PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

[3.10] "Occultist would like to know your location" - Double DoT Toxic Rain trapper [Trickster]

"
durandin wrote:
ok well i have been thru this forum cause the build looks nifty to run just want to double check a couple of things.

So if the coated shrapnel gems don't trigger HoA or give us stacks for Plague Bearer then what is the point of them?

Also if the only way to generate either of those is the Sporeguard then there is no point to either skill unless we get our hands on one?

Coated Shrapnel is there too boost your chance to poison on hit. You could switch it out to anything else if you don't want to use poison. I just find them handy due to the fact that I can have my Plague Bearer up at essentially any time.

Without it, your chance to poison will be quite low, and your Sporeguard explosions will not always poison. That does, as you said it, make Plague Bearer useless.

"
Any idea why im so squishy ?
I dont have mind over matter , need 6 points to get it , will this make a difference ? right now i have 0 energy shield with the helmet on it only protects mana and im sitting with 1.7k hp ( got sporeguard but i need 2 levels )

Those are some low stats; you need to work on your tree and gear to get some proper sirvivability. You can always compare my PoB to your setup to see where you're lacking stats.

Mind over Matter really does help. 30% of the damage will be taken from your energy shield if you're using the Diadem (that grants Eldritch Battery).

"
yankiaea wrote:
Really good build,loving it so far!

Thanks. That's everything I would ever have hoped for; someone enjoying a non-meta build. :)
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Jan 17, 2020, 4:32:23 AM
I am happy to inform you that the build is Sirus-viable.

Did my first Sirus today ever. Awakener level 5. Died once at the final phase (got stunlocked after my ES got depleted). Other than that it was smooth sailing.

I did record it, but OBS force-fed me an update that now records everything as snapshots (<1 FPS)...
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Jan 17, 2020, 9:24:26 AM
Deathless Sirus video added, which will conclude the showcase for this build.
How well does a +3 Support Gem bow work vs the +3 Bow Skill Gem bow? I just picked one up to try with the self-cast toxic rain build, but this looks interesting too.

Should I just pick up a +3 Bow Skill weapon?
Ok, I've reseted Passive Skill Tree points from my Saboteur and change him to Trickster. After having follow your PoB, it remains 13 points : where can I put them ? ^^
Last edited by Thezibaim on Feb 17, 2020, 7:04:01 PM
"
Ajji11 wrote:
How well does a +3 Support Gem bow work vs the +3 Bow Skill Gem bow? I just picked one up to try with the self-cast toxic rain build, but this looks interesting too.

Should I just pick up a +3 Bow Skill weapon?

No clue. I guess it might be slightly better with empower, but I went for the cheaper route. I was unable to vaal a single lvl 4 empower last league.

Probably it would be best to DL my PoB and check the difference. :)
It seems like GGG change something. I have one coated shrapnel jewel and HoA as poison trigger and plague bearer as detector. So i can say: i never get poison bonuses from Toxic Rain Traps.
Hi as someone pointed out, plaguebearer and hoa do not work with this build. Is the build still viable? I'm currently lvl84, I don't have any of the uniques, because if their incredibly high price, I'm struggling a little bit. Doing t10s with ~20chaos worth of gear.

If I have to prioritize, what would be the unique priority?
"
xmassacre wrote:
Hi as someone pointed out, plaguebearer and hoa do not work with this build. Is the build still viable? I'm currently lvl84, I don't have any of the uniques, because if their incredibly high price, I'm struggling a little bit. Doing t10s with ~20chaos worth of gear.

I have pointed out multiple times that HoA is there to increase your chaos damage via the ring by a large amount. HoA is not your damaging source.

Plague Bearer is now only able to be stacked via explosions, e.g. the ones caused by the body armour; Coated Shrapnell does not affect your poison stacking.

There is a reason I did not update the guide for 3.10. I am sorry, but I do not play same builds over and over again. I try different things each league and see what's worth making a guide for.
Last edited by Ydoum on Mar 18, 2020, 5:30:46 AM
"
Ydoum wrote:
"
xmassacre wrote:

I have pointed out multiple times that HoA is there to increase your chaos damage via the ring by a large amount. HoA is not your damaging source.

Plague Bearer is now only able to be stacked via explosions, e.g. the ones caused by the body armour; Coated Shrapnell does not affect your poison stacking.

There is a reason I did not update the guide for 3.10. I am sorry, but I do not play same builds over and over again. I try different things each league and see what's worth making a guide for.

I'm sorry if my post sounds negative, but I'm sick for 8 days and I'm getting little crazy every now and then.

I like the build and I like that I have to figure some stuff on my own.

Can you please let me know the priority of the uniques? Which one will have highest impact to buy first? Also, what is the priority on aura effects? Currently I'm running only discipline.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info