Changes to the Atlas of Worlds in Path of Exile: Delirium

What a shame.
First league when i played more than 2-3 weeks, cuz of map sustain, and now its dead
qq
"
One of our goals is to provide more incentive to complete Awakening Bonus Objectives.
We'll be moving the "x% increased effect of Modifiers on non-unique Maps" bonus from the Awakening Level bonus to Awakening Bonus Objectives.
Secondly, you'll be able to increase your chance of getting an Atlas Mission on completing a map by completing Awakening Bonus Objectives. We will be reducing the base chance of receiving an Atlas Mission
We'll also be removing the "x% chance for Maps to drop one tier higher" bonus from Awakening Bonus Objectives.
So effectively you make completing Awakening Bonus buffing monsters increasing 1-shots and bursts-rips, penalize players with less Atlas Missions for not completing them -- and that's all to your "incentive"? I think most players will just take that penalty to missions since you overbuffed the monsters already some time ago.
Also, sustaining high-level maps was bad enough this league. Getting it nerfed is just another step to making the game bland and uninteresting, since it takes away players' capacity to run content that's challenging for them and makes them run content they can easily do. No challenge + repetitiveness = bad game design. Not that PoE had good game design, but to this point it was at least bearable. Beyond... I don't know.
One thing i really enjoyed in metamorph is sustaining red maps without having to worrie or waste useless time trying to trade and whisper multiple people until i can buy a map.
Literally everyone was happy with map drops and you nerf that... why exactly?
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
I was looking for a reason to skip this league, thanks GGG!

I couldn't agree more!

Back to the drawing board with this update GGG please, this time, everyone awake and present.
When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. Same as when you're stupid.
Last edited by TheVeug86 on Mar 2, 2020, 1:45:28 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
This will result in Atlas map completion being reset on Standard league. You will retain your Unique Map completion. Completing a high-tier map will complete all maps one tier below the map that you completed. For example, completing a Tier 15 Map will complete all maps up to Tier 14.

This is no longer good enough. We're tired of having to re-do Vaal Temple every single league, given that it's a pain to get ahold of, and also a pain to do. (since there's never any re-rolling of it)

And of course, this presumes that this will ALSO complete all Atlas and Awakening objectives. If we gotta run around and pray to RNG to actually get us all 135 BaseTypes at max-tier again, that will probably make a lot of players quit.

The ONLY potential silver lining is... While the screencap is blurry, it does appear to show the current map series' icons. If we keep the same series, this could be slightly more tolerable. Half the reason for a lot of the CotA re-work to map tiers was that it allowed any map BaseType to come in any tier, which should entirely eliminate the need for any new "series" again: changing of tiers would leave all old maps at their tier, just that new maps drop at different tiers... Y'know. just like they do when you change watchstones.

If that screenshot does not accurately reflect this, and there is another "series..." Then it makes it blatant that the entire purpose for changing series is to try to squeeze another $15 out of every player on Standard for a new map tab every league. Yes, I've been guilty of that myself, but I'd say this is the end of my patience.

Oh, and yeah, also good to hear that apparently Orbs of Horizon still have little use...

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
One of our goals is to provide more incentive to complete Awakening Bonus Objectives. We'll be taking a few steps to achieve this. We'll be moving the "x% increased effect of Modifiers on non-unique Maps" bonus from the Awakening Level bonus to Awakening Bonus Objectives.

YOU WHAT?! That's a "difficulty slider," which now means that it's actually a fixed thing that now only goes up.

This is the absolute worst of both worlds; For players with alts that can't handle max-difficulty maps, this suddenly renders the game less playable. And for those that WANT it, it now makes it far slower to get. (I still aren't even close to 154/154 on Awakening Objectives)

This is a major step away from "Grinding (for) Gear" to "Grinding (for) Content you actually want to run."

Of course, I guess this is about to be expected when all major balance/design changes are made by people who've not experienced the endgame in years.

The tl;dr: GGG, if you were trying to push players to leave your game for the next 3 months, congrats, you found a pretty solid way. Just remember: only most players who quit for a league come back for the next one.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Why on Earth did you need to nerf the drop rate for ? Maps were barely sustainable as in in Metamorph and not at all before. Now it's going to be not at all again..

Worst idea since labyrinth.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
One of our goals is to provide more incentive to complete Awakening Bonus Objectives.
[...]
We'll also be removing the "x% chance for Maps to drop one tier higher" bonus from Awakening Bonus Objectives.

Do you guys even read what you've just written?
You want "more incentive" but you are removing the real reason to get this bonus
WTF?
Also, of course Standard gets fucked again? Really? Can't you get this fixed already?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
1000 hours you guys.

Muh player retention.
ggg
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by GoodbyeEmily on Mar 5, 2020, 3:00:23 AM
"
This will result in Atlas map completion being reset on Standard league.

This results in me thinking about leaving the game until PoE2.
And I still didn't tried that Wolcen game everybody is talking about... I bet they won't reset stuff every 3 months.
All this resetting bullshit is exactly why I don't play temp leagues and now you doing it to standard.

I got back to PoE after long break and was hoping to stay. I was hoping that game matured over those years and became playable and enjoyable. But your decisions are still weird and unsettling, and the development direction is uncertain. The way you handling Atlas lead me to believe that you have no idea what to do with end-game gameplay and how to improve it.
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info