3.10 - Blade Blast - Blade Blade Blasting Duo Build

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE US IN-GAME

This is one of two parts of a budget friendly duo build designed by Uniting Wraeclast to be played both as a solo and a duo with few to no changes. All of our builds are quite capable of playing solo and able to clear all content in the game, although when they are paired together their strength multiplies through the power of synergy. We aim to stay to a strict build budget but show premium scaling items. Builds are mainly designed for softcore leagues but can very easily be adapted to hardcore. Please see the below link for a full list of our builds currently available as well as what we have in the works for you.

*Clearing all game content may require non-budget items for some builds.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2092349

This build is currently in progress, this post will be updated with actual in-game gear and information as I progress. You can explode other peoples' lingering blades!

Duo Partner - Cyclone CoC Bladefall

INTRODUCTION

This is the Blade Blast part of the Uniting Wraeclast Blade Blade Blasting duo build!

I have no friends, can this be played solo? Absolutely yes! While designed to synergize with its counterpart build this is more then capable of being played solo.

Blade Blast is a new skill. The Average Hit is the damage per blade that explodes on the target. About 50-60% of the blades will explode on a single target.

VIDEOS

T2 Lab boss kill - day 1 of league
T3 Waterway - Excuse the lag, the servers were not happy at the time but we wanted to get a quick duo video out!
T3 Dunes
Al-Hezmin Conqueror lv70 (Solo)

OVERVIEW

Pros:
+ Disgusting single target damage in duo (600k+ per blade easily achievable)
+ Very tanky, 8k+ EHP, 2200+ regen/leech per second, overleech, fortify, blind, slows
+ Get to use one of the fancy new skills before it gets nerfed

Cons:
- Only mobility is Flame Dash
- Very little physical damage reduction
- Solo clear speed is mediocre until you get OK gear.

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/bB3L7zPD
This uses the LocalIdentity fork. Installation instructions here.

The Path of Building setup includes multiple sets of gear, skill gems, and passive trees. One stop shop for leveling through to end-game.

Chieftain Ascendancy Points: Ngamahu, Flame's Advance -> Hinekora, Death's Fury -> Tasalio, Cleansing Water -> Ramakom Sun's Light

Bandits: Help Alira (15% to all elemental resistances + 15% critical strike multiplier)

Current characters Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/GjKb3g9Q

Path of Building Configuration

Spoiler

Duo partner has Conduit and provides us with all 3 charges.
Duo partner has Vigilant Strike and The Vigil providing us with Fortify.
Duo partner has Zealotry which creates Consecrated Ground

Thread of Hope doesn't take up Passive Points in PoB so keep in mind you have 3 more passives used than it lists.

Glorious Vanity has it's effects on the Jewel in PoB.

Malachai's Artifice has Nearby Enemies have -50% to fire/cold resistance for the Elemental Equilibrium effect.

18% shock is from Summon Skitterbots.

CURRENT CHARACTER

Spoiler
Current character gear and progress
Gear

I got the 6L Cauteriser for 20c. Not optimal colours but it's good enough. Got extremely lucky and 6L Carcass Jack in 90 Jews and 14 Fusings. Picked up the Life Gain on Spell Hit rings today, they are awesome for Delirium, unless I get legit 1-shot I'm almost unkillable at this point. Sitting at 6k life and 1k ES and steamrolling pretty hard. Just got a few T6 drops so going to push into yellows tonight hopefully.

Character Path of Building URL

LINKS AND GEMS

Spoiler

Blade Blast / Bladefall - Bow/2H weapon GBBBBG / GBBBBR
Blade Blast / Bladefall
Intensify
Concentrated Effect
Spell Cascade / Elemental Focus - Spell Cascade for solo on Bladefall.
Controlled Destruction / Spell Echo - Spell Echo for solo on Bladefall
Hypothermia / Empower (lv4) - Take out Controlled Destruction and Hypothermia once you get Empower lv4 and a good bow. Then you

Blade Blast/ Bladefall Totem - Chest GRBBBG
Blade Blast / Bladefall
Spell Totem
Combustion
Concentrated Effect
Elemental Focus
Hypothermia

Mobility/Vaal Haste BBGR
Flame Dash
Arcane Surge
Vaal Haste
Increased Duration

Wave of Conviction and Curses BBBB or BBBG
Wave of Conviction
Curse on Hit
Assassin's Mark
Enfeeble or Temporal Chains

Auras / Cast When Damage Taken RRRB
Herald of Ash
Cast When Damage Taken
Steelskin
Summon Skitterbots

Malachai's Artifice ring B
Storm Brand

Other - I'm not planning on using these but they are an option.
Vaal Righteous Fire

UNIQUES

Spoiler
Malachai's Artifice - Socket Storm Brand in this to provide a massive amount of damage for both builds until you have 2 Circle of Anguish

The Cauteriser - 70% of physical added as fire is an insane amount of power from a 1c item. Culling strike is a nice extra bonus.

Signal Fire quiver - Required to have 100% phys to fire conversion.

Circle of Anguish - As high Buff Effect as possible. Fire damage mod is a bonus.

Soul Tether - Gives overleech and lets us leech energy shield while at full life. Very powerful defensively.

Forbidden Taste - Basically no downside because of our regen/leech. Full health heal is extremely powerful.

The Wise Oak

Glorious Vanity - Doryani jewel
Place this in the jewel near Pain Attunement. Only get this once you are using Soul Tether

Thread of Hope jewel - Very Large
Place this in the jewel near Witch start and take Heart of Flame, Throatseeker, and Critical Strike Multiplier per Power Charge.

