Conquerors of the Atlas - Sirus Statistics

Major balance issues, obviously. Nothing new.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Sirus only takes 200 maps to spawn, not anal enough. We hoped it would be at least 1000. Only the most sirius players deserve to see the boss.
Atziri queen, Uber elder, or even Aul fights are so much better...

Please, modify the fight and add more visibility.
I would probably buy supporter packs if I could play full league content. Since I don’t have the time, and typically only reach 12-24 challenges per league, I don’t bother buying anything just to experience 1/2 the game content. It’s taken me several years to realize, PoE is not for gamers like myself: hardcore ARPG fans with limited time, job, and some money. I’ve definitely distance from PoE over the past year and looking forward to other ARPG titles. Nice to see GGG still at the top of their game pumping out very challenging content for those in the position to spend the time on playing.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I love this game and the heart and excitement the team always puts into making it. The new endgame final fight, however, just doesn't have the same level of thematic charisma that the Shaper/Elder storyline fights did, and I can't picture myself returning with a motivation to face it again each challenge league. =(

I can defeat Sirus lv8 deathless now, but the fight just isn't fun. His character lore elements make it feel like having to spank a child throwing a tantrum each time you slog through the 40-ish maps it takes to reach him (way too many, it gets deathly boring to farm), rather than the quite ominous 'terror from the unknown' atmosphere that surrounded the Uber Elder fight storyline.

The Conquerors' taunts often feel similarly out of place.

---
Redeemer: "AND WHEN THE FOX FINISHED ONE HUNT..."

PC: "My characer barely even met you. Why the lecturing?"

Einhar: "I looove hunting!"

PC: "You tell 'em, Einhar!"
---

I love the game, and the passion the design team puts into it. The new endgame atmosphere though, I feel like should have been added as something alongside of, rather than as a replacement for, the Uber elder storyline we were already familiar with. It simply lacks charisma. Defeat Uber elder, and the storyline theme feels like the world has many more mysteries to unravel, and deeper terrors from the Elder's world to eventually fight in future expansions. Defeat Sirus by contrast, and you feel like you've just sent lil' Tantrum Throwing Timmy off to his room to sit and think about what he's done, all without much mystery or impending doom left upon the horizon.

I know future expansions for the game will be amazing, and I very much look forward to eventually challenging them. I just personally find Sirus' plotline (and fight mechanics) nearly impossible to care about.

Learning the fight's rhythm was by far the most unsatisfying time I'd EVER spent in the game, and once learned, the fight isn't even fun.

(The initial learning deaths just always felt out of nowhere, and unintuitive. For instance, to break the invincibility phase, you have to walk underneath him. Oh, wait, you mean you're just returning from a death? Then don't walk underneath him whatever you do!! or you'll instantly die again. You see, after you die, Sirus gets addicted to invincibility phases and summons a new storm after each death when you come back to the screen. Also, at his final phase, be sure to re-enter the arena walking constantly along an outer circle, because the second you walk back into the fight between two storm clouds, he will summon a death laser offscreen with nowhere for you to dodge, and you'll die again before having even so much as seen him a second time.)
I have no problem with the difficulty of the fight if it were not for the insane freezes you get when entering the last phase vs Sirus, especially with minions. Shit's real.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Bring on Uber Sirus, hopefully he'll be hard next time.
"
I would probably buy supporter packs if I could play full league content. Since I don’t have the time, and typically only reach 12-24 challenges per league, I don’t bother buying anything just to experience 1/2 the game content. It’s taken me several years to realize, PoE is not for gamers like myself: hardcore ARPG fans with limited time, job, and some money. I’ve definitely distance from PoE over the past year and looking forward to other ARPG titles.

+1, echoing my sentiments. Unless you play 24/7 in the first few days/ weeks, your not in a position to abuse the typical season exploit like the awakener orb exploit that allowed creation of god items that are never ever ever going to be beaten. Average players like us just ignored and i've had enough of it.

OP, I'd suggest trying Wolcen, i just purchased it and am looking forward to playing it, i doub't i'll get back into poe and if i do, certainly won't be making any more purchases.

For poe to survive, poe 4.0 needs to make all current items obsolete. They need legacy kaom equivalent rare chests to drop, they need legacy leech items to drop, otherwise poe 4 already failed.
Formally [Removed by Support] as my STANDARD map stash got frakked
What sort of nonsense post is this? From the beginning of the Expansion launch when Sirus was bugged to high heaven and a complete mess? Basically useless information without any applicable date ranges.

Do you have any more useful stats? Like how many of the deaths occurred cause a storm blocked the door and people didn't know? Or because the meteor locked the steps?
Last edited by ssm016 on Feb 12, 2020, 8:24:50 PM
boo
Confront those who dare obstruct the transmission of your information with swift rejection, for they sit silently obsessing over your submission.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info