Metamorph Statistics: Challenges and Ascendancy Classes

"
raya1234 wrote:
Challenges are way easier than before. My girlfriend who just started playing this League (so completely newbie and her only previous ARPG experience was D2) recently got to 40/40 and said that most of the things don't even feel like challenges at all.

Really??????
for me the rewards is more desirable than last leauge and the metamorph is more fun aswell
I am expecting a huge nerf to necro, much harder than the nerf you did to Berserkers and Slayers. Stay true to your word that you do not want people playing one ascendency too much, which is the excuse you used to nerf those melee ascendencies, and let's not forget the fortify nerf you did too. Look at all the winners. If you watched streamers on Twitch during the first week (for those who competed in Ziz's competition), how many summoners/necromancers were there? It was a disgusting sight of clicking simulators.
"Are the challenges easier than usual or are the rewards more desirable? Let us know!"

Ehh, I sometimes feel that we shouldn't. When players are happy with something - builds/rewards/challenges and say that it feels OK/enjoyable you completely annihilate it or nerf next league or make everything harder without any reason.

The only thing I can say that challenge rewards are uber bad this league. Not gonna be even aiming for a single challenge, they are not worth doing.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Jan 27, 2020, 5:09:46 AM
The challenges are literally more easy but more enjoyable to do keeping the grinding to a point. I believe they should be like this every league.

Regarding necromancer, you should bump other classes to be so enjoyable.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
SirStumfy wrote:
I love how people complain to nerf summoners.

Dont people realize that WHATEVER build comes out on top people will play mostly that?

You nerf necros, everyone will bow, u nerf that everyone will arc totem again, nerf that ... and so on.

Best "balance" would be that all builds could be strong enough to where you can do content without dying every 5 seconds without 1000ex investment.

Than people can choose what they like to play instead of what ur forced to play if ur not rich.

Well it was a whole lot better when spell casters, miners, or bow builds were at the top, because players need to actually do stuff in every fight and not just run around like summoners/Necros. Is this supposed to be a game or just a clicking simulator? The Sirus challenge would've been really good if only GGG did the right thing and nerfed summoners hard before the start of this league, but they didn't. It ended up with players trivializing the fight with summoners. Actually, everything gets trivialized when the only thing you need to do is run around and just avoid stuff coming your way. No need to put yourself in any dangerous situation - that's what summoners are. Spell casters need to stay still for a bit to cast their sh*t, which can be deadly, and if they don't, then they would do ZERO damage. Compare that to summoner play style. Honestly, summoners should have it's own place which is just being good for mapping, but really bad for boss fights, much like bow builds (example tornado shot). In it's current state, take tornado shot clear speed, then take Vaal Double Strike single target and put it into one character, but make it better as you don't need to actually hit to deal damage. The damage just happens on its own.
I play Melee
I play 2H
Last time i have so much fun on league was on the Breach League some years ago, i dont play every league if i dont get interest on it, playing since beta, i play like couple of hours a day (job-family-wife-kids) i enjoin like a hell my play time this league, Well still trying to gear up for Sirius lvl8 but i will get his ass even if i need more gears more currency(neverlucky) than a simplie necro can do :) everyone play what they like, i dont give a fak about nerfing, it is stupid, every class can do end-game but some class need more investiment :) just it, bye have fun guys Melee is Love Melee is Life, sry for bad english.
Thank God i stop playing necro. Seems like necro getting the hammer next league cuz yeah.. We all know how these things work.
I see a lot of posts here suggesting that Necromancers will be getting heavy nerfs in the future, so as someone who has played as a Necromancer every league I played since I started playing PoE a few years ago, I thought I'd give my two cents, for what it's worth.

The revamp to Necromancers introduced in the Blight league encouraged me to play the game more that league than I had since when I beat Act 10 during Harbringer League. I enjoyed all the new changes quite a bit, but when I saw the nerfs to Necromancers coming in Metamorph, I decided to take a break from the game and use this league to catch up on some other games I had been neglecting in favor or PoE. It just sounded like in this league I would be doing the same thing as last league, because I like that playstyle, but it would feel less effective than before, which didn't sound very fun.

I thought other Necromancers might have done the same thing, and maybe that's part of the reason there are so many unascended Witches currently, players like myself who picked their favorite class to just see what the Metamorphosis encounters were like, and then shelved the game for the rest of the league. But there still seems to be plenty of players who continued to play Necromancers despite the nerfs, so there is speculation that there will be more nerfs next time.

I'll admit that my Necromancer in Blight seemed ridiculously overpowered, with my minions instakilling bosses before they could get off an attack. So I don't mind having some of that power taken away, but I want that to be exchanged for interesting risk / reward tradeoffs. Nerfing minions so that they are simply worse just makes the game slower and more frustrating than it was for Necromancer players the previous league. It may increase the build diversity, but if that diversity comes not from Necromancers switching to other classes but just sitting the leagues out as they wait for the balance pendulum to swing their way again, I'm not really sure who that helps.

So the TL;DR of this is that the nerfs to Necromancers this league made me skip it, and if there are more straight up nerfs next league I'll probably skip that one too, but if there are balance changes that reduce their power while adding new interesting decisions and options, then I probably will play the next one. Of course, I can only speak for myself, but I wonder how much of the large percentage of players currently playing Necromancers feel similarly.
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
Surprisingly, even though this dataset was taken 5 weeks into the league, we see unascended Witches as the most common class. It's not much more common than during Blight though, which suggests that ascendancy class choice is slightly more varied.

Why are unascended witches the top class?

Don't you think this is worth commenting on beyond "this happened in Blight too"?

You know, sometimes transparently acknowledging issues the team is struggling against (such as bots) will garner better PR than sweeping them under the rug. Who knows--a community member may even have an idea for dealing with them that your team has not yet thought of.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info