[3.14] Kami's Life | LL | CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin | all Content | deep Delve | max Block

Now that PoB fork is updated to allow Thread of Hope, here's my PoB for modified tree - Thread of Hope where the Accuracy jewel would go, added Accuracy to my gear to compensate (99% hit rate as is). 11.8K ES, average hit per Ice Nova with Cyclone is 99k.

Great build, thanks!

https://pastebin.com/mdzQGk0v

Edit - not sure why, but PoB shows my resistances aren't capped. They are at 82 / 76 / 94.
Last edited by AdamnMiller on Feb 11, 2020, 10:43:40 PM
"
AdamnMiller wrote:

Edit - not sure why, but PoB shows my resistances aren't capped. They are at 82 / 76 / 94.

Also noticed this with my resistances. I'm over cap on mine too, but it shows less in POB.
I've given up trying to find what is missing :)
What's the best way to get a good belt? If I look at the belts on some of you guys a lot of you have a crazy belt with cooldown recovery, increased maximum ES & increased ES from body armour.

Do you just spam dense fossils on a crusader crystal belt? Or do you use an awakener's orb and pray? Using an awakener's orb seems like such an expensive gamble though.
"
Ohbabyitsken wrote:
What's the best way to get a good belt? If I look at the belts on some of you guys a lot of you have a crazy belt with cooldown recovery, increased maximum ES & increased ES from body armour.

Do you just spam dense fossils on a crusader crystal belt? Or do you use an awakener's orb and pray? Using an awakener's orb seems like such an expensive gamble though.

Dense fossils for me. But use a shaper crystal belt since weight of mod is much higher (800 vs. 250) for cooldown recovery
Was probably my favorite build this league, the CI with block made it really hard to die to most content. Thanks for the guide!

Current gear:

How to build this a league starter?
Is it possible to kill yourself with Vortex in ele reflect maps?

Had a Hydra map where I randomly died twice - it was an ele reflect, less 75% recovery map and I think the reflect damage from Vortex was killing me.

Vortex is not cast on crit so I don't think it's covered by assassin reflect immunity. Generally I never noticed an issue with ele reflect maps before but I think I was able to out-leech the reflect damage from Vortex. Not so much with this one it would seem.
"
Ohbabyitsken wrote:

I made 2 using awakener's orbs. Expensive attempt.
First one turned out ok, but I bricked it with an annul orb.

Second one is the one I'm using now.

Last night, I gave the first bricked one with dual influence to a mate who's making this build.
His first dense fossil returned t1 flat ES, t1 cooldown recovery, t1 increased max ES.

Other 3 rolls were junk.
Sadly, we then bricked it with an annul again :D

So if you want to dense spam, you can pick up a dual influenced belt cheap enough.
Last edited by IrishRoyal on Feb 13, 2020, 5:46:27 AM
"
scrambled777 wrote:
Is it possible to kill yourself with Vortex in ele reflect maps?

Had a Hydra map where I randomly died twice - it was an ele reflect, less 75% recovery map and I think the reflect damage from Vortex was killing me.

Vortex is not cast on crit so I don't think it's covered by assassin reflect immunity. Generally I never noticed an issue with ele reflect maps before but I think I was able to out-leech the reflect damage from Vortex. Not so much with this one it would seem.

If Vortex crits it should not reflect. And you probably don't have many supports to boost the hit damage which is already low to start. So it's probably not that, but it could be.

The ground DOT does not reflect. I did maps as a Vortex occultist by just dropping puddles near them, hitting 1 or 2 did not one shot me so it shouldn't here.

On this build I don't use Vortex except for bosses anyway, it's unnecessary when clearing. If you don't have 100% crit on your triggered spells (such as if Bottled Faith or Diamond Flask is down) that's the more likely explanation.

Edit: For those of you without capped resistances, check you have Alira ticked instead of the default bandit choice.
Last edited by SuperBurgers on Feb 13, 2020, 6:31:48 PM
"
SuperBurgers wrote:

If Vortex crits it should not reflect. And you probably don't have many supports to boost the hit damage which is already low to start. So it's probably not that, but it could be.

The ground DOT does not reflect. I did maps as a Vortex occultist by just dropping puddles near them, hitting 1 or 2 did not one shot me so it shouldn't here.

On this build I don't use Vortex except for bosses anyway, it's unnecessary when clearing. If you don't have 100% crit on your triggered spells (such as if Bottled Faith or Diamond Flask is down) that's the more likely explanation.

Edit: For those of you without capped resistances, check you have Alira ticked instead of the default bandit choice.

Yeah I checked PoB and it's probably the Frost Bolt/Ice Nova from my Cospri's. Chest Ice Nova has 100% crit chance without flasks up but Cospri Frost Bolt has 74% and Cospri Ice Nova has 82%. Without flasks up, a few unlucky non-crits would have done me in if my leech was gimped.

I think generally without less recovery map mod, the ES recovery/leech would have been enough to keep me alive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info