Changes to Spectres and Movement Skills in Path of Exile: Delirium

any chance we'll be seeing:

vapour/ bood/gore /celestial /dark dash MTX?

OR here's a crazy idea: allow us to use flame dash mtx on dash
[Removed by Support]
"
kikeuy wrote:
"Lightning Warp has had its cast time lowered and has a higher value of reduced Skill Effect Duration than before. This makes it easier to invest in but still requires more character investment than other movement skills as a trade-off for having no cooldown."
Salutations exile.

What do u expect from this? I see that as a nerf.

"
Exile009 wrote:
Unless Dash and Frostblink can travel as far as Flame Dash, they're still gonna be outclassed by Flame Dash. And even if they can, the difference in charges means Flame Dash will still be highly tempting. And then you add a support gem that works as well for the stronger movement skills as it does for the weaker ones. How is that meant to change the meta?

Then Lightning Warp - you've just doubled down on what you did last time despite it failing miserably. Have you ever noticed how many people link Arcane Surge to their Flame Dash? Now try doing that with Lightning Warp + Less Duration. No more Arcane Surge. So maybe (MAYBE!) now we won't need Less Duration. But no, Lightning Warp itself also has reduced duration as part of the skill, which will gut your Arcane Surge even then. This skill is still gonna be dead in the water. Just enough with the duration shenanigans already! You have here a skill that by all rights has every advantage over other options but is still barely used because of an forced impediment you've placed on it that so hampers it that people just ignore it completely. And your fix for that is ... more of the same.

Spectre changes sound great tho. Hopefully the AI works well. Kudos on that!

I think they maybe try more people to use it, but in the end its a pure nerf imo. Slower cast sped means slower reaction times. Some other movement gems have better initiation times to move from place..

I am curious how much they nerf cast speed...

Actually they could buff both if goal was to make more players to use it..
Last edited by Rexeos on Mar 5, 2020, 10:53:13 PM
"
narpose wrote:
Second wind seems good at first, but from what I'm reading it adds a cool down, which may seem impractical if you're using a movement skill without a cool down.

It won't add a cooldown if the skill doesn't originally have one.
No fun is allowed (GGG, 2020).
"
I like the extra specters
Do love a balanced army can we get skeleton archers next to the melee and caster ones and maybe a bigger flaming skull kind of minion

Murray?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
The new Second Wind support adds an additional cooldown count to skills that already have a cooldown

Finally! I can use Frost blink!

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
(excluding instant or triggered skills)

Oh no...

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Frostblink ... It can't be supported by Second Wind because it is instant.

So Frostblink still useless with one charge...
Maybe next time -_-
I can FLY!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WDRU/
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We've added over 350 new monster types to the pool of possible monsters which can be used for Spectres. !!(stopped reading due to hype overload - element274)!!

I'm with you man.
Missed Metamorph due to irl, now I'm hyped for this Delirious Spectres League.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Mar 5, 2020, 11:00:25 PM
Gonna have to make a summoner this league for sure. 350 new base types? That's nearly the same amount of demons in the SMT main series. I can't wait to test them all! Well, most of them :3
Last edited by BrownTown86 on Mar 5, 2020, 11:03:37 PM
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
kikeuy wrote:
"Lightning Warp has had its cast time lowered and has a higher value of reduced Skill Effect Duration than before. This makes it easier to invest in but still requires more character investment than other movement skills as a trade-off for having no cooldown."
Salutations exile.

What do u expect from this? I see that as a nerf.

"
Exile009 wrote:
Unless Dash and Frostblink can travel as far as Flame Dash, they're still gonna be outclassed by Flame Dash. And even if they can, the difference in charges means Flame Dash will still be highly tempting. And then you add a support gem that works as well for the stronger movement skills as it does for the weaker ones. How is that meant to change the meta?

Then Lightning Warp - you've just doubled down on what you did last time despite it failing miserably. Have you ever noticed how many people link Arcane Surge to their Flame Dash? Now try doing that with Lightning Warp + Less Duration. No more Arcane Surge. So maybe (MAYBE!) now we won't need Less Duration. But no, Lightning Warp itself also has reduced duration as part of the skill, which will gut your Arcane Surge even then. This skill is still gonna be dead in the water. Just enough with the duration shenanigans already! You have here a skill that by all rights has every advantage over other options but is still barely used because of an forced impediment you've placed on it that so hampers it that people just ignore it completely. And your fix for that is ... more of the same.

Spectre changes sound great tho. Hopefully the AI works well. Kudos on that!

I think they maybe try more people to use it, but in the end its a pure nerf imo. Slower cast sped means slower reaction times. Some other movement gems have better initiation times to move from place..

I am curious how much they nerf cast speed...

Actually they could buff both if goal was to make more players to use it..

You seem to have misunderstood. They haven't lowered the cast speed, but the cast time. That means it now takes less time to cast aka this is effectively an increase in its base cast speed. Fyi, Lightning Warp has a base cast time of 0.8, Flame Dash 0.7. Ever noticed why Flame Dash seems more responsive? Yeah, that's why. By lowering Lightning Warps' cast time, they're making it quicker (to cast, travel time is a different matter, which is where the higher amount of reduced skill effect duration change comes in to speed that up too).
Last edited by Exile009 on Mar 5, 2020, 11:08:38 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:

You seem to have misunderstood. They haven't lowered the cast speed, but the cast time. That means it now takes less time to cast aka this is effectively an increase in its base cast speed. Fyi, Lightning Warp has a base cast time of 0.8, Flame Dash 0.7. Ever noticed why Flame Dash seems more responsive? Yeah, that's why. By lowering Lightning Warps' cast time, they're making it quicker (to cast, travel time is a different matter, which is where the higher amount of reduced skill effect duration change comes in to speed that up too).

Ahaaa!

You are right! Thx a ton for showing me! Really appreciate that.

gl
Last edited by Rexeos on Mar 5, 2020, 11:19:02 PM
Please for the love of god allow whirling blades to cross gaps like dash can. It just makes no sense that it can't do that. It needs this buff badly. If you do this then maybe a lot more people would be using it over leap slam or flame dash.

**EDIT** Also wouldn't hurt to increase the amount of useable weapons with Whirling Blades as it currently only has Daggers Claws and Onehanded Swords available. I can see one handed axes definitely being a fit into this type of skill, maybe even two-handed swords if you think about how Shaolin Monks move while using their weapons.
Last edited by PrinceCuddles on Mar 5, 2020, 11:59:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info