and aspect of spider.

I just want to say I love this build man. Gives me the high I need when clearing maps.

Here's my current gear if you're interested. Got really lucky with resists and just working with whatever I picked up.

Last edited by Pohinthecube on Jul 1, 2020, 12:25:23 PM
Hello, I never successfully leveled an essence drain character. Are there any leveling tips? maybe a spell slinger options to make it smoother??
"
Kiyopon wrote:
Hello, I never successfully leveled an essence drain character. Are there any leveling tips? maybe a spell slinger options to make it smoother??

try levelling with bane? His POB details it quite well. Bane clears mobs in an AOE really quickly, and gives some bit of leech as well
"
Kiyopon wrote:
maybe a spell slinger options to make it smoother??
There is a spell slinger note under "act 1-10 levelling" in the guide, check if that helps you?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Kiyopon wrote:
maybe a spell slinger options to make it smoother??
There is a spell slinger note under "act 1-10 levelling" in the guide, check if that helps you?

Ahh I clearly didn't see that. Thanks.
Last edited by Kiyopon on Jul 1, 2020, 2:24:24 PM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Bane can definitively reach 3Mil on "reasonable budget" now imo. The question is just to define what a reasonable budget is! The ease of crafting amulets with +2 gems anc haos multi in hervest is a pretty significant bufff to all chaos dot builds after all ^^
I do have to say though, trying to learn all the knowledge for a new player is extremely hard enough right now with how much there is in the game.
The harvest crafting is a little bit overwhelming for some people, especially at first.
So that's why I have kept some stuff I have the same, especially not really touching Cluster Jewels, I will most likely add some this league due to some talent points being nerfed, but they will be an "option" not a "must-have"
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
I would try to make people understand that first and foremost and help them with other aspects of their characters before trying to pob warrior +gemlevels.
Not sure what you mean, a POB Warrior?

You mean the guys that have 40 Mil DPS on PoB?
"
Pohinthecube wrote:
Yeah Chaos Resist is HUGE, I didn't realize it either until I capped itq. It's really hard to cap but if you sacrifice a few pieces of gear it's worth.

I suggest buying an Essence Drain 21 and maybe a better body armour with about 400 Energy Shield, maybe even an Empower 2 or 3 if you can get your hands on it.
These will be pretty big to change!

Only suggestions. Everything is looking solid!
"
Kiyopon wrote:
Hi!
Yeah I have detailed Bane leveling as Pohinthecube suggests, and as well as a Spellslinger guide under Act 1-10 at the VERY End called "HARVEST TESTING - Spellslinger.
I've heard Spellslinger is much better than Bane for leveling, but I have not tested it yet so I cannot say.
Thought the build looked cool. Put loads of ex in it, i just straight up get rekt in red maps. (8k ES btw)
Last edited by GGorebachev on Jul 1, 2020, 11:40:45 PM
"
GGorebachev wrote:
Thought the build looked cool. Put loads of ex in it, i just straight up get rekt in red maps. (8k ES btw)

Hi

Just pulled up your character

Did you set setup exactly like was recommended?

Looking at your PoB, you don't have half of the skills we are using
You aren't using any recommended flasks other than Witchfire Brew?

You also don't even have Pain Attunement

Also not sure where you are getting 8K ES - I only see you have 6526 with 51% Chaos Resistance.

Hi Havoc, thanks for the reply. Must not have been updated properly. Can you try again please?

Chaos is not capped yet, true.

Is there a big turning point for defence, item wise or skillpoint wise?

Thanks!

Edit: I can't use Zealotry yet due to low skillpoints. Not sure whether this has an impact on staying alive. The ES is with 21 Disc.

Maybe i also need to adjust my playstyle heavily. I do not have a lot of practice with ranged caster types.
Last edited by GGorebachev on Jul 2, 2020, 2:46:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info