Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

"
"
Splittercore wrote:
I wish someday players gonna start to respect GGG decisions.

If their decision is bad, it's players' right to point that out to developers.

It's good for developers too, as it helps player retention you know.

WE SAW GGG'S VİSİON BEFOR

with tons of mistake and bug after 7 year they gave to players sirus cloud fight if people never say anythng alll player base was still taking organs from ground also game loosing so much player if they do that more they will keep to destroy 4k+ 5k+ player base fun when those player bored and find other game people will start to cry again league death and game death

PLAYERS:THATS BUG RNG SYSTEM NOT WORKİNG
GGG:NERF İT DESTROY İT

TOTTALY GGG PUNİSHİNG EXPERİNCED PLAYER BASE
Perhaps this will be helpful feedback:

When I play ANY RPG, I like to make at least some progress each and every time I play. When I play Path of Exile, it's a gamble. I might die to something unexpected and lose 30 minutes to several hours of progress towards the next level. Not only that, but gear drops are rarely ever an upgrade. You get the basics, farm up currency, and hope for some good trade deals that aren't instantly poached by bots or mods that hardcore traders use to exploit the market.

However, gear doesn't come in incremental stages. I can't do anything to work towards the next step other than farm up enough to trade since I burned out long ago on wall-street simulators and refuse to play the market instead of the game. Some items are too expensive for me to reasonably get in a league, so I am left with low-to-medium rolls on decent gear that is usually appropriate for my build. That ends gearing for the entire league. So what do I have left to progress with? Content. Or at least, that's how it should work.

It is already overly frustrating to die and lose progress, but not getting more level-appropriate maps to even try again is like hitting your head against a brick wall. You don't even get the chance to try and earn back what you lost until you farm up lower tier maps with monsters way below your character level in an attempt to just get back to the starting line. It goes beyond discouraging into the realm of apathy, which leads me to go do something else until I give up for the league entirely.

There needs to be a way for me to stay in the game, stay engaged, and continue to run level-appropriate content even if I screw up. I played standard this league, but even then I could tell the massive difference in my ability to sustain maps and make at least some progress towards more meaningful content via the awakening system. The changes already state that it's being nerfed, so that looks like some really bad news for endgame content and progression.

A lot of people are concerned because mapping is integral to endgame regardless of how much we do or do not enjoy it. There are no alternatives. If you want to run lab all day, that is a completely different type of character build and most people can't run the same tileset every day. If you want to run delve, you still need to do maps and your resources are still gated through dailies and RNG just to access basic delve content. Mapping is a huge deal in this game. Sustaining maps should never be a challenge. When the difficulty of a game is more about accessing content than playing the content, that is where a game stops being fun for a lot of people (myself included). I'm not saying we need everything handed to us on a silver spoon, but if we get into a rut, how do we climb out? There is no other place to level, farm gear, or make endgame progression unless you map. League mechanics are all tied to maps too, so if you want to experience league mechanics then you have to map and map well.

So, if you want to force everyone to map then at least let us have some semblance of progression. In any RPG, but particularly in ARPGs, once you stop moving forward, you are just spinning your wheels and wasting your time. I don't like wasting my time and playing for a session just to end up losing experience, losing the resources I used on maps, and losing the few high level maps I had. That is depressing and disincentivizes me from playing the game.
It's shocking at how much people bitch about an amazing free to play game. If you don't like this then fuck off and go play diablo immortal or some other lame bullshit game. All I read is a bunch of people bitching and it's annoying me. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GGG!
I dont think there will be an issue with map sustain, people just have really bad memories of not being able to sustain high tier maps so a slight nerf sounds like we are going back to that but map drops were insanely high last league. The value of maps completely tanked. I dont mind them slightly scaling that back.

What I would like to see is a way outside of trading to sustain the exact maps you want. If there was a dislike by the development team on how people use to do it then thats fine but to not replace the ability to do it with something new and creative seems like a good way to really frustrate the percentage of players of players who enjoy it (which is probably 25%+) and possibly even make them stop wanting to play.

Now there would be less people wanting to sustain specific maps if all the maps had similar monster density/number of monsters but that seems like a much harder task to accomplish then coming up with something like a Cartographer seal that you could apply to maps that you want to drop more often. Maybe the higher your completion bonus the more seals you can use and the more effective the seals become. So 1-8 maps that you select with a seal would have a 5-40% more likelihood of dropping. Number of seals based on atlas completion and likelihood of dropping based on awakener level in combination with what each bonus already gives.

