Changes to the Atlas of Worlds in Path of Exile: Delirium

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We'll also be removing the "x% chance for Maps to drop one tier higher" bonus from Awakening Bonus Objectives.

I considered the Atlas rework to be the highlight of 3.9, it felt so good not quitting the league after a month in on account of plateauing at T10 due to bad map sustain.

Am I gonna have to go back to quitting shortly after the league starts again? Players should NOT have to trade just to progress, especially in endgame.

I was really looking forward to not putting Cameria in Fortification just to get Harbinger Orbs, but now I'm gonna have to lean hard on him and Rin's scarabs again.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 1, 2020, 5:38:24 PM
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
k4ckpratze wrote:
The atlas reset on Standard is annoying. I also liked the customizable atlas better...

I love the new atlas, the old one basically punished you if you didn't run one map over and over and to me thats the type of brain dead repetition I don't want.

IMO people who are pining for extreme repetition of one map are just fooling themselves into thinking that was more fun... all it did was make the game feel more like a job.

What's fun to one person is boring to another.

We are pining for the CHOICE to run whichever maps we want. Whether that's just 1 map, 1 map per tier across multiple tiers, or multiple maps across multiple tiers, or full completion. Leave that up to the player instead of forcing everyone to just progress towards full completion.

I want to shape my atlas in such a way that I only get map drops that I'd actually enjoy running. I don't understand where you got this idea that you'd be punished for not running just one map in the old system. That's just plain wrong, and idiotic.
"
Yordle wrote:
I am a little confused at how the new Awakening Bonus Completion "rewards" are supposed to make me want to do that bonus?

With the map mod difficultly being tied to it, if I'm an Ignite build, it makes the 90% avoid ailments map mod into immunity to ailments, and I can't take off some Awakening level to change that now if I roll a map with that mod? And I don't even get bonus map level drops anymore? It just makes maps harder, gives me a pretty terrible chance at more master missions, and......nothing else?

This league I pushed a character further than I've done before and played for much longer than previous leagues because the new atlas and good map drops kept me going. I'm worried this is a clear step back.

They feel that getting more master missions is actually better for the player base than sustaining the atlas LOL. I don't know who is the person behind these decisions but I really hope they take a step back with this choice.
"
Educmack wrote:
And also... WHAT THE HECK I WANNA DO WITH GETTING MORE MASTER MISSIONS? With the exception of Zana and Nico (they are the most valuable for me and I guess for everyone else), everything else to me is pretty useless... I absolutely don't care about getting more Einhar/Jun/Alva missions, I don't use them, it feels a complete waste of time for me...

Ever heard of the idea that there should be max number of master missions stored and that if you reach that, only other missions would be gained? =)
Is there a place that describes exactly how the 3.9 atlas works and what the GGG expected progression is.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Yordle wrote:
I am a little confused at how the new Awakening Bonus Completion "rewards" are supposed to make me want to do that bonus?

With the map mod difficultly being tied to it, if I'm an Ignite build, it makes the 90% avoid ailments map mod into immunity to ailments, and I can't take off some Awakening level to change that now if I roll a map with that mod? And I don't even get bonus map level drops anymore? It just makes maps harder, gives me a pretty terrible chance at more master missions, and......nothing else?

This league I pushed a character further than I've done before and played for much longer than previous leagues because the new atlas and good map drops kept me going. I'm worried this is a clear step back.

+1 my dude.
This league was the first one I actually played after the disaster called Bestiary, which made me completely uninstall the game. I came back for Meta, had tremendous amounts of fun. I guess I'm uninstalling it again because, you know, the company is called Grinding Gear Games. If you don't grind 24/7 you're not allowed to have fun.
GGG treating all players as they are Mathils and Zizarans... nothing new I guess. I don't even know why I'm surprised. This game is not for casuals and they make sure of it.
It's fine. You'll get a bazillion mobs anyway from the new league mechanic to drop whatever rewards you deem necessary. It's basically the only design they are capable of. With a bit of luck we'll even get guardian maps from temple and delve outposts again so they won't be complete shit.
Not surprising. It was easy to see a map sustain nerf coming when you no longer needed to run maps as rare to sustain your map pool.
Glad you've learned and allow Standard to retain unique map completion. I wish this had been a thing consistently done so I didn't lose the Perandus Manor I rng-grinded to buy with coins via map mods 'cause I couldn't afford the price when trading. The other ones didn't hurt as much, since those could drop if I just kept playing.

Oh well, hopefully this will remain the decision going forward and maybe one day I'll contemplate trying for full atlas completion.
"
We'll also be removing the "x% chance for Maps to drop one tier higher" bonus from Awakening Bonus Objectives.

WoW no fun allowed

Srsly dont touch anything ok ? TY very much

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info