Shadow of the Divine 3.9 -- An Expensive Cast on Crit Purifying Flame Build.

Last non-typo/formatting Update: 3/6/2020 2:18 AM
Added link to other build guides and discord/global channel.

Hi, this is a quick guide to COC PF. A few people asked about this character and what it entails so I'm doing a brief writeup. This is a very costly build--to the point that most people who can afford it should prefer a concise format. Also, there is a lot less interaction in this build than some of my other ones. A simpler format is better here.

No Vaal RF and Increased Area of Effect:

Vaal RF and Increased Area of Effect with Eye of Malice Cursebot: (Build linked at bottom of guide.)

Premise:
Purifying Flame has a two-hit component effect, and the secondary AOE is very large. (69 units with current setup.)

Cast on Critical Strike provides fast trigger rate to ensure the secondary AOE is always activating, and Cyclone provides high mobility and stun immunity. Purifying Flame also is under-utilized in the current meta and is enjoyable but expensive to gear. The repeated hit effect of the ability makes it an excellent candidate for clearing Beyond Maps, Blighted Maps, and Delves--but also can bring enough damage to bring most bosses to heel.

Assassin is chosen for Immunity to Critical Strikes, Movement Speed, Elusive, and capping Critical Strike Chance.

An emphasis is placed on acquiring layered defenses: Fortify from Sword, Soul of Steel anointment, slow from Aspect of the Spider, Divine Flesh from a Xibaqua Glorious Vanity, CWDT Steelskin, capped Dodge from tree and Ascendancy, Critical Strike Immunity, and potential access to blind through Xibaqua notables. My 2 deaths from 92-100 were to alt-tabbing in an Jun map and dying to intervention, and putting in an elemental reflect map, so this is a very safe build to level with at endgame.

This build is very expensive, and is intended to be a late league build for making use of currency. With some effort, a few corners can be cut, so I will show the easiest slots to change in this guide for cheaper options.

Videos:
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/EmVwiJiKTnQ

Will add full boss videos later.

Path of Building: ("POB" for the Ctrl+F crowd.)

Alternative Equipment/Gearing Advice:
Spoiler

Weapon: Aim to buy or alt craft. The dream target for imprinting is Fortify + Cast on Critical. In my opinion, if you do not land these 2 on a magic base, it is not really worth going for imprint before regaling. Augmentation should be used when landing attack speed above 20%, attack speed double damage, cast on crit, or fortify.

Gloves: Rares like I have, or as a budget option, Fenumus Weave. Keep in mind Fenumus will make resistances very painful to acquire. Non-unnerve gloves are also fine, and can provide the opportunity for even more resistances.

Boots: Rares like I have, or high resist rares to provide a huge degree of solvency. 15% Cooldown Reduction + Tailwind boots are way better than Tailwind Elusive for this build, but the boots I am using are also used on a different character. If you can land Tailwind boots with the ability to add Freeze immunity for little/no cost, then it is possible to even change flasks or run the Bleed Immunity flask always for less risk.

Helmet: Chaos resist can be most easily crafted through usage of Essences, but if you want more damage and can cap Chaos resist elsewhere, then Scorched Fossil spam is okay.

Amulet: Critical Strike Multiplier, Physical as Extra Fire Damage, Spell Damage, Fire Damage, +1 int, +1 phys, +1 fire are all suitable mods. List them all in a filter and set it to count = 2, then start searching. Fire leech is unbelievably worthwhile on one piece of gear, and the ring will run you 20ex if you want it there, so a Temple amulet with leech gives you a lot of mileage.

Kaoms: Implicits aren't required, but obviously the ones I have are strong.

Belt: Headhunter is strong, but for bosses like Awakener a Stygian is actually better. You want Headhunter for speeding through maps though. A Cooldown Reduction belt adds a lot of damage.

Rings: 1 Ring should always be Circle of Anguish at a minimum, the second one can be a curse on hit ring with resists and life.

Xibaqua Jewel: Expect to use at least 60 Divines to get one that provides substantial enough bonuses to be able to play this build. Cult of Chaos, Temple Paths, and Life nodes are very good to have.

Flasks: Substitutions probably aren't a good idea. I run a Remove Freeze Eternal Life FLask for most content, but swap to a remove bleed for select content.

Jewels: Are utilized to cap resists and provide damage. Thread of Hope provides a lot of power and is a good candidate for Corrupting Blood Immunity.

There are a variety of Zealotry Modifiers on Watcher's Eyes which are viable, but 120% increased Critical Strikes should be a high priority.

Pantheon:
Arakaali and Shakari, fully upgraded. Thraxia shouldn't be needed, as this build requires 85%+ chaos resist.

Bandits:
Alira for resistances, mana sustain, damage.

Leveling:
Whatever you like to level, switch at 72.

I did a very glass cannon oriented Toxic Rain leveling with Thief's Torment to sneak by without needing to upgrade gear past mostly magics with Quill Rain and Hidden Potential. Toxic Rain Withering Touch Multitotem and Ballista Totem Support is great for bosses. Its just as easy, if not easier to level as BV if you have that leveling gear on hand.

