[3.10] "Occultist would like to know your location" - Double DoT Toxic Rain trapper [Trickster]

Wouldn't the phys to chaos conversion boost the dot as Toxic Rain tooltip shows 50% of Phys dmg converted to Chaos dmg which would increase the base chaos damage for the DoT right? Also, would be a bit of 'double dipping'. I could be totally wrong in how I'm understanding how it does it's math, but from my experience with other builds that use conversions it seems like ti should be fairly strong.

Also i get the poisons are only for Plague bearer stacks but figured if we poison anyways, why not add on some more damage for them too as we are applying them anyways and it's another Chaos DoT which means they benefit from all the Chaos DoT multipliers we already take for scaling Toxic Rains DoT no?
Last edited by Guru1619 on Apr 6, 2020, 10:06:04 AM
"
Guru1619 wrote:
Wouldn't the phys to chaos conversion boost the dot as Toxic Rain tooltip shows 50% of Phys dmg converted to Chaos dmg which would increase the base chaos damage for the DoT right? Also, would be a bit of 'double dipping'. I could be totally wrong in how I'm understanding how it does it's math, but from my experience with other builds that use conversions it seems like ti should be fairly strong.

Also i get the poisons are only for Plague bearer stacks but figured if we poison anyways, why not add on some more damage for them too as we are applying them anyways and it's another Chaos DoT which means they benefit from all the Chaos DoT multipliers we already take for scaling Toxic Rains DoT no?

That conversion would only apply to the "hit" part of the skill, which is the initial impact. It would not increase the damage over time after pods explode, since those are dealing pure chaos damage over time. DoT does not apply poison either.

Toxic rain has extremely low effective added damage for on-hit effects, meaning it's difficult to apply strong poisons.

The thing is: if you want to try it, go ahead. I focused on chaos DoT because that's what worked for me in this build.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Apr 6, 2020, 11:51:12 AM
"
Ydoum wrote:

That conversion would only apply to the "hit" part of the skill, which is the initial impact. It would not increase the damage over time after pods explode, since those are dealing pure chaos damage over time. DoT does not apply poison either.

Toxic rain has extremely low effective added damage for on-hit effects, meaning it's difficult to apply strong poisons.

The thing is: if you want to try it, go ahead. I focused on chaos DoT because that's what worked for me in this build.

Ah ok then, thanks for explaining that.

Yea, was looking at the poisons applied via the on-hit attacks since we spawn so many via traps thrown figured we could stack a bunch of smaller poisons very quickly. Just not entirely sure how efficient it would be compared to the Crit HoaG type of poison builds. Personally not a fan of HoaG's crawler minion but i do like the idea of applying many, many poisons!

Ok then, will do. Was just curious what your experience with it was. Thanks again for explaining everything!
"
Guru1619 wrote:
but i do like the idea of applying many, many poisons!

Ok then, will do. Was just curious what your experience with it was. Thanks again for explaining everything!

That's why I decided to roll with poison this league instead. Having a blast with it, too.

And you're welcome. :)
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info