[3.10] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Full Simulacrum Clear)

Thanks for the update, I appreciate the work. Really looking forward to trying this build this league.
Great guide! I plan to follow your FP build, but I think I will level with this setup until I can afford to switch over (will level relevant FP gems on swap).

I figure when I get my hands on 2x threshold jewels and a soul mantle, that will be a good time to swap over. The trees are very close and leveling on this build sounds smoother for league start.

I noticed that your gem links suggested in the A1 leveling section recommends a 4L for holy flame totem; which 3 are the best to fit in a starter wand?

Thanks for the guides, and I look forward to league starting/league crushing on your builds!
Glad to see the update! I was already planning on trying out Holy Flame Totem for the first time this league but it will be great to follow your progress as you stream.

I noticed on the old thread people were asking about viability in SSF and I was also curious about this. So I modified the PoB to reflect what it would look like with pretty minimal gear (similar to what you did in your video):

Removed:
- multi-modded weapon
- shaper crit chest armour
- shaper 6 link gloves
- crit enchant on boots
- elder extra phys as fire dmg amulet
- essence wyrm/circle of anguish rings
- wise oak flask

With my config this brings it down to ~236k per totem (still over 1M shaper dps) - which still seems viable, especially starting out. However this still assumes a +1 totem shield - I didn't really play last league, how do we get shaper influenced gear in the new atlas now? Does it only drop from Shaper himself?

Another option is to add a Malachai's Artifice with Lightning Golem which should be able to apply EE on bosses. This appears to be a huge dps upgrade on bosses (can't expect all trash mobs to be hit, but that's not needed) and good alternative if we don't have Essence Wyrm and/or Circle of Anguish. This brings our totem dps to ~312k

Another option I played around with is adding Fire Trap + Charged Traps + Multiple Traps + Cluster Traps to generate power/frenzy charges (can also use Pyroclast Mine if you prefer mines). This would potentially allow us to drop Conviction of Power. In quick testing on Standard it seemed to work pretty well, but it's hard to find a spot to fit it into the build sadly when we're already casting Flammability + Wave of Conviction Totems. Plus we don't have an amazing alternative to Conviction of Power - Sanctuary of Thought is nice for the extra ES (if you don't go Agnostic) but unsure it's worth the trouble.

Looking forward to SSF league starting with this!
Last edited by serenitylost on Mar 13, 2020, 12:40:35 AM
"
serenitylost wrote:
Glad to see the update! I was already planning on trying out Holy Flame Totem for the first time this league but it will be great to follow your progress as you stream.

I noticed on the old thread people were asking about viability in SSF and I was also curious about this. So I modified the PoB to reflect what it would look like with pretty minimal gear (similar to what you did in your video):

Removed:
- multi-modded weapon
- shaper crit chest armour
- shaper 6 link gloves
- crit enchant on boots
- elder extra phys as fire dmg amulet
- essence wyrm/circle of anguish rings
- wise oak flask

With my config this brings it down to ~236k per totem (still over 1M shaper dps) - which still seems viable, especially starting out. However this still assumes a +1 totem shield - I didn't really play last league, how do we get shaper influenced gear in the new atlas now? Does it only drop from Shaper himself?

Another option is to add a Malachai's Artifice with Lightning Golem which should be able to apply EE on bosses. This appears to be a huge dps upgrade on bosses (can't expect all trash mobs to be hit, but that's not needed) and good alternative if we don't have Essence Wyrm and/or Circle of Anguish. This brings our totem dps to ~312k

Another option I played around with is adding Fire Trap + Charged Traps + Multiple Traps + Cluster Traps to generate power/frenzy charges (can also use Pyroclast Mine if you prefer mines). This would potentially allow us to drop Conviction of Power. In quick testing on Standard it seemed to work pretty well, but it's hard to find a spot to fit it into the build sadly when we're already casting Flammability + Wave of Conviction Totems. Plus we don't have an amazing alternative to Conviction of Power - Sanctuary of Thought is nice for the extra ES (if you don't go Agnostic) but unsure it's worth the trouble.

Looking forward to SSF league starting with this!

Interesting ideas; I hate golems but that sounds like a pretty good way to squeeze EE into the build for sure.

As far as Shaper gear, the easiest way is to use the new Shaper Scarabs (Vorici in Intervention), but you can still get them from any Shaper Guardian maps or the Celestial incubators.
TY very much for the new HFT guide Wallach!

I think I will start as ED + Cont in case that ends up being amazing for Delirium encounters and then look to move into this once I focus more on wanting to kill bosses. Plus if ED + Cont isn't as good as I think it will be then rolling this will be a very safe follow up I would imagine!

Hope you have a great league start!
Rip my post, put it in the wrong thread.
Last edited by NoAimNecessary on Mar 13, 2020, 8:51:04 AM
"
Wallach wrote:
As far as Shaper gear, the easiest way is to use the new Shaper Scarabs (Vorici in Intervention), but you can still get them from any Shaper Guardian maps or the Celestial incubators.

Ah, ok. Thanks!
thanks wallach! gonna make it my starter build tonite
Am I just dumb or is there a reason for using Infused Channeling with the totems? It says totems can't gain the buff.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot it has a flat "Supported skills deal x% more damage"
Last edited by Dontkare on Mar 13, 2020, 8:11:11 PM
Used this build last league, very very good build and solid at that. Great job on the build, using it again this league. Real glad you took the time to update this for 3.10. thanks!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info