Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

Please, base your game on SSF mode !

For ex, analyse the new items drops (awakening gems, conqueror's exalted orbs,...) during SSF 3.9 league and rework the loot rate using those results.
If a SSF player killed one conqueror 100 times and got only one orb, increase the drop rate.

adding a way to exchange one awakened gem with another one would help a lot ion SSF.

What is good in the game is to farm what you are looking for (divination cards are a good way, for ex).
Farming currencies to buy it, isn't as fun and it's boring as f***.

and please: remove randomness of trials in maps.
"
Lyonnel wrote:

For ex, analyse the new items drops (awakening gems, conqueror's exalted orbs,...) during SSF 3.9 league and rework the loot rate using those results.
If a SSF player killed one conqueror 100 times and got only one orb, increase the drop rate.

adding a way to exchange one awakened gem with another one would help a lot ion SSF.

What is good in the game is to farm what you are looking for (divination cards are a good way, for ex).

Seconded!
"
Lyonnel wrote:

The major point of ssf is bragging rights.
One single ssf-only change like you're proposing and it's all gone.
"
Baddgulf wrote:
The whole idea of endgame being gated behind rng is bad at the roots. It's like you intentionally want to discourage players from playing your game. It's constant, irritating topic every league.
Why not disable map drops and open Atlas completly. If you want to play tier 2, first you need to complete tier 1 and so on. Someone want to play only one map? Let them have it. What's wrong with that? I'm pretty sure 100% player base would be more than happy with such a system.

Because money. See my sig.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
In 3.9 it's not longer possible to sustain one map, e.g. Burial Chambers, because of two terrible reasons:

1. There is no possibility to undo maps. In their announcement they wrote that they think about Cartographer's Seal. Whatever that means...

2. Even more important: The rule that a map's tier is reduced if the rolled tier cannot drop is gone. Instead the map won't drop. That is annoying! Will this be changed again in 3.10?

Another terrible decision will come up in 3.10: Orb of Horizons will also roll unnatural maps which furthermore decreases the chance to obtain a desired map.

Is all of this really intended? Do I really have to buy maps if I want to target farm ONE map and only that one map?
Last edited by Bushfeind on Mar 7, 2020, 1:05:23 PM
I wished no regeneration and no leech mods could not be rolled together making maps available only to a few niche builds if we are talking about map mods.

I do not really see any issues with the rest as they can be counterbalanced through some shape or form, be it a flask, a change in support gem ect...

"
krzsztf wrote:
make winter orb great again!
no, just make it playable

Yes, GGG please make Winter Orb better.
You nerfed it too much.
"
Flinkerkobold wrote:
this but this is just something for the entire squad of ggg to consider, especially the balancing team. We as high lvl players dont care about having only one map to target farm (even if that is the essence of arpgs). Running random maps IS FINE. But why on earth do most of the maps suck so much compared to others? why do so many maps have less than half the amount of mobs than others and bad drops on top? why dont you add some of the new cards to bad maps to make them competitive? the way the game is right now, casual players will still run random maps and dedicated players will just buy their maps. literally no changes in the maps run apart from even more trading and micro management. please consider at least buffing all of the horrendously bad maps in the game to make it feel less painful running randoms

i totally agree with him ,if anybody else agree please quote him as well best way to be seen and heard.Constructive too.just my 2 cent.
"
Fapmobile wrote:

The major point of ssf is bragging rights.
One single ssf-only change like you're proposing and it's all gone.

The two major points of SSF are 1) not trading and 2) not participating in groups. So long as these two remain, other changes, including drop rates, no not alter the nature of SSF.
Compared to previous Shaper/Elder versions of the Atlas (which IMO were the best versions), this version is underwhelming. It's unnecessarily recursive and bloated - having different levels of the same map further confuses what used to be implicitly clear (you knew what level a map was by its name). There are now multiple levels of the same endgame content. I'm not sure why you would think that would be compelling.

That's ignoring the ordinary/clunky narrative of the new Atlas. The old one was elegant and engaging. This one is ... does anyone care about the narrative beyond getting map areas to spawn guardians ASAP? The old artwork was also superlative. I literally used it as reference it was that good. The new Atlas graphics/art is ... arcadey. The worst part about the previous Atlas system was the infuriatingly random nature of the Shaper/Elder areas. But that was an easy fix. And honestly it's all you had to do.

With the new system I am now forced through a gauntlet of recursive content in order to effectively target farm a low level map. So if I want to just target farm Burial Grounds, I need to get to Awakened level 8 in order to unlock all levels of the maps, just so I can 3x favourite the maps I want to target. That forces me into builds that can do that, just so I can play the game the way I want to... eventually, because that's a massive, time consuming undertaking.

That's not better, it's far worse. You haven't given me more choices and ways to play, you've forced me through obnoxious recursion in order to get to the lower difficulty levels I enjoy farming with MF builds. How does that make sense?

And let's not talk about having to relearn everything again with each remade iteration of the Atlas.

Please consider going back to the old way, or forward to a new, similar way. It was much more enjoyable. Target farming maps was elegant and rewarding. Now it's the ultimate grindy chore (and as a result I haven't done it; coupled with the league mechanic that turns a beautiful and varied game into a bland monochrome speed run with unavoidable one shot deaths, I just couldn't face the grind).
Last edited by t0lkien on May 16, 2020, 5:59:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info