Hitting 100 in POE

"
zzang wrote:
Death penalty is a good thing to prevent 4k life Abyssus Mathil style builds from dominating the game by zerging content to death successfully.

Surprisingly mathil builds these days are pretty hc viable.
GGG caters to a small group of elitist streamers and never even read any feedback on their site, if you want them to see this become a popular streamer and post it on reddit.
Death penalty sucks, i have a lot of 95+ but i never bother to get 100 because i rather play the game than sit in t8 maps all day hitting alt f4 if i see a lightning mirage.
"
plaguefear wrote:

Death penalty sucks, i have a lot of 95+ but i never bother to get 100 because i rather play the game than sit in t8 maps all day hitting alt f4 if i see a lightning mirage.

Honestly, if you play trade league, you can do it safely even solo, just run like 200 beachhead maps from 95 to 100.
Hitting 100 is irrelevant tho, no build absolutely requires it. More like feeling one's e-peen growing bigger.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
dW2005 wrote:
"
plaguefear wrote:

Honestly, if you play trade league, you can do it safely even solo, just run like 200 beachhead maps from 95 to 100.
Hitting 100 is irrelevant tho, no build absolutely requires it. More like feeling one's e-peen growing bigger.
Rather watch paint dry.
I am sorry if half the text is off-topic, but I wrote it, so I send it :-)

"
Boyan2545 wrote:
"
frostzor27 wrote:
Problem is not 5 more passives. The huge and main problem with death penalty is:

F R U S T R A T I O N.

+1

My personal opinion is, F R U S T R A T I O N is the biggest issue in the game in general. Not only when it comes to leveling. It is literally impossible for me to interact with other players (if there is a reaction at all) and not to get mad, angry, frustrated, botherd, flamed, named, high-horsed or reprimanded.

Maybe I am too sensitive for PoE, dont know if I am the only one with that kind of experience. The way how player interact with each other is limited to a whisp, an invite, a trade, a ty and a group leave. All that with a makro. And if it takes 4 seconds to come to the sellers hideout instead of the expected 2, I just can whisp the next seller cause the trade will probably not happen at all.

Maybe the XP penalty is the reason for it. I understand that most of the players that stick to their goals (be it lvl 100 or what ever) want to reach it as fast as possible. But besides the pixels, the numbers and the earned or payed mtx, to me there is more than that to make a game fun. Deaths are shit and even annoying at low levels without CoD-Portal. But why the heck do people make it others problem when they die.

If the game would be like that every death is our own fault, I would agree that content does not have to be passed to reach lvl 100, because for every mechanic I would want to do on my road to 100, I could build around to be able to survive. But, most of the deaths I faced this league are not because I am a dump dodge cripple but not foreseeable stuff (like I once came back to the first stage of Tropical Island after the map was cleared and got killed by an explosion nearby a chest I opened - like 3 minutes after the mob died right there, the death-mechanic killed me. What a fun-fact).

It is sad that challenges in this game have nothing to do with skill or knowledge, everything a player needs is time. And the support titles and challenge numbers in front of character names tell nothing but that priorities in life differ from player to player. The reasons can be anything - this is not an offend in any way. It simply is true - one has to work, other can play. One has the money, other needs <insert anything>.

It is weird that everyone having 40 challenges is stamped as an addicted solitary whereas everyone not having 40 challenges is stamped as a noob that better does not argue at all. PoE is not like WoW where achievements actually mean something (well, some of them do). Those 40 challenges are just the number of invested play time. Some are more efficient and do things quicker as others, but in fact it only is showing how much time one wasted to get there. 3.10 however makes it really easy, I mean really easy, to climb the challenge ladder.

I might be willing to invest the time, but as long as I am forced to do content that I dont like to reach that goal I rather play another char or even other games.

So for me, to reach lvl 100, I can do 50 blighted maps, I can farm those conquerors and waves, but I deny to delve or to run labs. That content just isnt for me. To close the circle, the only option left is lvl 100, and it is either grinding heavy time consuming boring or simply RNG if I ever reach it until league ends. What a brilliant game mechanic to keep me exited.

Now, one could argue, in a game created by a company named Grinding Gear Games, it is better to expect grinding. Sure. But why not make getting challenges even challenging and on top of that those challenges are rewarded? Why not make game mechanics at least forseeable so that one can decide to risk it or not?

With no xp penalty but higher xp for end-game content or maybe even one last special skill point for some kind of bonus ascendancy, like n% more effect of one chosen ascendancy skill point, a new skill point, an extra skill point, etc., would be a reasonable challenge to work for.

"
Boyan2545 wrote:

For example my gf often walks in front of the TV, once I remember dying because of it, back then I didn't know about the penalty, so it didn't bother me, but at level 99 a death would be a solid breakup reason.

That actually made me laugh...
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
Last edited by ibims111 on May 1, 2020, 5:10:45 PM
"
ibims111 wrote:

Maybe I am too sensitive for PoE, dont know if I am the only one with that kind of experience. The way how player interact with each other is limited to a whisp, an invite, a trade, a ty and a group leave. All that with a makro. And if it takes 4 seconds to come to the sellers hideout instead of the expected 2, I just can whisp the next seller cause the trade will probably not happen at all.

Yep too sensitive. When your window is 4s you're expecting people to be ready at your beckon call instead of remembering they might be playing the game too and in the middle of something.

Not everyone runs a macro and some of us still aren't on ssds.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
ibims111 wrote:

And if it takes 4 seconds to come to the sellers hideout instead of the expected 2, I just can whisp the next seller cause the trade will probably not happen at all.

Yep too sensitive. When your window is 4s you're expecting people to be ready at your beckon call instead of remembering they might be playing the game too and in the middle of something.

Not everyone runs a macro and some of us still aren't on ssds.

dude, it is me struggling with not getting a trade because I need 4 seconds to get there sometimes. sorry if that wasnt clear enough (..if it takes 4 seconds to come to the seller...I just can whisp the next seller...)
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
any noob can take 100 by playing trade league. all this rmt-losers or/and hh-clowns and breach-rotas heroes, that means nothing. guy can swing with credit card and bam few days or week and do 100. look at poe ninja, 5000 losers took 100 lvl playing trade softcore league. its not even an accomplishment anymore.

i respect those who take 100 lvl on ssf, thats real challange. 61 players in ssf delirium did that. well done, even with hh, in ssf you earn it, still only 7 ppl with hh took 100. ssf hc is even better its only 38 players took 100 there, but i dont think hc mode is good in this game.

i took 100 and 40/40 in trade league easilly like its nothing. i want to go ssf next league and try to do 100 there because i dont have anything else to do in my shitty life and that will be an accomplishment for me. of course a drawback of taking 100 in ssf in this game may be some problems with health such as (but not limited to): hemorrhoids, prostatitis (prostate inflamatory process), carpal tunnel syndrome, osteochondrosis (neck).
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on May 2, 2020, 1:04:17 PM
"
yamface wrote:
"
zzang wrote:
Death penalty is a good thing to prevent 4k life Abyssus Mathil style builds from dominating the game by zerging content to death successfully.

Surprisingly mathil builds these days are pretty hc viable.

Got some giant doubts about that.
"
When you're pushing for 100 you avoid doing anything that might rip your character

I agree with op. This is why i haven't bothered with level 100. I don't want to to play the game that way. It's no fun to have to skip content to avoid losing xp.

Remove the death penalty or change it into something else. The grind is long enough as it is.

It would be fun to go for level 100 once like i did in diablo 2. But not with the death penalty and doing easy content instead of what i want to do.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 2, 2020, 2:11:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info