[3.16] g00fy_goober's Ball Lightning Miner Saboteur (Easily clear all content) REVAMPED

Furthermore on updating to new tree, the dps number per tick per ball lightning has went from:

81,800 dps to 71,918 dps with a drop of about 10k dps.

Crit % is almost identical. And crit multi went from 601% to 559% which probably accounts for most of the damage.

Note: that slower projectiles has not been updated in the POB yet so this does not include the change to how many ticks will go off. Nor does it include the new dmg numbers and effectiveness of ball lightning gem itself which was actually buffed.

That being said, the short answer is the build will remain largely the same.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Furthermore on updating to new tree, the dps number per tick per ball lightning has went from:

Crit % is almost identical. And crit multi went from 601% to 559% which probably accounts for most of the damage.

Note: that slower projectiles has not been updated in the POB yet so this does not include the change to how many ticks will go off. Nor does it include the new dmg numbers and effectiveness of ball lightning gem itself which was actually buffed.

i just realized, that there is a new node on the tree wich gives 10% reduced projectile speed alongside projectile damage
with the 30% increased aoe from explosives expert and some more aoe from mines wich are active (12% -> 3 mines is enough) you would still get 13 hits per ball, wich is the maximum

depending on where the 10% reduced speed node is and how much it costs to travel there, it might be worth to pick up

another thing wich i was wondering about
the pob shows, you are missing 2 dex and 7 str, where do they come from?
i thought probably catalysts, so can you share wich catalysts you used on your pieces, as it is not shown in pob
Last edited by Akline on Jun 17, 2020, 10:52:16 AM
"
Akline wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

i just realized, that there is a new node on the tree wich gives 10% reduced projectile speed alongside projectile damage
with the 30% increased aoe from explosives expert and some more aoe from mines wich are active (12% -> 3 mines is enough) you would still get 13 hits per ball, wich is the maximum

depending on where the 10% reduced speed node is and how much it costs to travel there, it might be worth to pick up

another thing wich i was wondering about
the pob shows, you are missing 2 dex and 7 str, where do they come from?
i thought probably catalysts, so can you share wich catalysts you used on your pieces, as it is not shown in pob

It is down by the dual wield crit node twin terrors. Halfway between ranger and duelist and is very much not worth it.

Attributes mater very little for most builds, if they are off by 10-20 or something. Just get higher rolls on gear, or attribute catalysts or even an extra roll on a jewel would be good.
Thanks for the answer. What do you think about the new node Blast Waves? It is located next to Written in Blood on the new skill tree.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blast_Waves
Path of Matth (sorry to mention this streamer again here :-)) just uploaded a nice video about this 13 hits and how to achieve this. There are many ways.

The question is now how to build around this for LL and how to min-max around the gear. I think that is just the starting point and we will all learn during the next weeks.
"
sickinsight2 wrote:
Thanks for the answer. What do you think about the new node Blast Waves? It is located next to Written in Blood on the new skill tree.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blast_Waves

I think it is a waste of 3 points. I don't think maxing aoe is going to be the way to go at all, and to do so you will have to start sacrificing some very important cluster jewel passives and such to get it. Obviously can't say 100% sure until things are properly tested, but definitely the feeling i get atm.

"
Schnuedde wrote:
Path of Matth (sorry to mention this streamer again here :-)) just uploaded a nice video about this 13 hits and how to achieve this. There are many ways.

The question is now how to build around this for LL and how to min-max around the gear. I think that is just the starting point and we will all learn during the next weeks.

I don't mind the mentioning of other streamers here at all. I stream very casually tbh and very randomly and not for a job or anything. Though donations and subs are always appreciated. I love streaming to talk to the guys that come hand out, that is why i stream. That being said i don't watch many streams myself, so it is not that i care that you are mentioning path of matth just that i have no idea who it is lol.

Have not seen the video nor have i done the calculations (which im actually pretty bad at) and obviously he has looked into it alot. But again the general gut feeling i am getting is it is not going to be worth investing all those skills into aoe and such so you can achieve the max # of hits. Will have to see how it goes with slower proj, but without investment if you can get like 10, 11, 12 hits or w/e that is more than enough lol.

Don't forget for single target fights you are literally blowing off dozens of mines x dozens of hits per thing. Even if damage was nerfed by like 10% and you get a couple less hits... reality is going to be that instead of taking 15-20 mines to phase sirius AL8 it might take 20-25 or 25-30, which in reality is about an extra second lol.
Build is completely up to date for 3.11. Tree updated, POB link updated. Only thing not in it (as per note at start of post) is the addition to cluster jewels.

Of course if you guys have any questions, ask her or feel free to stop by on my stream.
hey, wondering how you think your build compares to Akanes bl miner (mom, indigon, agnostic, etc)
"
yoloqueen wrote:
hey, wondering how you think your build compares to Akanes bl miner (mom, indigon, agnostic, etc)

No idea who that is. But i do not compare builds with other build makers. Obviously i find the most optimal build to be my own which is why i make build guides around the characters I find truly great to play that tick off all the little boxes that are required for me to fully enjoy a build and be able to do all content with it.

That being said there are always multiple ways to do a certain build. It also takes a LOT of time and commitment to keep builds updated and to make build guides for others. I would never put their efforts to waste by talking negatively about a build they have done.

That being said just from the handful of words you typed out about the build. I am not a fan of MoM or indigon and never use them. I absolutely hate running out of mana no matter the circumstance even rarely. No matter how you build around, with mana flask, etc etc. Taking enough hits or casting enough spells will always make you run out of mana which i absolutely hate.

Anyway you will have to choose build based on your own thoughts. Good luck to you exile.
Well, I've been digging around looking for what I plan to start the league with, had quite a few options I was looking at. This is the winner.

Fired up a test run in Standard to see what leveling was like, so I limited myself to only things I found running this character, and it's been amazing. I've made it to Kitava version 1, zero deaths so far. Ran all the way through Malachai just running mines in a three link, literally random flasks, and an Axiom sceptre. I imagine farming a Tabula would take you deep into the atlas.

Struggled a bit with gear socket colours and links, but that probably won't be as much of a challenge in league where I'm playing with some guildmates, we help each other out at need.

See you all in the new league!
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info