EDIT: Atlas is saved.

"
Socratessa wrote:

GGG Please give more information about this subject. It is making people angry and the silence on youre official site wont help you either.
It will only generate endless topics about the same mess.

I completely agree. The complete radio silence from GGG regarding the plethora of problems with the new atlas is infuriating. Maybe they're hoping it'll just blow over, or maybe they're planning to release a big manifesto on the subject once they've decided on a way forward. We can only speculate. This league is already over for me, and it was completely ruined by the atlas. I forced myself to play it because I had no other games I wanted to play over the holidays, and I was miserable the whole time.
Isn't it pretty much how it always is with feedback? I've been here awhile, and it's rarer than a mirror drop to see GGG post on feedback. I don't ever expect a response, but that doesn't mean they aren't listening.

Post your feedback and hope for the best. That's all you can really do. But waiting for, or demanding a response from a Dev is just setting yourself up for disappoinment IMO.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
Nosferat wrote:

The old atlas was much better in terms of ease of access,and returns.

You might get lucky and influence spawns after your 5'th map run, or you might do 40 even 50 maps and see no influence,no conqueror,nothing.

The old Atlas wasn´t fun either, having to play certain maps to not destroy influence was a pain, it killed all fun, not having a free choice of what to do.

I also don´t understand why people can´t spawn the conquerers, I run one map and they spawn immediately. The high level of difficulty is much more an issue, but also the lack of map drops. My amount of red maps is at an alltime low, metamorphs drop white maps, zana drops white maps, it´s so badly done.

The nerf in map drops and insane difficulty, turns my interest to play to zero.
"
Ygidua wrote:

I also don´t understand why people can´t spawn the conquerers, I run one map and they spawn immediately.

They only spawn immediately up to the point where you have 16 watchstones and can start attempting Sirus after every 4 conqueror spawns. After that you only have a small chance to encounter them every map, and it can sometimes take 10, 20 or even 30 maps between encounters in the most extreme cases.

Basically if they spawn immediately, you're not in the endgame yet.
Last edited by carkasjak on Jan 19, 2020, 6:56:18 AM
"
Ygidua wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:

The old atlas was much better in terms of ease of access,and returns.

You might get lucky and influence spawns after your 5'th map run, or you might do 40 even 50 maps and see no influence,no conqueror,nothing.

The old Atlas wasn´t fun either, having to play certain maps to not destroy influence was a pain, it killed all fun, not having a free choice of what to do.

I also don´t understand why people can´t spawn the conquerers, I run one map and they spawn immediately. The high level of difficulty is much more an issue, but also the lack of map drops. My amount of red maps is at an alltime low, metamorphs drop white maps, zana drops white maps, it´s so badly done.

The nerf in map drops and insane difficulty, turns my interest to play to zero.

The old atlas had it's issues, however it rewarded you if you knew how to map sustain,how to farm, how to atlas basically.

This one the way it is now is unintuitive and too dependent on luck. It took me well over 300 maps to finally get to sirus 8. And I was already at 6,so only 2 so called levels and well over 300 maps.

Getting the influence to start at times was a pain, after that I had to run countless white maps to get the conqueror to get the watchstone. And since they spawn in a specific order at times you have to redo certain areas for the right conqueror to spawn.
I could have finished the old atlas at least twice if not three times over,in the amount of time it took me to finish the new one.

The main idea behind the atlas rework is nice,the new way sextants can be used for instance is much better. Although I don't get why we can't sell the sextants like the old ones at the shop 3 for 1 better. Basically it feels like a sort of beta,something that hasn't been properly tested and polished before it was released to the general public.

Elder influence could be easily started compared to conqueror influence in the new atlas. I rarely did more than 5 maps and elder influence appeared. Here there were times when I did 15 maps,then another 10,then another 10 just so that I can defeat 1 conqueror and get 1 wathcstone. At times I thought that the grind will never end,that I will end up doing maps for conqueror influence for the rest of the league.
Last edited by Nosferat on Jan 19, 2020, 3:44:40 PM
Bump
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:

this logic...

keep the last word.. be happy in your bubble.

I think stats are universally admitted as a more reliable source than the opinion of a rando

You do realize you're only seeing level 96-100 on poe ninja and that there is obviously a much larger percentage of people outside of that criteria right? Stats are only good if they're relevant.
Well, since this is becoming the main 'complain about the shitty Atlas' thread . . .

I would like to thank GGG for fucking up the Atlas so badly, I've actually finished a bunch of old games I've bought but haven't completed since I started playing PoE. In the past 6 weeks, I've cleared out:

Skyrim (finally)
Red Dead 2 (twice!)
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Spiderman

I've also put a bunch of hours into games that you don't really complete, like; Graveyard Keeper, Banished, CKII, and Europa Universalis IV. Awesome! Good guy GGG, always looking out for gamers.
lost my motivation completely and gimp around with old chars in standard and the precious free skill reset function :>

usually i reach about 24 challenges without following up on them, just by playing but this league...its so shitty.
Spending more time on forums than actually playing game. Please do something with the atlas. It's destroying the fun of mapping. All I want to do is grind maps for currency so I can buy GG gear and I think I'd rather slam my head on the desk than run another indoor maze dead end map... which is all I have left in my map tab.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jan 22, 2020, 10:40:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info