Wuhan China Coronavirus.

It's always amusing everytime we get to see all these doomsday preppers come out to crow. :D Even more so if they happen to be of a religious bent.
"
Exile009 wrote:
It's always amusing everytime we get to see all these doomsday preppers come out to crow. :D Even more so if they happen to be of a religious bent.

Classy.

I work with a prepper actually. He is an ex-Marine(technically still a Marine), served in a war, literally knows about survival and what humanity is capable of.

He wants to protect his family and property. He isnt some religious nutball hooked on conspiracy theories. He is prepared. Not insane.

Spoiler
this is how Trump & the right wins btw. You think you are funny and cute, but mainly it just highlights ignorance of those that dont have the same values and experience as you do. Its exhausting and illogical. Even Obama understands the woke left is a coastal & metropolitan bubble
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Feb 18, 2020, 11:33:25 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:

Even more funny to see all the schoolboys hiding under a blanket hoping that mommy and daddy will make the bad go away.
Grown ups prepare (within reason) children hide under their blanket and pretend nothing bad can ever happen.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
jackof8lades wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

Even more funny to see all the schoolboys hiding under a blanket hoping that mommy and daddy will make the bad go away.
Grown ups prepare (within reason) children hide under their blanket and pretend nothing bad can ever happen.

I'm not sure having extra food/water, a weapon (US mostly I'm guessing), and having an emergency plan with your family is the equivalent to hiding under a blanket. But whatever. Enough side-tracking.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

I'm not sure having extra food/water, a weapon (US mostly I'm guessing), and having an emergency plan with your family is the equivalent to hiding under a blanket. But whatever. Enough side-tracking.

Eh what? might wanna read what i wrote down i said kids don't prepare and pretend nothing can happen, Grown ups prepare, as they should.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
^oops

Sorry read that as equivalence how you wrote it.
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
this is how Trump & the right wins btw. You think you are funny and cute, but mainly it just highlights ignorance of those that dont have the same values and experience as you do. Its exhausting and illogical. Even Obama understands the woke left is a coastal & metropolitan bubble

Lol what does this have to do with the left or Obama or Trump? Now you're reading political leanings into my little comment, when it has none? K...
"
jackof8lades wrote:

Uh huh. I'll prepare for actual doomsday if and when it seems like it's actually coming. Until then I'm not interested in being that guy who seemingly sees it in his own shadow. You call that being "grown up", I call it being paranoid. And I'm hardly alone in that assessment, if the reputation of such people is anything to go by. Makes for an occasionally fun diversion on TV tho. :)
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:

Uh huh. I'll prepare for actual doomsday if and when it seems like it's actually coming. Until then I'm not interested in being that guy who seemingly sees it in his own shadow. You call that being "grown up", I call it being paranoid. And I'm hardly alone in that assessment, if the reputation of such people is anything to go by. Makes for an occasionally fun diversion on TV tho. :)

Still with the fantasies about armageddon i see, cause yeah those are the only 2 options armagageddon or nothing at all.

Also mocking ppl for making sensible preperations is rather telling of who you are as a person.

Keep hiding under that blanket and maybe if you are lucky nothing will happen, as an actual adult i don't let my well being depend on luck and wishfull thinking.
It's ok to be white

"
jackof8lades wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:

Still with the fantasies about armageddon i see, cause yeah those are the only 2 options armagageddon or nothing at all.

Also mocking ppl for making sensible preperations is rather telling of who you are as a person.

Keep hiding under that blanket and maybe if you are lucky nothing will happen, as an actual adult i don't let my well being depend on luck and wishfull thinking.

If it is just "sensible preparations" you're making, and not preparations for armageddon (or something close to it), then why bother taking offense and responding to my original comment at all? After all, it was addressed to doomsday preppers. Which, if you don't consider yourself one of those, would not include you. You can't be a doomsday prepper if you're not, you know, prepping for doomsday.
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 18, 2020, 3:11:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info