[3.16] g00fy_goober's Ball Lightning Miner Saboteur (Easily clear all content) REVAMPED

"
nman99 wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

I have no idea what path of Matth is. Staffs are horrible.

Content creator that ended up pointing to your build in the description of his video.

https://youtu.be/SvAMp1r8JCY

Well as Odysuss pointed out tremor rod is bad, but its the super simple 1c unique item that allows you to get rolling. It is not optimal but it is definitely the hey i just started league, have 17c to my name and wtf should i do now.

Whereas my build with crafted lightning spell gear, Low life and es stuff is obviously not a league starter in any means.

Now honestly SHOUTOUT TO GGG!!! I love how you can take a build and essentially do both. Play mines, start out with the cheap life/tremor variant and save up and transition into the super awesome end game LL ES awesomeness. I mean there are a lot of builds that do this.... but it really is awesome watching builds unfold as you go along and put more into it. GGG does this extremely well (most of the time :P)
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
nman99 wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

I have no idea what path of Matth is. Staffs are horrible.

Content creator that ended up pointing to your build in the description of his video.

https://youtu.be/SvAMp1r8JCY

Well as Odysuss pointed out tremor rod is bad, but its the super simple 1c unique item that allows you to get rolling. It is not optimal but it is definitely the hey i just started league, have 17c to my name and wtf should i do now.

Whereas my build with crafted lightning spell gear, Low life and es stuff is obviously not a league starter in any means.

Now honestly SHOUTOUT TO GGG!!! I love how you can take a build and essentially do both. Play mines, start out with the cheap life/tremor variant and save up and transition into the super awesome end game LL ES awesomeness. I mean there are a lot of builds that do this.... but it really is awesome watching builds unfold as you go along and put more into it. GGG does this extremely well (most of the time :P)

I can only agree to this. This will be a smooth leveling build and a easy change to the low life version with crafted gear. And there are so many different variations. All with the same base but with some minor modifications to bringt it to the top.

I just started a little bit to practice the leveling for this build and now be super hyped for the next league to try it out. Hopefully have enough currency after a few day´s to migrate to a low life version.
Would you recommend using Arc for leveling and clearing maps & switch to Ball Lightning for bossing? And can I use the same skill tree for the two gems or do they need different builds/items?
"
sickinsight2 wrote:
Would you recommend using Arc for leveling and clearing maps & switch to Ball Lightning for bossing? And can I use the same skill tree for the two gems or do they need different builds/items?

I would use arc at level 12 just because BL requires 28. Once you get BL though i enjoy it much more than arc.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
sickinsight2 wrote:

I would use arc at level 12 just because BL requires 28. Once you get BL though i enjoy it much more than arc.

Many leveling guides for Arc/BL-Miner mention to just use 2 3-4links for that.
Use BL for bosses, Arc for the rest.
"
Schnuedde wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
sickinsight2 wrote:

Many leveling guides for Arc/BL-Miner mention to just use 2 3-4links for that.
Use BL for bosses, Arc for the rest.

Yup all comes down to personal preference, but honestly i e njoyed BL for both, so i would probably just run BL straight myself.
So after patch notes we getting nerfed slower projectiles,and buffed ball lighting,how this gonna affect build?
Last edited by Khaiibizin on Jun 17, 2020, 2:54:24 AM
there are even bigger nerfs on the tree as in the crit multi and mine damage nodes
overall big hit to damage of mine builds in general, but the playstyle and survivability of the build didn't take a hit
however the damage of ball lightning got increased by 25% at max level (if my calculations are correct)

question is how, severe the damage nerfs will influence the bossing
i think the slower proj change may even feel nice on mapping in general, as the clear damage is increased and the proj travels farther

goofy, what is your opinion on the changes?

also, will you update the build in any way?

also as this is my first post in this thread nice build, and i am considering it as a league starter (i know shavs and the like are expensive)

edit: i just watched the video of path of matth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpvJ8AqS1HQ
he explains, that by getting increased aoe, you can still get 13 hits per ball lightning on an enemy
but in order to get that you need 100% increased aoe (you only get 30% in aoe from explosives expert)
so i dont know if getting aoe nodes on the tree would be worth it
Last edited by Akline on Jun 17, 2020, 7:07:37 AM

Nerfs:
https://i.redd.it/76vdhftmsd551.png

For me it looks as if all of the nodes are still viable.

Buffs:
Now deals 3 to 57 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (from 3 to 48), to 28 to 533 Lightning Damage at gem level 20 (from 22 to 426).
Now has an added Damage effectiveness of 50% (from 40%).
Now costs 12 mana at gem level 1 (from 13), up to 23 mana at gem level 20 (from 25).

