[3.10] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Full Simulacrum Clear)

How is this possible? I cant see why my Vortex heart is so good DPS-wise compared to Foe Beads
https://imgur.com/a/uetL6x5
"
YaBwoiFelix wrote:
How is this possible? I cant see why my Vortex heart is so good DPS-wise compared to Foe Beads
https://imgur.com/a/uetL6x5

Well Vortex heart has a Whispers of Doom enchant to give you +1 Curse and Foe Beads doesn't!!

You seem to be using both ele weakness (glove corruption) and flammability so you are utilising the +1 curse. I'm sure if you add the Amulet Anointment to your other amulet you'll see it pulls ahead.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Apr 24, 2020, 9:47:39 AM
Hello, everyone!
I'm kinda like totem builds and trying this build in delirium league. For now my character is lvl 93 and I'm having some problems with end-game content.

So I was wondering, if you can give me some advice about problems I have:
* I tried Sirus couple of times, first stages I have no problems with, but in last stage his ray is instakilling me :(
* On high level (T15-T16) maps it's common to me to die at least once per two maps, mostly from large quantity of mobs

I was thinking of ways to improve my survivability, I did some changes (chaos resistance, block chance), but now I don't have a clue what to change and starting to think it's that character limitations or that I need some bogus gear...

Anyway - here is my tree:
* poe tree - https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.10.1/AAAABAUCAQOaBAcEUQSzBUIHHgj0DkgQWBGWFm8W8xo4HNwdFB8CHxgi9CY8J4MpDyoLKhMrJiycL50y0TNsNsU5SToWQZZDyEVHRZ1G_klRTLNOrk8EUDBR-1NSVUtVxlhtWfNaK1ugXfJh4mQzZJ1mVGaeaFpo8mobakNsC20ZcFJyD3wOf8aCm4Pbg_OFMoaCh2WJ04w2jmSPGo9Gj_qQVZMnlG-VLprgoS-iAKPypwinVa07rhKus67_r42xNrb6vOq-isBmwxPHpM0W0B_Q9dWm2CTjauvu6_Xv6_Af8NXyHfem-tL-sw==?accountName=dudeeer&realm=pc&characterName=%D0%91%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4
* pob link - http://poeurl.com/cRgH
And here is my character on poe - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dudeeer/characters?characterName=Бредодедобред

I would be glad to hear any comment, thanks!

PS Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language :)
Last edited by dudeeer on Apr 24, 2020, 2:00:21 PM
Hi Dudeeer,

Your English is very good so no need to apologise for it!!

I can see a few places where you could get some more damage that might help with you not being swarmed as much in high tier maps.

Firstly, see if you can try to get a pair of boots with either the crit chance if you haven't crit recently enchant or elemental penetration if you haven't killed recently enchant. Both are pretty big DPS upgrades and the leech enchant isn't really doing anything for you. It may be cheaper to buy a pair of "badly rolled" boots with the enchant and then use essences of Zeal to get movement speed guaranteed.

I'd try and save up for a 21/20 Holy Flame Totem skill gem. It's a pretty big damage boost and seem like they might only be 10 or 15 chaos!

Quite a few of your skill gems in your Holy Flame totem setup don't have quality. If you flip them to 1/20 and then re-level them that will be a bit of a DPS boost too.

The expensive option would be to try and buy 2 circle of anguish rings with increased HoA buff effect and also decreased HoA mana reservation so you no longer need to run the essence worm. That would be a big DPS increase though given how well the rings scale with Lone Messenger. I would probably work towards this if you can.

I've yet to find a totem build that I considered particularly tanky. When it comes to bosses not getting hit tends to be the name of the game. If you can get more DPS in a few places you can sometimes try and tank up a bit more in others to hopefully stop getting one-shot. I'm not experienced with the Sirius fight myself though enough to advise really. It would be worth trying to see if Wallach ever streams at all at the moment. I am sure he can give you good advice on how to deal with the fight.

Good luck anyway. Hope some of the above helps.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Apr 24, 2020, 4:52:04 PM
Hello, DrHarvey12!

Thank you very much for these advises, they are really helpful (I already changed Holy Flame totem gem, and it gave me good amount of DPS). I'll try to get boots with right enchant and work towards second circle of anguish (I thought of it, but it's mean that I must change clear mind too, need to do some planning in pob). But right now I'm more concerned about damage mitigation, I just can't figure it out where to get another layer of mitigation, or what to improve in current defense...
I'm only in the leveling process atm but am curious which type cluster jewels would be the best? At first glance a medium cluster or crit seems like the only one I would consider, with like:Pressure Points,Precise Commander,Quick Getaway.

Or Calamitous Visions visions be best as as stand alone jewel for Lone messenger?

"
dudeeer wrote:

But right now I'm more concerned about damage mitigation, I just can't figure it out where to get another layer of mitigation, or what to improve in current

Yeah, I'm not too sure that there is much of one!

One person was using a Skin of the Lords which gives no stats itself but then has a global 100% increase to defensive mods such as armour, ES & evasion. If you get a lot of pieces with armour on them and use this chest as well as a granite flask of iron skin then you are probably going to have a decent amount of armour to put into a vaal molten shell which should make you quite a bit tankier providing you can work around it's cooldown. Skin of the Loyal gives you + levels to socketed gems so you get a damage boost as well.

I was trying to play around with a CI setup for this using a memory vault to get super tanky but was really struggling to get it to work without insane gear. It's a possibility though and being chaos immune with a large amount of armour for a big vaal molten shell seems quite nice on paper. In practice you usually end up losing quite a bit of damage to fit all the ES modes in but it is doable; just very expensive and requires a few work arounds. The biggest DPS loss is not using Lone Messenger anymore.

With regards to bossing I think it just comes down to learning the fight as well as you can. You see vids of people doing Sirius without ever really getting hit and I guess if you get enough practice you might be able to dodge better. Plus with extra damage the fight should be shorter too.

And whilst I don't necessarily want to force a massive change on you freezing pulse totems is just a safer playstlye IMO. Most things are instantly frozen and shattered meaning no porcupine issues and frozen things can't really hit you!!! You get to be unaffected by all curses too and the damage is at the high budget end likely to be a bit higher than HFT. Might be something to consider for next league if you want to try something new. Saying that the build still isn't really any tankier than HFT; actually it probably has a little less EHP since you have to use a Soul Mantle. But it does have the added defensive layer of things being frozen which you mention you are looking for.

Anyway, good luck - I am not really playing the league myself atm. I never even really got round to trying out my HFT Hiero although I did buy all the gear and have played it a bit before. I'll be back in a week or two to give it a go though once my Borderlands 3 fix has been filled :)
"
dudeeer wrote:
Hello, DrHarvey12!

But right now I'm more concerned about damage mitigation, I just can't figure it out where to get another layer of mitigation, or what to improve in current defense...

I'm use Blind Gloves and a second curse with enfeeble. A big key is With MOM make sure your mana is at least 66% + a couple hundred of your health
Thank you for tour suggestions, I'll look into using Skin of the Lords, Enfeeble and more mana for MOM.

For now I upgraded some of my gear and upped DPS to around 1mil, I even defeated Sirius once at awakened lvl 6 :) so it's really helped or maybe I become more experienced with that boss fight.

I'm currently thinking about dropping MOM entirely (or to 10%) and using some aura or blasphemy instead. Also changing helm enchant for 2 additional projectiles.
gg build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info