[3.10] "Occultist would like to know your location" - Double DoT Toxic Rain trapper [Trickster]

"
xmassacre wrote:
I'm sorry if my post sounds negative, but I'm sick for 8 days and I'm getting little crazy every now and then.

I like the build and I like that I have to figure some stuff on my own.

Can you please let me know the priority of the uniques? Which one will have highest impact to buy first? Also, what is the priority on aura effects? Currently I'm running only discipline.

Sure.

If you've got the helmet - devouring diadem, your priority - then you will be able to run multiple auras just based on this item (-20% mana reservation).

Priority auras in order:
1. Malevolence
2. Discipline
3. Skitterbots

If you get circle of agony with inc. chaos damage while affected by HoA, then the 4th aura will be HoA.

Interestingly enough, you do not need Sporeguard anymore, as there is a cluster jewel notable that creates explosions, able to stack both HoA virluence stacks and Plague Bearer:

Unspeakable Gifts
Enemies you Kill have a 10% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage

That's basically occultist in a jewel. It makes occultist even bigger of a joke now.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Was wondering if you had time to take a look at my Trickster, trying to transistion from Toxic Rain mines to this now, but having a direct comparison via my POB and yours, I lack hundreds of thousand of damage and dont have enough mana reservation for Skitterbots. Not including HoA into the mix yet because I dont have currency to at the moment.

If you could take a look at tell me what I'm doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you for the guide and build work you have done here, it looks fantastic, just having trouble transitioning. Ty again!
Also, if you we're going to run the new notable Unspeakable Gifts via cluster jewel, what would you reckon you'd replace Sporeguard with?

Thanks again!
"
TwiztidFX wrote:
Was wondering if you had time to take a look at my Trickster, trying to transistion from Toxic Rain mines to this now, but having a direct comparison via my POB and yours, I lack hundreds of thousand of damage and dont have enough mana reservation for Skitterbots. Not including HoA into the mix yet because I dont have currency to at the moment.

If you could take a look at tell me what I'm doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you for the guide and build work you have done here, it looks fantastic, just having trouble transitioning. Ty again!

I've had really high-end gear in the end, and I mean gear worth 30ex+ at the end of the league.

You're missing valuable links and a lot of chaos damage multiplier on gear. I've had crafted/found gloves, ammy, quiver and, of course, the bow, with a ton of chaos damage multiplier. That's where most of the damage comes from (and gem levels).

My 3.9 character - MindOverBatter - still has its gear on it from Metamorph. You can check and compare at any time, I do not hide my chars.

I am kinda jealous, though. So early into the league and you're already sitting on Sporeguard AND Devouring Diadem. Insane.

"
TwiztidFX wrote:
Also, if you we're going to run the new notable Unspeakable Gifts via cluster jewel, what would you reckon you'd replace Sporeguard with?

Interesting question. Probably a crafted rare with more defensive stats than the unique can offer. Honestly, haven't thought about it.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Mar 18, 2020, 9:14:27 PM
Thanks for taking some time to take a look at Ydoum, you confirmed pretty much what I thought was wrong, gem links and levels and some of the crafts I don't have yet. Ittl come with time in this league, I think I'm being impatient and forgetting were still less than a week into the league, lol.

Thank you again sir.

"
TwiztidFX wrote:
Thanks for taking some time to take a look at Ydoum, you confirmed pretty much what I thought was wrong, gem links and levels and some of the crafts I don't have yet. Ittl come with time in this league, I think I'm being impatient and forgetting were still less than a week into the league, lol.

Thank you again sir.

Not an issue, glad I could help.

Please also remember that this was NOT my league starter. It can probably do most content successfully with low investment (you're well set into the build already, though), but it will take time to get the gear ready.

PS. Remember to run CWDT - desecrate - immortal call. You'll find automatically spawned corpses during difficult bosses really helpful with your auto-heal mechanic on the helmet.
Wanted to play toxic rain trapper for a while, finally found a guide for it. A few questions before I start:
1. What changed to coated shrapnel in 3.10? I didn't see anything in the patch notes.
2. Why is it called double DoTs? I assume you only scale the DoT from the pods and not the poison.
3. If DoT from the pods if our only damage source, will increase skill effect duration benefit the build?
4. If I don't use spore guard, I'm assuming a chest with high evasion and es and life is a better option?
"
Ammoconda wrote:
Wanted to play toxic rain trapper for a while, finally found a guide for it. A few questions before I start:
1. What changed to coated shrapnel in 3.10? I didn't see anything in the patch notes.
2. Why is it called double DoTs? I assume you only scale the DoT from the pods and not the poison.
3. If DoT from the pods if our only damage source, will increase skill effect duration benefit the build?
4. If I don't use spore guard, I'm assuming a chest with high evasion and es and life is a better option?

To answer your questions:
1. I have no idea what changed. It just doesn't work anymore.
2. Double DoT because we are still getting enough poison damage from explosions to stack Plague Bearer
3. It would benefit us, yes
4. Correct, but if you don't run an explody chest (e.g. crusader phys explosions), you won't be able to stack plague bearer, and your clear will be slightly worse in general. You will also lose an anointment slot, since it is possible to anoint Sporeguard.
Last edited by Ydoum on Mar 30, 2020, 9:08:23 AM
Would a Darkscorn work with this? Can't seem to find any information on whether Darkscorn's "20% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 300% more Damage" works with traps or not. Figured it's other stats would be fairly strong for this kind of build though. At least until one can craft a better bow. Currently using a Silverbough for the + 1 socketed gems and +1 bow gems and was looking for what would be an upgrade from it. (not following this build 100% as I am trying to make my own TR trap build)
It wouldn't, because the build is not focused around poison, but chaos DoT. Poisons from explosions are only there to feed Plague Bearer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info