[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Xentrox wrote:
im on act 4, beast area, and im getting completely deleted by everything. im running dual wands with a tab, goldrim, and wanderlust, everything slotted correctlu as per POB.

All gems are level 1 also as per POB. the damage i am doing is definately not high at all. its taking about 1 second for each mob to die, and bossing is very very very not great.

Gear below:

i believe they only lvl 1 in PoB so we can see which lvl you can get them or what the minimum dmg is... your'e suppose to lvl your gems towards what the after campaign gem lvls
"
"
Xentrox wrote:
im on act 4, beast area, and im getting completely deleted by everything. im running dual wands with a tab, goldrim, and wanderlust, everything slotted correctlu as per POB.

All gems are level 1 also as per POB. the damage i am doing is definately not high at all. its taking about 1 second for each mob to die, and bossing is very very very not great.

Gear below:

i believe they only lvl 1 in PoB so we can see which lvl you can get them or what the minimum dmg is... your'e suppose to lvl your gems towards what the after campaign gem lvls

I went to the "Ron Burgundy" school of POE builds, whatever you put on there, i will do.
In your lowlife pob version you use 5 skills in your helmet. I asume there is 1 skill too much over there?
"
Xentrox wrote:
I went to the "Ron Burgundy" school of POE builds, whatever you put on there, i will do.
This sure must be some elaborate joke...?
Yo thank you for this build, it's really good so far :)

One noob question if I may, we use Malevolence and Zealotry auras (mana pool)... but both use 50%. Is it possible to use them both before getting -reserved on skill tree?
Last edited by Victtorius on Jun 29, 2020, 4:20:23 PM
I'm really digging this so far, I've never used Bane before but so far I like it quite a bit. Is it possible to use Bane into endgame or is it just too weak compared to ED + Contagion? It seems like it could do single target quite well, I was thinking Bane + Contagion or something. I don't really play chaos builds so am not sure. But the curse stacking gives a like 200% more multiplier on Bane and the base damage seems pretty good at like almost 900.

Edit: Seems like I would need to go Occultist to bring this into endgame.
Last edited by KanameChidori on Jun 30, 2020, 1:11:38 AM
"
Xentrox wrote:
Hi

Do you actually need help?
"
Deadlyshine wrote:
In your lowlife pob version you use 5 skills in your helmet. I asume there is 1 skill too much over there?
Hi!

Yes, the Summon Skitterbots is not used really.
It is only used for the big end game bosses like Sirus / Uber Elder / Shaper etc.

"
Victtorius wrote:
Yo thank you for this build, it's really good so far :)

One noob question if I may, we use Malevolence and Zealotry auras (mana pool)... but both use 50%. Is it possible to use them both before getting -reserved on skill tree?
Hi!

Not a noob question at all!
The only possible way is to get the -reserved mana on the skill tree, unfortunately
"
KanameChidori wrote:
I'm really digging this so far, I've never used Bane before but so far I like it quite a bit. Is it possible to use Bane into endgame or is it just too weak compared to ED + Contagion? It seems like it could do single target quite well, I was thinking Bane + Contagion or something. I don't really play chaos builds so am not sure. But the curse stacking gives a like 200% more multiplier on Bane and the base damage seems pretty good at like almost 900.

Edit: Seems like I would need to go Occultist to bring this into endgame.
Hi!

Thank you! Yeah, it is possible and it would be with a Bane Pop Occultist, but I always thought that build was kind of weird.
I've heard it's great for clearing, but terrible for bossing.

Contagion would not really work with Bane, it only spreads Essence Drain. We would need something else to go with it maybe a spell Spellslinger type build with Bane? I would have to theorycraft it.

"
KanameChidori wrote:
But the curse stacking gives a like 200% more multiplier on Bane
It doesn't really. Bane does not benefit from extra curses being on the target (even the auto applied through Vixen's gloves), it only benefits from curses linked to it in the main 6-link, and from the calculations you can see on wiki, these curses linked to it aren't multiplicative, they're additive (in the same way as chaos damage over time multiplier is), so tldr: 1 curse linked to bane is better than an extra support gem, any curse after that gives smaller damage buff than just putting a normal support gem in in like controlled destruction / swift affliction / efficacy / void manipulation etc.

Bane's damage is probably similar to essence drain in end game, with the difference that it doesn't heal you unlike ED, doesn't spread with contagion, and has damage nerfed a lot on hexproof maps unless you're Occultist and can negate it.

The advantage is just ease of use, you don't need 2 button press, you auto apply curses, and you don't need cast speed.

I saw yday someone on reddit post pastebin for a bane build with around ~3 mil dps and I thought "huh that's nice damage" only to open it and see it being POB warriored to oblivion, starting from double corrupted +4 shavs that I heard can be worth a mirror. So yeah...
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Xentrox wrote:
This sure must be some elaborate joke...?

This made me chuckle.

"
Viktranka wrote:

I saw yday someone on reddit post pastebin for a bane build with around ~3 mil dps and I thought "huh that's nice damage" only to open it and see it being POB warriored to oblivion, starting from double corrupted +4 shavs that I heard can be worth a mirror. So yeah...

Bane can definitively reach 3Mil on "reasonable budget" now imo. The question is just to define what a reasonable budget is! The ease of crafting amulets with +2 gems anc haos multi in hervest is a pretty significant bufff to all chaos dot builds after all ^^

but yeah bane alone kinda blows for bossing, and bane pop even more.
I have to say, I like the approach MBX did on this one, for once. Weaponswapping the obliteration out for an ed bow is a very good use of a weaponswap, and allows you to reach 3-5 Mil dps without too much hassle, it's actually pretty good.
That said, reminder that bane snapshots the debuff on weaponswap, so on any ED build, if you weaponswap a bane bow, you double your dps too...
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
The question is just to define what a reasonable budget is! The ease of crafting amulets with +2 gems anc haos multi in hervest is a pretty significant bufff to all chaos dot builds after all ^^
Is this something an average player can do? I.e. without resorting to buying 3rd party bench crafts in harvest (risk of item being stolen) or spending tons of currency for seed buy orders?

Spoiler
This was the bane pastebin I was talking about: https://pastebin.com/HHcLHtNf
But medium jewels have to be edited from +5% to +4% due to nerf in 3.11 otherwise they don't show.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info