Hitting 100 in POE

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
some people have the oppinion:
Its always been like this so we dont change it.

doesnt matter how stupid something is: they argue for the sake of arguing

Actually, if you cared at all about the other side of the argument, you'd know there's plenty of arguments. If you'd been around for long enough you'd even know it used to be 15% but was lowered to 10% in the past. Honestly, there's some irony in you claiming I don't read your more than spurious arguments and now you deny that those who oppose removing the Death Penalty have any arguments.

The forum search function is a thing, you know. Go educate yourself

why do you always sound like someone not being able to take other peoples opinion?
I know you guys dont want stuff trivialized, no corpse smashing till bosses fall and while you seem to forget that the limiting factor being portals can be reduced even further to adjust to that I get that changes can be scary at times and can be quite frightening, its okay to feel that way

"If you'd been around for long enough you'd even know it used to be 15% but was lowered to 10% in the past. "
....whats your point on this one though? why even bring it up?
"hooray it was higher in the past now all my problems with this game are settled!" expect something like this? :D

educate yourself *insert snooty laughter*
Last edited by Tolerantzdestr0yer on May 2, 2020, 2:44:46 PM
"
why do you always sound like someone not being able to take other peoples opinion?
I know you guys dont want stuff trivialized, no corpse smashing till bosses fall and while you seem to forget that the limiting factor being portals can be reduced even further to adjust to that I get that changes can be scary at times and can be quite frightening, its okay to feel that way

"If you'd been around for long enough you'd even know it used to be 15% but was lowered to 10% in the past. "
....whats your point on this one though? why even bring it up?
"hooray it was higher in the past now all my problems with this game are settled!" expect something like this? :D

educate yourself *insert snooty laughter*

Kinda late to the party. I made that reply on April 9th. Just putting this out ther for clarification if anyone is looking for my other post.

[Removed by Support]

Since there's nothing in it to respond to, I'll leave you with my best wishes and hopes for a quick recovery, lol.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on May 2, 2020, 3:45:08 PM
"

What should GGG do to POE?

Honestly I think GGG should remove the exp penalty on death

I've argued before on this forum that they should never remove it, but after doing the 100 push myself I realize how boring it is.

GGG should increase the amount of time it takes to hit 100 by making an even larger amount of exp needed
(if they want to make it hard)

But I shouldn't have to ruin my gameplay and grind boring content just to hit 100..

Hitting 100 should be a show of dedication, not a reflection of knowledge that Breachstones are ez

Anyone reading can easily hit lvl 100 if they want to, most people just dont want to waste their time doing it because it doesnt really matter.

There is no incentive to hit 100

Whoop-de-doo I have a gold name on poe.trade now... Who f*cking cares

There is little-to-no power to be changed on my tree from hitting 100 and I really think GGG should rethink the entire leveling experience.

Nice thoughtful post. I clipped out what I thought was the core of the OP that should be discussed. I think you really framed the question pretty well.

Reaching level 100 is a chase goal right now. (One that I was never interested in doing.) The death penalty and the huge amount of experience points to advance after level 95 is what makes it so hard. If GGG got rid of the death penalty there still might be a chase goal of reaching level 100 but it would be fundamentally changed. For example, GGG might increase the experience points required between levels, especially for the last few levels.

Is having the level 100 chase goal worth the irritation that the death penalty causes? I think that is the question. GGG says yes. I say probably not from an analytical perspective of what would be best for the game. But, GGG is in a much better position to do the analytics on that. For example, how common is it for people to quit playing after dying and for how long, etc..

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Level 100 is fine.

It just gives 2 extra passive points, which isn't much for 99% of builds (slightly more HP and one more jewel slot).

Yes, it is part of Endgame Grinds, but those are Endgame Grinds for a reason. There are Cleanse Darkshrines in the Labyrinth or 500 Azurite Mine encounters, the Simulacrum one requires tanky build to survive last 3-4 waves as well.
100 or one hundred (Roman numeral: Ⅽ)is the natural number following 99 and preceding 101.

In medieval contexts, it may be described as the short hundred or five score in order to differentiate the English and Germanic use of "hundred" to describe the long hundred of six score or 120 or in the modern area in some respect sometimes as a sign of idiocy.

100 is the basis of percentages (per cent meaning "per hundred" in Latin), with 100% being a full amount or beeing full of shit as in like posting stuff on a forum.

100 is the sum of the first nine prime numbers, as well as the sum of some pairs of prime numbers e.g., 3 + 97, 11 + 89, 17 + 83, 29 + 71, 41 + 59, and 47 + 53.

100 is an 18-gonal number. It is divisible by 25, the number of primes below it. It can not be expressed as the difference between any integer and the total of coprimes below it, making it a noncototient. It can be expressed as a sum of some of its divisors, making it a semiperfect number.