LEVELING

Spoiler
If this is your league starter it's going to be a little awkward due to requiring Library quest before you get access to most spell gems/supports. Also you need to save all your low currency (transmutes/alterations/chances/alcs) to buy the gems from the vendor once you've completed the quest.

Level 1-28ish - Molten/Static Strike
Start off using Molten Strike until you get Static Strike at lv12. Take either Strong Arm or Butchery depending on if you are dual wielding or using a 2h weapon. Once you hit 28 get Bladefall and Blade Blast and do the Library Quest to get support gems.

28+ Bladefall / Blade Blast
- Buy a Limbsplit Axe and the Severed Limbs prophecy to make a Cauteriser.
- Buy a Malachai's Artifice ring. As close to 100% lightning resistance as possible. Make sure you don't have any fire damage added to spells (check your Storm Brand in-game)!

SYNERGY DETAILS

Spoiler
This is probably one of the most synergistic duo's in the game. There are a lot of way to scale fire damage and we take advantage of pretty much all of them.

This build provides:
- Ash debuff
- Aspect of the Spider - Requires suffix craft on a piece of gear.
- Skitterbots for 18% shock and 12% chill. Also allows Hypothermia.
- Dual curses (Assassin's Mark and Temporal Chains)
- Unnerve
- Bosses have 25% reduced action speed (chill + temp chains) and 49% reduced movement speed (add in Hinder)
- Hipster Points

Cyclone CoC Bladefall Partner Build
- 100+ blades per second for us to Blast. Theoretical maximum of 300ish with Awakened Spell Cascade + Awakened Cast on Crit + Cooldown Reduction gear but I don't think this is realistic. Not only is it ridiculously expensive but I'm pretty sure the Bladefall spam would kill our computers and the GGG servers.
- Zealotry
- Power, Frenzy, and Endurance Charges
- Enemies take 10% increased elemental damage
- Consecrated Ground
- Blind
- Even more Hipster Points

PLAYSTYLE

There are a couple required gem swaps to switch between Solo and Duo. As solo you want Bladefall in your weapon and use a Blade Blast spell totem. For Duo you can pretty much ignore the totem entirely as it only adds 5 blades per second or so and just focus on Blade Blast and Curses.
Solo
Clear everything with Bladefall. For bosses, hit them with Storm Brand if you're using Malachai's ring, Wave of Conviction, then to go town with Bladefall. After a couple casts summon the Blade Blast totem.

Duo
Follow your partner, if anything doesn't die instantly, use Blade Blast. For bosses, hit them with Storm Brand if you're using Malachai's ring, Wave of Conviction, and start nuking with Blade Blast.

Cyclone CoC Bladefall Partner Build

LUXURY UPGRADES

Spoiler
- Talk about bow stuff
- Talk about amulet stuff
- Empower 4
- Awakened Gems

FAQ

Spoiler
Can I use X item or take X passive? Yes, this is a guide not a dictatorship. Please mold the concepts in this guide to best fit your character and play-style.

I thought you said this was "budget friendly" but you are saying to use a lv4 Empower, + gem level bow, and fire damage Circle of Anguish rings, what gives? These are best in slot items for the build, not requirements. The build functions perfectly well with a Cauteriser 2h Axe, Malachai's Artifice ring, and no empower.

Can we contact you in-game or through messages? Please keep all questions to our forum posts. We check them frequently and will answer all in the threads. I'm happy to help you but it's impossible to play the game while being spammed by questions (most of which are probably answered in this post already).

THE END

Thank you for taking the time to look through our build guide. If you like what you see you can check the link below for other duo builds we’ve made. We will update the guides as we play and hopefully have the time to keep our videos updated as well. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated as well. Please keep all questions/comments to this post and do not message us in-game!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2092349
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Mar 16, 2020, 9:07:21 PM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2020, 7:07:43 PM
** RESERVED FOR FUTURE UPDATES **
Updated a lot.

Removed Animate Weapon since Blade Blast is a fucking nuke!
U can blast only you own lingering blades. U know it? right?
The wording suggests otherwise and I've been unable to get a confirmation either way from GGG.

"
If there are any blades from Ethereal Knives, Bladefall or your own Blade Vortex in the area of effect

I would guess you can only explode your own Blade Vortex but any blades in the ground are fair game, similar to how Desecrate and corpse skills work.
Last edited by Dmillz on Mar 12, 2020, 4:26:19 PM
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784707

it says YOUR lingering blades and blade vortex blades

but u got me Hyped
"
Luckings wrote:
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784707

it says YOUR lingering blades and blade vortex blades

but u got me Hyped

Ya I saw that too, I'm trying to get an answer from GGG but nothing yet. We still plan on yoloing it and hope it works!

If you can't explode other people's lingering blades the entire release text and video makes no sense. They wouldn't have had to specify that you can only detonate your own Blade Vortexes if you couldn't detonate other people for the other skills either. They were very explicit that it was only Blade Vortex at the time. I have hope!
Резерв
"
Ya I saw that too, I'm trying to get an answer from GGG but nothing yet. We still plan on yoloing it and hope it works!

If you can't explode other people's lingering blades the entire release text and video makes no sense. They wouldn't have had to specify that you can only detonate your own Blade Vortexes if you couldn't detonate other people for the other skills either. They were very explicit that it was only Blade Vortex at the time. I have hope!

I will follow this Guide and instantly rerolling if this works.
Have fun!
Last edited by Luckings on Mar 13, 2020, 2:17:45 PM
"Bladefall is very bad for performance. Do not recommend if you have a crappy computer. For reference I use an I7 3.4GHz Quad Core CPU with a Radeon RX 480 graphics card."

I have AMD A-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C + 6G 1.80 GHZ 8 GB RAM

Will my computer crap out with this build?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info