[3.10] "Occultist would like to know your location" - Double DoT Toxic Rain trapper [Trickster]

"
Niebieskooki wrote:
"
Ydoum wrote:
"
Routchino wrote:
As i said IG, i don't understand why i can't spawn HoA while i have the 2 coated jewel.

We found the reason to be the fact that most poison damage comes from Sporeguard explosions.

He is not talking about poison dmg. He is talking about poison stacks - herald of agony doesn't care for dmg, only about stacks.

The question is from where does virualnce stacks come from - because as far as I know Traps poison does not count as your poison therefore it does not grant you virulance stacks.

Coated shrapnels do nothing for the build and you have no way of spawning HoA in a boss fight - which is probably the most helpful aspect of it.

As I mentioned.

HoA triggers upon poisoning a monster. Explosions caused by Sporeguard are massive AoE hits that spread poison in an area. This triggers HoA to spawn and the faster you explode packs, the faster you get stacks.

I am currently managing, on average, to fill my Plague Bearer every 2 large packs. This comes purely from Sporeguard explosions. Depending on the map layout, I can even be able to have the crawler up the entire map.

And this is all that really matters. Since we're not going for an actual minion build, our crawler isn't exactly a DPS machine. It's there to provide us with damage boost from the ring, and for the Plague Bearer to stack faster.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Jan 6, 2020, 7:43:20 AM
Looks cool.
Got 30 ex to burn,will try it when i get home.
Updated current items. We've got a massive DPS boost from the new bow.

With all buffs up, we are capable of dealing over 11mil shaper DPS against bosses with phases or preparation times, like metamorphs.

1 spore = 73k sDPS DoT
154 spores = 11,2mil sDPS DoT

This excludes Wither stacks and Plague Bearer.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Jan 7, 2020, 5:35:14 PM
Build has fast clear,ok single target but i am strugglin a bit with HP.
Enchant for the helmet is hard to find for resonable price.
But loving that i do not have to watch any map mods,i jusy alc and go
"
luka2113 wrote:
Build has fast clear,ok single target but i am strugglin a bit with HP.
Enchant for the helmet is hard to find for resonable price.
But loving that i do not have to watch any map mods,i jusy alc and go

I ran the lab myself. Actually, as noted in the guide, any Uber lab roll for any of the auras will reduce the mana reserved to a point where you can get enough free mana for another aura. The pool is actually good here, considering some builds need that one specific enchantment.

The HP isn't 7k, no. But remember we're using Mind over Matter and Eldritch Battery. This gives us a lot of effective HP.
I'm currently level 63 using cheap 6 link Silverbough, still doing the main quests. Leveling goes smooth sailing.

Just bought a Sporeguard, price just went up to 2 ex for non 6 sockets.

For end game should I get empower level 4? For min/max like typical Toxic Rain build?
"
Doomantia wrote:

For end game should I get empower level 4? For min/max like typical Toxic Rain build?

I checked with PoB, and in the current bow setup (+1 gems, +2 bow gems, DoT multi, Chaos DoT multi), empower gives essentially no benefits to running a typical setup, reducing the total cost of the build.

You can load up my current PoB from the guide post and check out different gem setups to give you an idea what works well.

I also suggest that, when doing end-game boss content, swap out cluster traps to a DoT gem, e.g. Swift Affliction. The initial damage over time is more important than spamming traps, especially with the new increased life on bosses + awakening levels.

PS. Did mastermind at lvl 83 yesterday. Forgot to record, but I did die once. In all fairness, I never bothered to do Catarina before, so it was new to me. I just knew the main mechanics of the fight beforehand.
Last edited by Ydoum on Jan 9, 2020, 1:43:02 PM
Really good build,loving it so far!
Any idea why im so squishy ?
I dont have mind over matter , need 6 points to get it , will this make a difference ? right now i have 0 energy shield with the helmet on it only protects mana and im sitting with 1.7k hp ( got sporeguard but i need 2 levels )
ok well i have been thru this forum cause the build looks nifty to run just want to double check a couple of things.

So if the coated shrapnel gems don't trigger HoA or give us stacks for Plague Bearer then what is the point of them?

Also if the only way to generate either of those is the Sporeguard then there is no point to either skill unless we get our hands on one?
Last edited by durandin on Jan 14, 2020, 7:17:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info