Wuhan China Coronavirus.

"
jackof8lades wrote:
Unreal you are seriously arguing semantics here, also this attempt at downplaying the problem accomplishes what exactly?

680 million people difference is a bit more than "semantics" lol
downplaying the problem accomplishes what, you ask. well what does exaggerating the problem do? cause panic? much like what you just said is more harmful than the virus?
"
xMustard wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Unreal you are seriously arguing semantics here, also this attempt at downplaying the problem accomplishes what exactly?

680 million people difference is a bit more than "semantics" lol
downplaying the problem accomplishes what, you ask. well what does exaggerating the problem do? cause panic? much like what you just said is more harmful than the virus?

Ill repeat what does downplaying the problem do?
This is the time to take action but again feel free to ignore everyting and do nothing, this may sound harsch but your life and safety mean very little to me, i just find it almost criminally irrisponsible to pretend (and for some to even try to convince other ppl) that this isn't a serious situation.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Feb 16, 2020, 7:14:24 PM
"
jackof8lades wrote:
but thats the kinda the point isn't it? Panic is more harmfull then the virus

but people like you are causing panic. using wrong numbers from clickbait. wrong numbers that are 10 fucking % off. thats a big damn number.

people like you are causing more harm than good.

its a serious situation yes. but people like you come along and make people flip the fuck out by inflating the numbers and making it seem way worse than it is. for god knows what reason.
Just because GGG doesn't do anything about scammers, doesn't mean they support scammers.

Complacency is not the same as endorsement.
"
jacemm7283 wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
but people like you are causing panic. using wrong numbers from clickbait. wrong numbers that are 10 fucking % off.
Ultimately it's the (lack of) credibility of the Chinese government that is causing distrust in the numbers. I don't fully believe the official numbers regarding this situation, and while that doesn't exactly justify the rampant rumor and speculation regarding the virus being taken as fact, I can't help but sympathize with those skeptical of the official narrative. I am not inclined to believe such people as being responsible for the situation, but instead as a category of victims of it. It's the Chinese government that has caused a panic, not so much due to their actions during but their actions prior to the outbreak. Establishing trust prior to incident is a crucial element of preparedness, and China was not prepared.

A funny thing about credibility: people might believe you're completely full of shit, but as long as everything is going more or less okay for them it's not going to be a major issue. They're not going to call you out on it unless they believe there's more to gained by doing so than the cost of doing so. If your credibility is shot you're not going to get a warning about how fragile it is until there's some kind of crisis, a situation wherein the real knowledge is scarce and time is scarce, and then trust is important with no time to (re)build it. That's when the bubble bursts.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 17, 2020, 12:17:59 AM
"
jacemm7283 wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:

but people like you are causing panic. using wrong numbers from clickbait. wrong numbers that are 10 fucking % off. thats a big damn number.

people like you are causing more harm than good.

its a serious situation yes. but people like you come along and make people flip the fuck out by inflating the numbers and making it seem way worse than it is. for god knows what reason.

And ppl like you think this is some intelectual game to theorise about as if any of it matters.
And what exactly is the "clickbait" anyway these are the actual numbers we are seeing.
760 m are in lockdown/quarantaine, The scope of it is massive who gives a shit how you call it, you think that matters now? Must be nice to still live in that protective little bubble.

You think it matters if you are right in this discussion or if i am?
I get it, you think if you can cling on to this being "right" and i would say thats debatable will somehow make this all go away, well got some bad news for you it's not gonna.

PPl need to be spurred into action now, and if nothing happens so fucking what you have to eat rice and beans for a month not exactly the worst thing ever, prob more healthy than the garbage food most gamers here eat.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Feb 17, 2020, 5:16:54 AM
Last edited by elesham4ever on Mar 3, 2020, 1:54:04 PM
Moving into my cave-bunker to ride out this apocalypse. Tinfoil hats and TP are well-stocked. I'll have the Asian market cornered after civilization collapses.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Moving into my cave-bunker to ride out this apocalypse. Tinfoil hats and TP are well-stocked. I'll have the Asian market cornered after civilization collapses.

Pls don't, i think ppl like you should not prepare at all, i think that's for the best.
It's ok to be white

Yeah, I should really make an effort to buy into the hysteria now before it's too late. Forget the fact that I'm living somewhere that already has the mainland's cruise missiles, nukes, and diseases targeting it 24/7/365.

Can I please have a seat on your hype train? Please oh please? I'll be a true believer from now on, I swear!
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Yeah, I should really make an effort to buy into the hysteria now before it's too late. Forget the fact that I'm living somewhere that already has the mainland's cruise missiles, nukes, and diseases targeting it 24/7/365.

Can I please have a seat on your hype train? Please oh please? I'll be a true believer from now on, I swear!

Advising ppl to get some basic suplies(which you should have anyway virus or not) is buying into hysteria? And true believer of what? The virus? pretty sure thats real whatever you believe in it or not, [Removed by Support]
It's ok to be white

Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Feb 17, 2020, 9:07:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info