[3.16] g00fy_goober's Ball Lightning Miner Saboteur (Easily clear all content) REVAMPED

What should be my goal now apart from Circle of Regret and a Watcher's Eye that I can't afford lol (I changed my build from a 6L Staff Pyroclast Mine to Ball Lightning due to not being able to see anything when I RIP to Sirius -.-)
How viable is this build for league starter (life instead of ES)? Assuming it doesn't get nerfed next league I was thinking of running this.

Are there any conqueror mods that would be worth looking for on gear?
Oh shit is this phys refle-
"
Mardan1820 wrote:
How viable is this build for league starter (life instead of ES)? Assuming it doesn't get nerfed next league I was thinking of running this.

I mean build definitely truly shines with a bit of investment, and low life version, but would probably be fine as a league start life base. Some cool crusader mods could be grabbed, helms and such come to mind.

Could also grab normal gear with enchant/most of mods you need and slam something possible. Think i did that to my helm with just like es/res + enchant and slammed like % ele damage, was pretty cool.
"
Mardan1820 wrote:

I would not call it viable as a league starter, but you can easily start as a basic life based trapper for instance, arc trap,lightning trap,whatever else.... and switch to mines when you start farming some currency. You also don't have to respec as much, as mines/traps in this instance are really not that different on the passive tree, as in what points you take.

The damage potential you get from mines vs traps is not really noticeable while leveling or in early mapping.

That is what I did last league, took a basic trapper, went to I think T12-13 red maps with it, had a 5 link tinkerskin and some basic gear. Farmed some currency,bought a shavs, and switched to mines.
Last edited by Nosferat on May 1, 2020, 3:18:34 AM
Hi

I'm new to mine build so please do not laugh if my question is silly/noobish. I wonder why Added Lightning Damage instead of Lightning Penetration? PoB shows higher DPS with lightning penetration. Honestly - I'm confused with this choice...
Last edited by starczek on May 7, 2020, 6:32:29 AM
I don't know about POB, it tends not to show the actual damage you deal, it does not really work for ball lightning mines.

The awakened, not simple added lightning damage, but awakened added lightning damage not only adds flat lightning damage but also gives +1 to supported lightning skill gems when you reach lvl 5 with it.
Last edited by Nosferat on May 7, 2020, 11:46:54 AM
"
starczek wrote:
Hi

I'm new to mine build so please do not laugh if my question is silly/noobish. I wonder why Added Lightning Damage instead of Lightning Penetration? PoB shows higher DPS with lightning penetration. Honestly - I'm confused with this choice...

Not a silly question but it always depends on skills/flasks/calculations and under what conditions. I think if i am remembering properly, lightning pen was better than added lightning but AWAKENED added lightning gives a lot more flat lightning dmg (about 25% more than the non awakened version) AND then it gives +1 gem lightning gem levels. So Awakened added lightning is a lot more than lightning pen.
Hi everyone! I play an aurabuffer and of the two friends that play with me, one of them followed this guide to make a ball lightning miner. Now that I have all my buffs setup, I can keep us all at 90% resistances even if they have - res on their gear so we were trying to maximize damage output and surviveability by sacrificing all of the resistance on their gear. So basically my question is- If you don't have to worry about resistance at all, what items would be the absolute max damage output and what mods on rares would provide that for ball lightning miner?

I just found him a helmet with ball lightning fires an additional projectile, nearby enemies - lightning res and 4-93 lightning damage to spells. So I thought that was a good start. Would we want to add a second circle of regret ring to further buff herald of thunder? Or maybe some other unique ring that could help?

For belt I was thinking some sort of Wrath buff effect string of servitude and % max ES or movement speed. I really don't know if theres other good mods on boots and gloves that could be beneficial...like would tailwind boots and culling gloves do anything? Any other crazy ideas y'all can come up with are very welcome!!

I know we can't remove chayula or shavronnes, but everything else is essentially able to be played with correct?

*Price is not really an issue
Last edited by vornskr on May 8, 2020, 4:32:05 PM
https://pastebin.com/WGNf0xVy
not sure why i keep dying can u checkout my build? thanku :)
Also how did u sustained ur mana?
I constantly have the need to pop my mana flasks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info