Best Accompanying Build:
Eye of Malice Bane Curse Occultist running: Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, Flammability, Elemental Weakness, Assassin's Mark.
A properly geared one can set the enemy's resistances below -300%, as Eye of Malice multiplies negative resistances by 1.5. Conventional supports are largely useless apart from providing maximum resistances, as Energy Shield is simply obtained on this build for stun avoidance and it cannot block any type of damage.

PoB for Eye of Malice Cursebot: (Easily one of the strongest supports in the game now.)
https://pastebin.com/S7rqKcT9

Feel free to join global 1134, a channel dedicated to players who are playing my active builds. Advice is usually readily available and you can learn from other player's experiences playing the build.

There is also a discord available, which is the best place for asking questions when I am not online.

https://discord.gg/wFY25FF

Build Guides:
Spoiler

Predicted:
My league starter, Bladeblast Hybrid Hierophant [3.10]:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2785157

Chieftain Blade Blast Auto-loop [3.10]:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2779838

Active:

Purifying Flame + Wave of Conviction Cast on Crit Assassin [3.9]:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2757248

Archived:
Scrapped: Hierophant Manastorm Indigon Kinetic Bolt Wander [3.10]: (He will soon be returning as a caster.)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2782652

Dead to nerfs: Indigon Essence Drain Trickster [3.2]:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113508

Dead to nerfs: Indigon Poets Pen Hierophant [3.2]:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129235

Dead to nerfs: Explosive Arrow Ignite Pathfinder [3.9]:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2708038

Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Mar 13, 2020, 1:48:02 AM
Last bumped on Feb 12, 2020, 3:38:57 PM
Found a great Glorious Vanity for this build, Xibaqua 2867. 2 Cult of Chaos on path

Spoiler
ign - Zilead
I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but why did you take Pain Attunement and Arcane Vision if you're not going Low-life?
"
Xiphos88 wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but why did you take Pain Attunement and Arcane Vision if you're not going Low-life?

Jewel converts the Keystone to Divine Flesh for 85% Chaos Resistance and 50% of Elemental Damage taken as chaos.

Fully built, the build has 77% Elemental, and 87% Chaos resistance. Effectively this is 82% All Elemental Resist. Very strong for easy cruising to 100.
I have 160 exs that I can spend, is it enough for me to go to this build?
"
pitekk92 wrote:
I have 160 exs that I can spend, is it enough for me to go to this build?

It'll be pretty close, but might be possible. It really depends on how confident you are in your ability to distinguish what lines of text are important for the build. (When in doubt, use POB.)

The Sword's Market price is about 40 right now, but a huge corner to cut for only slightly less damage is to take one that has the pure attack speed roll, instead of attack speed double damage, pulling the cost to 19ex. It shouldnt cost much to mass buy then resell xibaqua glorious vanity jewels, maybe 1-2ex at most. 10ex for rings.

Kaoms is practically free this league, getting %life/reduced chaos should run you no more than 1ex for a single mod and 3ex for both. A Kaoms with no mods is about 30c. Going for a +1 with multiplier/phys as extra fire/fire damage% amulet instead of +2 will cut cost drastically, and you can always try +2 later. This should be 5-8 exalts

Gloves should be the same, you can reduce dependency on Chaos Resistance by getting more on Xibaqua, rare jewels, or the Amulet. The hat can be essence crafted with Chaos Resist essences in about 2-3 exalts. Bottled Faith 16ex (15+1ex in divines). Cinderswallow 2ex for great roll crit mod. CB immune Thread 2ex. 5 Rare Resist/Damage Life Jewels 3ex each. Watcher's eye 8ex. 21/23 primary Spell Gems 3ex.

40 + 2 + 10 + 3 + 8 + 8 + 3 + 16 + 2 + 3 * 5 + 8 + 3 = 118 Upper Cost

19 + 2 + 10 + 1 + 5 + 5 + 3 + 16 + 2 + 3 * 5 + 8 = 86 Lower Cost

Headhunter is about 90 right now, putting it slightly outside your range for the lower bound. If you can see other corners to cut in gearing its probably possible. Jewels are probably a good way to save 10 or so exalts from the build's cost by sniping or deal hunting.
Thanks for the answer, the sword I already have will be right? cost 5ex

I agree with you 100% while I buy a belt with e.g cooldawn speed, If I try my best I can buy HH quite quickly 80ex for this moment it is possible.
I will do this build today! : D
"
pitekk92 wrote:
Thanks for the answer, the sword I already have will be right? cost 5ex

I agree with you 100% while I buy a belt with e.g cooldawn speed, If I try my best I can buy HH quite quickly 80ex for this moment it is possible.
I will do this build today! : D

That sword will work fine.
I can't seem to find a similar sword on the market. Is there a guide to crafting the sword?
"
I can't seem to find a similar sword on the market. Is there a guide to crafting the sword?

Best way is with alterations, or to buy a magic base with fortify + COC. IAS 20%+ should be a good enough thing to regal into, and I would also keep/sell crit above 30% or shaper dual crit modifier.

You will want to imprint if you land fortify + COC, and aug or regal if its a combination other than this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info