Wuhan China Coronavirus.

"
jackof8lades wrote:
over 900000.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Thanks for that invaluable info, Scrotie.

I smell blood today.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Feb 19, 2020, 11:17:36 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
over 900000.

"
deathflower wrote:
Over 1000000.

Context. The novel coronavirus is probably more contagious and deadly than the flu virus. We wouldn't let it spread like that unless humanity is really dumb.
"
Mentoya wrote:
It's quite humorous how the death toll in China is only around 2% of those who get it, and outside of china out of 1,000 people, only 5 deaths or so have occurred, which is about 1/2 a percent, and everyone is crying, DOOMSDAY, DOOMSDAY!!!

Quite comical actually..........It's like Y2K all over again LOL....

While I agree to your point wrt the doomsayers revolving around this outbreak (NOT, mind you, that the virus isn't a danger, just that there's a public (not govt.) overreaction), Y2K is a terrible comparison. That was a big deal, and you can find plenty of more recent info online i.e. long after the 'craze' had passed, which covers the major effort made to deal with it. It even helped create an IT boom in the places which took on that burden, like India. And it did have effects on the day, albeit it was mostly mitigated, giving us a glimpse of what could have been had we not taken action.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/31/millennium-bug-face-fears-y2k-it-systems
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 19, 2020, 6:45:02 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
It's quite humorous how the death toll in China is only around 2% of those who get it, and outside of china out of 1,000 people, only 5 deaths or so have occurred, which is about 1/2 a percent, and everyone is crying, DOOMSDAY, DOOMSDAY!!!

Quite comical actually..........It's like Y2K all over again LOL....

While I agree to your point wrt the doomsayers revolving around this outbreak (NOT, mind you, that the virus isn't a danger, just that there's a public (not govt.) overreaction), Y2K is a terrible comparison. That was a big deal, and you can find plenty of more recent info online i.e. long after the 'craze' had passed, which covers the major effort made to deal with it. It even helped create an IT boom in the places which took on that burden, like India. And it did have effects on the day, albeit it was mostly mitigated, giving us a glimpse of what could have been had we not taken action.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/31/millennium-bug-face-fears-y2k-it-systems

My point with the y2k had to do with idiots and media reports that said stop lights would stop working, cars would stop running etc....I have degree in computer science and I even I knew that was complete bullshit.........My point being is that they painted this doomsday scenario. And media is a bunch of fear mongers who love to paint doomsday scenarios, or matter if it's Y2K or a Virus...
"
Mentoya wrote:

My point with the y2k had to do with idiots and media reports that said stop lights would stop working, cars would stop running etc....I have degree in computer science and I even I knew that was complete bullshit.........My point being is that they painted this doomsday scenario. And media is a bunch of fear mongers who love to paint doomsday scenarios, or matter if it's Y2K or a Virus...

Oh the nuisance of free speech. If people have no qualms with critics saying the world is flat, surely they shouldn't have any with people saying the world will end tomorrow.
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

Oh the nuisance of free speech. If people have no qualms with critics saying the world is flat, surely they shouldn't have any with people saying the world will end tomorrow.

True, I have no problem with them saying that , but it doesn't mean that I won't laugh at the stupid idiots who DO say things like that.....We also have that freedom....
Last edited by Mentoya on Feb 19, 2020, 10:56:13 PM
Too soon?

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Too soon?

Spoiler

Corono-chan is too White!! RACIST!!!!
Epidemy is fading. Worst part is behind us. World still here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info