PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

EDIT: Atlas is saved.

They basically saved the atlas, so this thread is now obsolete.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fhp9um/tomorrow_path_of_exile_delirium_will_introduce_a/fkcmfvn/?context=10

Old post
I used to be able to pick the maps I enjoyed and run a shaped map strategy with maps of any tier between 3 and 16 where I could basically force only one map to drop per tier. The new atlas offers nothing even close to this, as we have no control over which maps drop within a region, and we cannot prevent adjacent maps from dropping. There are only a small handful of maps which can be made to be the only map on their tier, but none of these are layouts that I want to run.

It seems the intended endgame now is to fully awaken your atlas and run pretty much all maps as T14-16, kill conquerors to spawn Sirus. Kill Sirus, repeat. Well, I never played PoE For the boss fights, and frankly I am miserable in this new atlas. The RNG to encounter conquerors feels terrible. Not being able to move influence around like old elder influence feels terrible. High tier maps feel terrible in general since the monster life/armor/resist buff. Very few builds can even handle bosses in T16 maps now, so I'm forced to play a build I don't even enjoy to be able to tackle this content.

I'm actually really surprised at how incredibly bad this new atlas feels compared to the old one. I didn't think an atlas rework could suck all the joy out of the game like this, but apparently it can.

If we're not given better tools to manipulate map drops and run alternative atlas strategies I will be skipping all future leagues until the next major atlas rework.

EDIT: Since this thread has a very negative tone, I've come up with a positive suggestion on how to fix the biggest issue; the lack of control over unwanted map drops:

This new and improved cartographer's seal would allow players to decide which maps to block from dropping, allowing for vast multitude of different atlas strategies when used in conjunction with watchstones. Here are just a few example strategies:

1. Fully awakened atlas with all watchstones socketed, but seal the maps you absolutely hate to run, or maps that your character's build doesn't work well for. For instance if you're running a character that clears well in indoor maps, you could block a bunch of open outdoor layouts or vice versa.

2. A more traditional "shaped" atlas strategy where choose a tier range to run, e.g. tiers 11-13 and have only one map droppable per tier, using a combination of watchstones and seals to make sure that only your favorite maps are droppable on those tiers.

3. A hybrid strategy where you awaken some regions with maps you like to run, and seal all the maps you don't want to run, allowing just a few nice layouts to drop per tier.

4. A one map strategy where you pick one map you wish to run, and completely block all other maps of that tier, plus a tier or two above it to ensure maximum single map sustain.

P.S. Bring back Gorge :(
Last edited by carkasjak on Mar 12, 2020, 7:57:22 PM
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2020, 8:30:53 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
it's not fun arpgs should be fun too not just the typical grind, grind, grind.. this new mechanic sucked all the fun and made it worse..

even at 150/159 and only 40 on the awakening bonus because thats another joke.. barely self sustaining despite having those %'s before I could at least get 1-2 red maps per t16 now barely 1 or nothing.

the old system had flaws sure but nothing like this bs.. "33% chance to spawn a conqueror..." 3 hours later grinding red maps still nothing so.. what the fuck it's 33% or 3%?

and the bonuses on the "conqueror influenced maps" another joke.. 30% feels like 3% never got any influenced item from normal mobs ever.. even I got several shaper guardian maps first and yet have to get any influenced items from maps
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Dec 29, 2019, 10:29:28 PM
I'm in exactly the same boat.

I know it won't happen this league, but I really bloody hope that next league we get cartographer seals and some kind of elder orb back...Can't see myself playing the next league with the same crappy atlas design.
"
carkasjak wrote:

If we're not given better tools to manipulate map drops and run alternative atlas strategies I will be skipping all future leagues until the next major atlas rework.

I'm almost there with you and that kind of breaks my heart because no other game gives as much potential for me to play around like POE that i am aware of, almost 12,000 hours playing this game to end up even having these thoughts..

also is that a cactuar avatar!?
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Dec 29, 2019, 11:25:14 PM
Y'day one of guildmates was giving out his leaguestuff with words like same. He was pissed off by new atlas bullst rng and too much chore. He even doughted he will play poe anymore.

Just imagine doing all this 32 stones chore every league.

This makes me sad too.
"
DarkJen wrote:
Y'day one of guildmates was giving out his leaguestuff with words like same. He was pissed off by new atlas bullst rng and too much chore. He even doughted he will play poe anymore.

Just imagine doing all this 32 stones chore every league.

This makes me sad too.

big reason why probably the next leagues unless there's some serious changes to the new atlas clusterfuck I might just stop at some point and move on.. if the dev's intention was to hold players online for their metrics this is probably the worst and lazy way to do so.

I will give this system 1 try, I will try to get deep into it but like you said every 3 months this chore without some serious changes then they will have to start thinking better ways to hold players..

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
honestly it's just overly convoluted, and i think they did it on purpose. I don't know why. I've had more fun in this league than in the past, and as I try to progress in maps I just don't have the energy to try and figure it all out.

Hopefully this gets streamlined in future leagues. Think I'm done with this one.
I don't get it. Apparently the problem you have is that the fights are too hard for you. How is this the atlas' fault? Blame the increased difficulty, not the new mapping which did nothing to increase it.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I don't get it. Apparently the problem you have is that the fights are too hard for you. How is this the atlas' fault? Blame the increased difficulty, not the new mapping which did nothing to increase it.

what reasoning is this?

there's nothing "hard" it just pushes players more into the fotm build there's less choices of builds due to only certain things that can handle the endgame.

"
Xystre wrote:
I will give this system 1 try, I will try to get deep into it but like you said every 3 months this chore without some serious changes then they will have to start thinking better ways to hold players..

Yep.
Its definitely fun for one try.

At least in half way, like now I`m being stuck at 16 stones. And therefore now I feel tired already with all this stones cycle. Amount of this grind can be freely dwindled by at least twice to keep this somewhat fun in a long run. As it feels now. For me at least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info