[3.10] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Full Simulacrum Clear)

@Tuan173
Great budget gear (I still use it in yellow maps personnally)

The rest of your gear is rare so it's quite easy to get capped on res.
I dropped this one, I think the stats are goodenough. You can find cheap ones like that in trade for very few chaos
Last edited by DoYouEvenPrayz on Apr 7, 2020, 1:05:47 PM
REALLY digging this build. I've tried tons of other builds over the past couple leagues trying to get out of my comfort zone and this one has been my favorite so far. I think I might be a totem player now?

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for putting this together!

Crafted this bad boy today for my build!

Still need to tweak some of the gear but this build has been super fun to minmax!

Just starting to put this build together I rolled a sexy ass shield but no totem......

1 free suffix available.

Just messing around with Chaos spamming.

Can you have a look at my gear and suggest some upgrades?

I know I still need Totem shield.
Last edited by LockedGoblin689 on Apr 9, 2020, 4:37:24 PM
Questions.

1. Lvl 4 empower no-go? Thought it would boost DPS a fuck ton cause totems and minions scale good with empower.

2. Can u go full ES?

3. Can u take anger and then get watchers eye with 40%phys converted? And then ure stille able to do Chaos dmg if get % elemental as extra chaos rolls?
Hi

Great build man, followed it and at lvl89 now.
Some content really just melts with this build, lots of fun, but I am battling a bit with the delirium cloud stages where those little red ones one shot me, quite often.

Would it be worth dropping heartseeker enchant to try for more defensive maybe, or perhaps immortal call?

Thanks
"
Eelbrook wrote:
Questions.

1. Lvl 4 empower no-go? Thought it would boost DPS a fuck ton cause totems and minions scale good with empower.

2. Can u go full ES?

3. Can u take anger and then get watchers eye with 40%phys converted? And then ure stille able to do Chaos dmg if get % elemental as extra chaos rolls?

Just my opinion.

1. Level 4 Empower is probably better than some supports. Either Added Fire or Combustion; especially if you are already using Combuistion in a WoC Spell totem setup and have various other forms of added fire. Awakened Added Fire lvl 5 may be more though as it gives +1 to fire skill gems.

2. I'm sure you can. Should you? Probably not! This build has great synergies with going MoM as Hierophant gets free Transfiguration of Mind and 40% MoM. I am fairly certain MoM only protects life so it's pretty hard to utilise it even if you go hybrid. You might be able to go MoM + EB and then you get to reserve all (or most) of your mana. This stops you gaining arcane surge easily but there is a cluster jewel that gives a lvl 1 version so it's an option. You'd lose the Lone Messenger keystone though which does provide a lot of DPS if you invest fully in Circle of Anguish rings. Being able to run HoA + Zealotry + Anger and have a Watcher's Eye may make up for that though and would be a different (although not necessarily better) way to try and build HFT.

3. There is 25% fire conversion from phys on the tree and then crafting another 25% would get you full conversion without having the drawbacks of AoF. There are already good options on wands / sceptres even when unable to utilise Ele as Chaos rolls. Again, it's an option. You'd need to PoB to work out if it's worth it. I definitely wouldn't want to run Anger and then just have a Watcher's Eye that coverts phys to fire. It's a good pickup if your Watcher's Eye is already giving you something else too but seems pretty bad on it's own. Again, you would lose the Lone Messenger keystone so that's a big DPS loss if you build the way the guide recommends.

The great thing about PoE is you can do just about anything and make it work. Have fun and experiment if that's what you enjoy :) If you want something that works really well and is already pretty well optimised then following the guide is a good way to ensure your build will work well and have a good mix of defense and damage.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Apr 10, 2020, 1:51:52 PM
Ahh allright..

But just one more question. to anyone trying this build..

How is it?

Melting bosses?

Compared to other totems?
"
Eelbrook wrote:

If you want to dump some serious currency into a build then I would probably follow Wallach's Freeze Pulse totems guide. The damage scaling on freeze pulse is very high with investment.

Freeze Pulse also has the benefit of being curse immune, freezing and shattering pretty much everything and offscreens hard with proj speed scaling. You can also use a Cowards Legacyy Belt to enable low life and grab pain attunement as well as making use of Watcher's eyes with 2 or 3 mods if you have the currency to invest in them.

I've not played Divine Ire totems or Arc totems but those would be the 2 main ones I would try besides HFT and Freezing Pulse. I don't think anything competes with Freezing Pulse when it comes to having such a high boss damage and still having arguably the best clear as well. Plus the defensive aspect of everything being frozen and shattering.

However HFT is great for the currency investment. With Lone Messenger you get very good scaling with Circle of Anguish rings and you aren't locked into going for Atziri's Reflection and a 6-link Soul Mantle if you want to try and min-max.

There was a guy on the last page (Alex) who said he managed to kill Uber Elder and complete full simulacrum runs with his HFT setup this league so I'm fairly certain it doesn't lack damage. His gear was definitely high end though. I'm hoping to get my build up and running in about a week and then I'm looking forward to throwing it at some Simulacrums!!
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Apr 12, 2020, 4:07:58 PM
Just killed awakener 8 Sirius, I had 1 portal left because I'm a casual noob who cannot dodge...

My items are pretty trash, almost every single piece of gear I have I got for around 50 chaos each except the amulet which cost me a little over 1 ex (Failed -> thought I needed totem placement speed on it, but it should have projectile speed&damage), the shield was a little less than an ex and armor I self linked which cost me around 750 fusings + base was 50 chaos.

The only jewels that cost anything substantial were mind over matter at 60 chaos and another 70 chaos for +dex/str, fire damage and crit multi with fire skills jewel as I was lacking over 20 dex, cluster jewel I crafted myself, took around 20 chaos worth of alts/alchs/scours and the base for it was 5 chaos.

All gem qualities and levels + HFT level 21 were self farmed.

I haven't even annointed the amulet because I was too lazy.

TLDR: Even without optimal gear you can dish out enough damage for awakened 8 Sirius and thanks to high health/mana won't get oneshot. Basically can do all mapping content (even if you're shit at dodging like me) with around 5 ex budget (Probably even less as normally there is no delirium), great for starting out in a league.

If you plan on investing more than 10ex into a totem build then I'd go with freezing pulse totems simply because it freezes which makes your life a lot easier.

Wow I suck at writing, even the tldr became a wall of text.

Last edited by grindcube on Apr 13, 2020, 4:17:27 PM
"
Eelbrook wrote:
Ahh allright..

But just one more question. to anyone trying this build..

How is it?

Melting bosses?

Is ~1.2 million tooltip DPS per totem enough for you?(actual should be higher with penetration, exposure and flammability)
Last edited by alex_disp on Apr 13, 2020, 10:05:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info