[3.10] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Full Simulacrum Clear)

"
dudeeer wrote:

I'm currently thinking about dropping MOM entirely (or to 10%) and using some aura or blasphemy instead. Also changing helm enchant for 2 additional projectiles.

The Lone Messenger keystone only allows you to have one herald and no other aura's and now you have invested in Circle of Anguish rings I would be very hesitant to drop Lone Messenger.

Same with MoM. On Hiero it's just very efficient, especially as you have Transfiguration of Mind from the Ascendancy so investing in mana does give some damage as well as EHP.

If you go for the +2 Proj helm enchant you can drop the Rain of Splinters and get an actual DPS jewel or one with more life / mana. No reason not to try it out and see if you miss the DPS from your current helm enchant.
First time running HFT and I have a question about the skill tree. I've looked at several builds and all seem to be pretty similar to yours. My question is: why not run down the tree to where you can select Panopticon (but not select that one), likewise, straight up to Breath of Flames, and lastly, lower right where Watch Towers lives. Just curious, and thanks. As an FYI, I am in the epilogue and am getting absolutely SMOKED in maps. I'm L72 with "meh" gear.
Last edited by jesseslash on May 5, 2020, 2:48:22 PM
"
jesseslash wrote:
My question is: why not run down the tree to where you can select Panopticon (but not select that one), likewise, straight up to Breath of Flames, and lastly, lower right where Watch Towers lives.

There are more efficient damage nodes that are much closer to where we start. You usually want to keep travel to a minimum so there is no way you will be pathing from Templar to the bottom of Duelist for Panopticon or to the Ranger area for Watchtowers. Neither are actually that good for the build anyway.

Breath of Flames is even not that point efficient compared to other nodes that the OP gets in his guide. I would just follow Wallach's routing until you get to level 90+ and then maybe change it round a bit if you want to experiment. His routing is pretty good though and doesn't really need any changes IMO. There are a few things you can incorporate into the build though like using a Thread of Hope at Templar.

Your characters aren't visible on your profile so it's hard to know why you are struggling in maps. I assume getting smoked means you are dying a lot? Anyway, check your gear has life rolls of 70+ everywhere you can. Also make sure all your elemental resistances are 75% or over. Chaos resistance doesn't matter too much but getting some is always worth it if you can; just not at the expense of your elemental resistances.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on May 7, 2020, 10:08:44 AM
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
"
jesseslash wrote:
My question is: why not run down the tree to where you can select Panopticon (but not select that one), likewise, straight up to Breath of Flames, and lastly, lower right where Watch Towers lives.

There are more efficient damage nodes that are much closer to where we start. You usually want to keep travel to a minimum so there is no way you will be pathing from Templar to the bottom of Duelist for Panopticon or to the Ranger area for Watchtowers. Neither are actually that good for the build anyway.

Breath of Flames is even not that point efficient compared to other nodes that the OP gets in his guide. I would just follow Wallach's routing until you get to level 90+ and then maybe change it round a bit if you want to experiment. His routing is pretty good though and doesn't really need any changes IMO. There are a few things you can incorporate into the build though like using a Thread of Hope at Templar.

Your characters aren't visible on your profile so it's hard to know why you are struggling in maps. I assume getting smoked means you are dying a lot? Anyway, check your gear has life rolls of 70+ everywhere you can. Also make sure all your elemental resistances are 75% or over. Chaos resistance doesn't matter too much but getting some is always worth it if you can; just not at the expense of your elemental resistances.

I was having issues connecting my Steam account to this page. Fixed. Although I've been playing for some time, I consider myself a noob, for sure. This game is hugely complex. Still trying to get my brain wrapped around it, honestly. Check out my Hierophant, but don't laugh!
Looks like you're characters are not public yet Jesse. In order to make it so we can see them the below steps should be what is required:

Log into pathofexile.com and go to your account page by clicking your username in the top left. On the right hand side click on privacy settings and untick the box labeled "hide characters tab".

Last edited by DrHarvey12 on May 8, 2020, 2:06:17 AM
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:

The Lone Messenger keystone only allows you to have one herald and no other aura's and now you have invested in Circle of Anguish rings I would be very hesitant to drop Lone Messenger.

Same with MoM. On Hiero it's just very efficient, especially as you have Transfiguration of Mind from the Ascendancy so investing in mana does give some damage as well as EHP.

If you go for the +2 Proj helm enchant you can drop the Rain of Splinters and get an actual DPS jewel or one with more life / mana. No reason not to try it out and see if you miss the DPS from your current helm enchant.

Good day!

Yes you got very good point on auras and MoM. But the thing with MoM is that in critical situation mana drop to 0 is very unpleasant, basically leaves me without chances to escape or attack. But benefit to eHP from MoM is very good.

And for auras I'm not quite sure what effect on DPS Lone Messenger really does, POB not picking it up :(

So I changed few things around for my char:
* Got helmet with more life and +2 proj enchant
* Dropped cluster jewels for fire damage and chaos resist
* Taken path down to jewel socket and Constitution for more HP
* Anoint amulet to Cleansed Thoughts to max out chaos res

For now my char is definitely more viable, I can even do Sirius on 8 awakening lvl, like 50% of time, with around of 4-5 deaths :'D
"
dudeeer wrote:

And for auras I'm not quite sure what effect on DPS Lone Messenger really does, POB not picking it up :(

That's weird. My PoB calculates Lone Messenger to be a 22.2% DPS increase for me. Adding Zealotry would only be a 13% increase so Lone Messenger still seems good value for me at least. I am on the PoB fork; are you still on Open Arls's "normal" version? Might be worth switching to the fork if you are.

Anyway, glad you have been able to experiment with your build. Having capped chaos res sounds really nice!! I'm looking forward to throwing myself at Sirius soon. Just a couple more things to buy and then I should be done. I'm not expecting to be tanky though - just hoping that the damage feels ok.
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:

That's weird. My PoB calculates Lone Messenger to be a 22.2% DPS increase for me. Adding Zealotry would only be a 13% increase so Lone Messenger still seems good value for me at least. I am on the PoB fork; are you still on Open Arls's "normal" version? Might be worth switching to the fork if you are.

Thanks! That was the case, switched to fork. I've tried it some time ago but no luck, it just started normal version for some reason, but now it works. Really lone messenger gives around 20% DPS, now will fiddle around in PoB for some time :)
Nice! Glad you got it sorted :)
im still playing my totem build on and off. got a better armor. I do have to chance my fire resists around. and get some better flasks. but the build feels great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info