GGG had a much better system of delivering increased map mods that scaled and was customizable, but abandoned it for an incredibly flawed one in their obsession with trying to make awakener bonus some kind of chase goal.

Instead of making awakener bonus something to aim for, it now feels like a punishment to gain due to its permanent negative effects, as minor and easily overcomable as they may be. It is going to feel bad to gain awakener level now, not good, which completely defeats the purpose.
"
KaiDKB wrote:
Perhaps this will be helpful feedback:

When I play ANY RPG, I like to make at least some progress each and every time I play. When I play Path of Exile, it's a gamble. I might die to something unexpected and lose 30 minutes to several hours of progress towards the next level. Not only that, but gear drops are rarely ever an upgrade. You get the basics, farm up currency, and hope for some good trade deals that aren't instantly poached by bots or mods that hardcore traders use to exploit the market.

However, gear doesn't come in incremental stages. I can't do anything to work towards the next step other than farm up enough to trade since I burned out long ago on wall-street simulators and refuse to play the market instead of the game. Some items are too expensive for me to reasonably get in a league, so I am left with low-to-medium rolls on decent gear that is usually appropriate for my build. That ends gearing for the entire league. So what do I have left to progress with? Content. Or at least, that's how it should work.

It is already overly frustrating to die and lose progress, but not getting more level-appropriate maps to even try again is like hitting your head against a brick wall. You don't even get the chance to try and earn back what you lost until you farm up lower tier maps with monsters way below your character level in an attempt to just get back to the starting line. It goes beyond discouraging into the realm of apathy, which leads me to go do something else until I give up for the league entirely.

There needs to be a way for me to stay in the game, stay engaged, and continue to run level-appropriate content even if I screw up. I played standard this league, but even then I could tell the massive difference in my ability to sustain maps and make at least some progress towards more meaningful content via the awakening system. The changes already state that it's being nerfed, so that looks like some really bad news for endgame content and progression.

A lot of people are concerned because mapping is integral to endgame regardless of how much we do or do not enjoy it. There are no alternatives. If you want to run lab all day, that is a completely different type of character build and most people can't run the same tileset every day. If you want to run delve, you still need to do maps and your resources are still gated through dailies and RNG just to access basic delve content. Mapping is a huge deal in this game. Sustaining maps should never be a challenge. When the difficulty of a game is more about accessing content than playing the content, that is where a game stops being fun for a lot of people (myself included). I'm not saying we need everything handed to us on a silver spoon, but if we get into a rut, how do we climb out? There is no other place to level, farm gear, or make endgame progression unless you map. League mechanics are all tied to maps too, so if you want to experience league mechanics then you have to map and map well.

So, if you want to force everyone to map then at least let us have some semblance of progression. In any RPG, but particularly in ARPGs, once you stop moving forward, you are just spinning your wheels and wasting your time. I don't like wasting my time and playing for a session just to end up losing experience, losing the resources I used on maps, and losing the few high level maps I had. That is depressing and disincentivizes me from playing the game.

Did you not read a damn thing they just posted in the Manifesto? Your reasons also do not give specific level examples so it's very difficult to gauge what level you are talking about grinding towards? I think you not only missed the point of what they are trying to do but have also missed the whole damn show. Good grief Charlie Brown.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
If you're worried about not being able to sustain maps easily, you needn't be. It feels good in our testing so far, and we will be keeping a very close eye on this.

(X) Doubt

(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
The problem as I see it is when you have a choice between two evils, you should not choose the one which is worse. Currently we are stuck in a situation with two possible designs: with seals and without. Seals are a kludge, but having no seals results in people forced to start a new account after one mistake. It is great that you are understand everything, but understanding is not enough. Just give us a kludgy solution back while you are figuring out a better one, or we are stuck with a truly awful design for at least one more league
"
Our plan was to move the popular Map Mod Effect increases to the Awakening Objectives in order to give them more of an incentive.

I sure hope that there's a plan to fix the issue obtaining some of the High tier Unique maps. 149/154 Awakened Bonus ALL LEAGUE.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714341

??? hello?

Why has this changed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info