In Greece, India, Israel, Wraeclast and Nepal, 100 is the police telephone number.
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
any noob can take 100 by playing trade league. all this rmt-losers or/and hh-clowns and breach-rotas heroes, that means nothing. guy can swing with credit card and bam few days or week and do 100. look at poe ninja, 5000 losers took 100 lvl playing trade softcore league. its not even an accomplishment anymore.

i respect those who take 100 lvl on ssf, thats real challange. 61 players in ssf delirium did that. well done, even with hh, in ssf you earn it, still only 7 ppl with hh took 100. ssf hc is even better its only 38 players took 100 there, but i dont think hc mode is good in this game.

i took 100 and 40/40 in trade league easilly like its nothing. i want to go ssf next league and try to do 100 there because i dont have anything else to do in my shitty life and that will be an accomplishment for me. of course a drawback of taking 100 in ssf in this game may be some problems with health such as (but not limited to): hemorrhoids, prostatitis (prostate inflamatory process), carpal tunnel syndrome, osteochondrosis (neck).

Yep. How to hit 100 in a nutshell:
1. Use fotm op build (IE, don't pick a melee strike skill)
2. Trade until you can buy a headhunter
3. nolife pure breachstones until your eyes bleed, which may happen quickly or slowly depending on screen-vomit build choices
4. stay away from dd bosses (they will rip you even with hh)
5. profit
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"

What should GGG do to POE?

Honestly I think GGG should remove the exp penalty on death

I've argued before on this forum that they should never remove it, but after doing the 100 push myself I realize how boring it is.

GGG should increase the amount of time it takes to hit 100 by making an even larger amount of exp needed
(if they want to make it hard)

But I shouldn't have to ruin my gameplay and grind boring content just to hit 100..

Hitting 100 should be a show of dedication, not a reflection of knowledge that Breachstones are ez

Anyone reading can easily hit lvl 100 if they want to, most people just dont want to waste their time doing it because it doesnt really matter.

There is no incentive to hit 100

Whoop-de-doo I have a gold name on poe.trade now... Who f*cking cares

There is little-to-no power to be changed on my tree from hitting 100 and I really think GGG should rethink the entire leveling experience.

Nice thoughtful post. I clipped out what I thought was the core of the OP that should be discussed. I think you really framed the question pretty well.

Reaching level 100 is a chase goal right now. (One that I was never interested in doing.) The death penalty and the huge amount of experience points to advance after level 95 is what makes it so hard. If GGG got rid of the death penalty there still might be a chase goal of reaching level 100 but it would be fundamentally changed. For example, GGG might increase the experience points required between levels, especially for the last few levels.

Is having the level 100 chase goal worth the irritation that the death penalty causes? I think that is the question. GGG says yes. I say probably not from an analytical perspective of what would be best for the game. But, GGG is in a much better position to do the analytics on that. For example, how common is it for people to quit playing after dying and for how long, etc..

I agree.
"Is having the level 100 chase goal worth the irritation that the death penalty causes? I think that is the question. GGG says yes. I say probably not"
I agree so much.
I forgot I commented on this FIVE months ago lol...

Anyway, thought an interesting way of keeping death penalty, keeping the grind, but making it more...challenging?

Reduce exp given by normal/magic/rare mobs by like 50% and increase exp given by map bosses by a few thousand %, and make Shaper/Elder/etc kills worth like...an average T16 map's worth of exp (or a few maps worth).

Basically make the effort of doing harder things actually worth it. If you're grinding to 100, Sirus (no matter how good you are or how built you are specifically for that fight) is NOT a value proposition. You get basically 0 xp for him and even a 1% chance of dying to the fight is too high.

Sure, it would mean some people would just use their infinite fortunes to target farm Shaper/Elder/Uber, but that's not much different from Pure Breachstone farming anyway.

I'm talking about reasons for your AVERAGE player to try harder things, improve to the point that the xp outweighs the risk, then trying even harder things.

The GEAR is supposed to be the reason for doing those things...but choosing exclusively between leveling and targeted drops feels bad. I can't tell you how many times at level 95+ I've stopped playing for WEEKS at like 80% xp, because I don't want to grind grind grind boring things, but doing like 30 shapers in a row is completely pointless and most likely I'll have a couple purple ball deaths in there.

wtf did i just read?
"going to 100 gives you almost nothing and is irrelevant", but "im gonna go towards 100 and devs must listen to what i say"? srsly? what kind of logic is this? if you dont want to grind towards 100, why are you cheezing it, and then trying to create another holywar( from how TS starts the topic and from how he answered on pretty solid criticism im pretty sure thats his plan from the start anyways)? whats the point of this topic? if you going intentionally easiest way to get towards your goal, which is intentionally grindy, but in exchange you dont risk anything, why are you crying afterwards that the way is boring, when it is boring only because you've choose it to be that way? the game is fine, and you are just another nuisance
am i the only one who enjoy gameplay on its own and care less about leveling or death? you dont delevel from dying, say thx for that magnificent decision. looks like you guys are too soft and never play mmos where deleveling from death was a thing. oh, those precious memories...
Last edited by Ecroartu on May 16, 2020, 7:20:37 PM
"
The way Id sum up the entire experience?

It was easy and f*cking boring

I guess that's better than hard and boring? :P
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info