Question 1: Ball Lightning is now influenced by slower projectiles. Should I bother about projectile speed?

I thought about Lethal Assault? It takes 6 skill points for 20 inc Crit Chance, 12 inc Spell Dmg, 20 inc Mana Regen, +20INT, 32 inc Dmg, 20 inc Projectile Speed and 20 inc AoE. That looks like a lot but I do not know what to cut.

Question 2: Is it worth to annoint Efficient Explosives over +5 inc ES?
- 25% increased Mine Damage
- 15% reduced Mana Reservation of Skills that throw Mines
- Mines have a 10% chance to be Detonated an Additional Time
"
Khaiibizin wrote:
So after patch notes we getting nerfed slower projectiles,and buffed ball lighting,how this gonna affect build?

Will try to update guides as much as possible but its literally impossible with all the damn changes to all the builds, passive tree, mechanics, notables, etc literally every build will have to be completely redone.

That being said mostly BL miner has not changed. Minor number nerfs, BL buffed a bit, slower proj speed increased (which is a nerf). Largely this build should remain unchanged though.

"
Akline wrote:
there are even bigger nerfs on the tree as in the crit multi and mine damage nodes
overall big hit to damage of mine builds in general, but the playstyle and survivability of the build didn't take a hit
however the damage of ball lightning got increased by 25% at max level (if my calculations are correct)

question is how, severe the damage nerfs will influence the bossing
i think the slower proj change may even feel nice on mapping in general, as the clear damage is increased and the proj travels farther

goofy, what is your opinion on the changes?

also, will you update the build in any way?

also as this is my first post in this thread nice build, and i am considering it as a league starter (i know shavs and the like are expensive)

edit: i just watched the video of path of matth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpvJ8AqS1HQ
he explains, that by getting increased aoe, you can still get 13 hits per ball lightning on an enemy
but in order to get that you need 100% increased aoe (you only get 30% in aoe from explosives expert)
so i dont know if getting aoe nodes on the tree would be worth it

You summed it up pretty nicely. Most of the passive nodes on tree were nerfed a bit which in reality don't matter at all, way to small to count, though a bit less than before for sure. The important part is what you stated about clearspeed vs boss. Clearspeed will probably be slightly better just because even with slower proj now the balls will move faster than they did before. For bossing though, this means that the damage will *tick* less because they move through the boss faster. HOWEVER for most bosses i don't think it will be an issue. BL miner did such a crazy amount of dmg, i don't think this will be a very significant change. The playstyle still remains of holding down right click hitting flasks (including enduring mana one) and just detonate, detonate, detonate).

I will update the tree and such as much as i can, but the big thing will still be cluster jewels. I will have this all in the changelog, but optimally there is probably a setup with at least 1 cluster maybe 2, and dropping nodes elsewhere on the tree. I definitely will not have time to go through all the cluster jewels and update them until i am able to re make all of the builds for my guides (which honestly is over due).

"
sickinsight2 wrote:

Nerfs:
https://i.redd.it/76vdhftmsd551.png

For me it looks as if all of the nodes are still viable.

Buffs:
Now deals 3 to 57 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (from 3 to 48), to 28 to 533 Lightning Damage at gem level 20 (from 22 to 426).
Now has an added Damage effectiveness of 50% (from 40%).
Now costs 12 mana at gem level 1 (from 13), up to 23 mana at gem level 20 (from 25).

Question 1: Ball Lightning is now influenced by slower projectiles. Should I bother about projectile speed?

I thought about Lethal Assault? It takes 6 skill points for 20 inc Crit Chance, 12 inc Spell Dmg, 20 inc Mana Regen, +20INT, 32 inc Dmg, 20 inc Projectile Speed and 20 inc AoE. That looks like a lot but I do not know what to cut.

Question 2: Is it worth to annoint Efficient Explosives over +5 inc ES?
- 25% increased Mine Damage
- 15% reduced Mana Reservation of Skills that throw Mines
- Mines have a 10% chance to be Detonated an Additional Time

This is a good little summary. Don't forget you do not WANT projectile speed for this build. Yes they help on clear a bit, but the slower the go the more damage they deal. The nerf to slower projectiles was they changed the speed it reduces it from 49% slower to 30% slower. Meaning that BL will actually have MORE projectile speed and travel faster.

As for your 2nd question, no. Do not forget it is just not 5% es that tranquility gives you, 5% es would not be a good anoint. But it gives you transfiguration of soul. Which means increases and reductions to ES apply to your spell damage at 30% of its value. Currently losing this node is like a -13% dmg on POB (b4 update) so you would have to find a single node that gives you over 13% dmg which is going to be pretty impossible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info